Boolean Correction/Exchanging 0/1 for TRUE/FALSE

Mitchs98

So this is something I've been intending to do for a while now/propose to do for a while now. Essentially I want to go through the code and properly correct 0/1 Booleans to TRUE/FALSE to be in line with the style guide/help readability. My plan to do this rather than suddenly shitting out a file editing 100's of files at once is to pick categories in the code and go through them that way, and for file trees containing large amounts of files split it up even though this wouldn't really require much review time at all given the nature of it.

I.E Going through Object/devices and going down the list, bundling it into a PR, and posting it. Then moving on to another category for another PR.

I'm assuming this would be something that's wanted, given it allows the style guide to be followed?

I was going to DM a Maint, but it's not exactly urgent so I opted for a thread.

You're inevitably going to make mistakes.
You're going to spend literally 10+ hours of mindnumbing work on finishing this.
It's only going to help really clueless people who would figure this out on their own in under a minute.

The time will be better spent fixing issues that will have an impact or coding up something cool.
If you're going for hacktoberfest PRs just find some simpler issues and get to work.

16 minutes ago, FlattestGuitar said:

You're inevitably going to make mistakes.
You're going to spend literally 10+ hours of mindnumbing work on finishing this.
It's only going to help really clueless people who would figure this out on their own in under a minute.

The time will be better spent fixing issues that will have an impact or coding up something cool.
If you're going for hacktoberfest PRs just find some simpler issues and get to work.

Well, no, I wasn't doing this for hacktoberfest. I was doing it because it was something that genuinely annoys me, and I know it annoys others too.

🤷‍♂️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use