Jump to content

Reduce amount of Holy Water needed to deconvert Cultists


Coolrune206
 Share

Recommended Posts

Going to keep this short and simple - 

The deconversion time for cultists is far too long. Security can arrest a cultist, drag them to processing, fill them with holy water, and then it just becomes a babysitting game for about ~3 minutes. Meanwhile, the cult grabs someone and effectively instantly converts them due to the way the Offering and Spirit Realm runes work. 

Sitting around in processing for the long-ass time it takes to deconvert people isn't fun, either for the captured, buckled cultist or the babysitting officer. Reducing the amount of holy water needed to deconvert people to about 1/2 or even 1/3 of what it presently is would hopefully streamline an otherwise quite boring process and keep the round moving - plus, it would be a minor yet effective nerf that the cult desperately needs.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • explodyparrot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Woje said:

Counterpoint. Gamer officers with holy water on the go. 

Could then leave the amount required the same and increase the rate of consumption? I'm not sure how that might affect other holy water based issues like Vampires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coolrune206 said:

Could then leave the amount required the same and increase the rate of consumption? I'm not sure how that might affect other holy water based issues like Vampires.

That still makes on-the-go deconversions faster. Issue remains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Woje said:

That still makes on-the-go deconversions faster. Issue remains.

On-the-go deconversions already do occur, with the downside to Sec being the reduced safety of it - especially considering they cannot stop the cultist from communicating with its team. However, I still do see your point - do you have any ideas for how to mitigate this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coolrune206 said:

On-the-go deconversions already do occur, with the downside to Sec being the reduced safety of it - especially considering they cannot stop the cultist from communicating with its team. However, I still do see your point - do you have any ideas for how to mitigate this issue?

Yeah, and halving the time needed will make it more viable as a strategy.

First thing that comes to mind is having the chaplain do something to speed deconversions up. This way you get your fast deconversions but only if chaplain cooperates and only in processing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Woje said:

First thing that comes to mind is having the chaplain do something to speed deconversions up.

They already have something to speed up deconversions: Prayer beads.

What may be good is to make the amount and time needed variable. There are only very few cultists, which also don't carry much of their gear or stay near many runes and structures? That means they have the connection to their god well guarded inside, and such will need quite some "effort" to root that out. Many cultists running around in their gear near their structures? Their connection is wide open to let the power flow through them, easily found and destroyed by the holy water.

Not sure if it can be easily tracked (and used for it) how much "power" they've drawn recently, but the total ammount of cultists should be easily used. After all, the potential conversion throughput for security is basically fixed, while for the cult, it just grows with every cultist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, MarsMond said:

near their structures?

this sounds rather difficult to handle code wise. Amount of cultists however is a fairly easy thing to track. however I do see sec timing how long it takes to deconvert someone, then reverse engineering the code/maths to work out how many cultists there are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Charliminator said:

this sounds rather difficult to handle code wise. Amount of cultists however is a fairly easy thing to track. however I do see sec timing how long it takes to deconvert someone, then reverse engineering the code/maths to work out how many cultists there are.

damn, that decon was QUICK! WE NEED MECHS, INQUISITION CALLED IN! CALL THE SHUTTLE!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, probably could only permanently reduce the time after the halos, maybe also after the eyes. How much gear they used is probably complex, too, we wouldn't want cultists to get forced to wear a robe to be deconverted faster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use