Library, Book Printing Upgrades

xWitchblade

I'd like to begin with an apology should this feature already be in the game, though I've asked some mentors and it seems that it's not. When being a librarian stocking shelves can take some time; I feel like this task could be seriously sped-up should the delay on the library terminal be able to get removed, or seriously delayed — perhaps allowing you to order all books within the open page in batch? That way one could scoop the bundle of books in their bookbag and stock the shelves much like a chemist would stock the fridge.

• Like 1

What would love to see is a way to organize books by "collections" that can be updated and saved for later, so you can print a bunch of good books to create different styles or library themes.   It can take a lot of searching to find good books and then it is easy to forget or lose track of them by the next time you play as a librarian.

Printing all the books on an open page will get you a lot of books, but many won't be worth printing, in my experience.

Edited by destinycall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, destinycall said:

What would love to see is a way to organize books by "collections" that can be updated and saved for later, so you can print a bunch of good books to create different styles or library themes.   It can take a lot of searching to find good books and then it is easy to forget or lose track of them by the next time you play as a librarian.

Printing all the books on an open page will get you a lot of books, but many won't be worth printing, in my experience.

I really dig this! But it sounds like it'd be super hard to code. Is there something in the game that works like that already as precedent?

I'd love to see a simple system where each book has a number score and librarians can upvote or downvote them. Add in a button to show books ordered by score, and a button that just orders them randomly (so you can find books that haven't gotten a lot of votes yet), and you've suddenly incentivized the librarian to seek out cool books and for players to write cool books.

• Like 1

That would be awesome.   There are quite a few useful, fun, or funny books available in the library.   It can be quite entertaining to surf through them.   I'd definitely like a way to give some of those hidden gems the recognition they deserve.

Honestly the whole system could use a big overhaul. It's clunky as hell. It's been talked about on the community meeting.

Librarian is on the top of ”in desperate need of a rework” list. Just need someone that cares enough for the role, and skilled enough to code.

Would love to see it happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use