Changes to the IPC emergency box

Terces23

In my view the emergency boxes are to be limited-use saving graces for the person using them. While there is precedent for certain species to have different supplies (i.e. Vox and Plasmamen), IPC players get the standard o2 box. This is despite the fact that they can only personally use the glowstick in said box. I propose a change to what it contains, namely to an emergency welder and a small amount of cables (like 10?). While it is easy for a player to get supplies, it doesn't make in universe sense. Why would the profit oriented Nanotrasen give unneeded supplies to the now sizable portion of their crews?

• Like 1

Im not writing a response to the 80th iteration of this thread.

Please see every other thread that has been made for this

TLDR: They are not getting a welder and cables. 

2 hours ago, Terces23 said:

Why would the profit oriented Nanotrasen give unneeded supplies to the now sizable portion of their crews?

I always just treat it as a "The box isn't for you it's for some dip shit meat bag who you can reasonably save." because it's easier to get to your box in an emergency than theirs. I've had to use it working in toxins when my partner plasma floods it to save them far too many times for me to prefer something I can go to cargo to get if I need it over that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use