Suggestion/idea for a new traitor Item: Handheld mirror

procdrone

Very often, traitors are easily recognised by their character, hair, and other distinguishing characteristics, which makes it harder to hide. This is a bigger issue for well established characters, where almost everyone knows how they look, making identifying them easy peasy even if they wear disguises.

This item would allow to bring up the mirror menu anywhere (i guess its worth 1tc? also non contraband? Probably would be a good item to add to maint loot tables too), allowing to edit the hair and color, just like in any other mirror. This doesn't force the antagonist to go to a very exposed and dangerous locations like the barber shop, and helps keeping up the disguise.

• Like 6

I for one really like this idea. A kind of neutered DNA scrambler. I would even go as far to say this could just be an item available to barbers naturally; maybe even be able to craft a scuffed version from glass, metal, and wire, which has a chance to shatter in your hand and cause massive bleeding. To reiterate, this is a super cool idea and I'd absolutely love to see something like this in-game.  

• Like 1

Agreed.   Very nice idea.  I would like this added and not just as a traitor item.

Also, I had no idea you could change your appearance at mirrors.   I have learned something new and cool.

• Like 1

Honestly, that's a brilliant idea. I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested before.

It's also given me a possible extra idea, although this one might increase TC a bit to add it (and possibly be complex to code cleanly): Have the mirror allow you to peek around corners. Click on a tile next to your character, and the camera shifts there, allowing you to hide around a corner and look down a hall, for example.

Just call it a Disguise Kit or something and you're golden. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use