Reintroducing Heirophant with minor changes that should balance it

doggypoison

The main reason why Heirophant, from what I've been told has been due to balance and cheesiness. The staff has already been disabled so that's been resolved but the crusher trophy is still seen as something too "cheesy" so here's a simple suggestion that might fix things.

From playing in TG I've seen that fights with the ash drake is far more lethal than that of the colossus for one simple reason-
The projectile actually goes through the barrier. So my idea is that, if we make it so that the death bolts go through the barrier, it would mitigate a lot of it's cheesiness in the fight. If that isn't enough, maybe simply allowing megafauna to trample through or pass through the barrier could work too.

I personally believe this is good for the game because it reintroduces content that is actually pretty fun. The Heirophant fight itself is honestly a joy.

As a sidenote: I think that the Heirophant also needs to do more damage simply due to the fact that we have newcrit in the server, otherwise the fight can just be cheesed by face-tanking. So buffing the damage from 15-25 when it hits 50% health or something along those lines would be nice.

• Like 3

Taking some inspiration from https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/15336 (with permission from @CornMyCob since its their PR) and doing a Heiro-only PR might be a good start.

Seeing Heiro re-added would actually be pretty nice IMO.

48 minutes ago, MattTheFicus said:

Taking some inspiration from https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/15336 (with permission from @CornMyCob since its their PR) and doing a Heiro-only PR might be a good start.

Seeing Heiro re-added would actually be pretty nice IMO.

Honestly really love the buff that PR adds for the Heiro considering newcrit. It'll pretty much be near impossible for IPCs though.  I'm really hoping to see things be reworked and readded rather than be removed and be forgotten.

I've already spoken about this on another post asking about hiero re-introduction, as well as a quick PR I made about it. If hiero was to be reintroduced, I still think It'd need a major nerf on its crusher trophy ability. The wall stays up for about seven seconds, letting you completely box megafauna in and kill them without much trouble.

The Drake's breath going through it would be a good addition to that. Alternatively, if the wall had a max HP, and would break after taking a certain amount of punishment, that could be alright, too. 

Edited by Peak
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 9:48 PM, Peak said:

I've already spoken about this on another post asking about hiero re-introduction, as well as a quick PR I made about it. If hiero was to be reintroduced, I still think It'd need a major nerf on its crusher trophy ability. The wall stays up for about seven seconds, letting you completely box megafauna in and kill them without much trouble.

The Drake's breath going through it would be a good addition to that. Alternatively, if the wall had a max HP, and would break after taking a certain amount of punishment, that could be alright, too. 

I'm actually curious about what are the things in specific that maintainers have a problem with in specific with Heirophant, is it the loot or the difficulty of the boss fight itself? Maybe adding both of the barrier's incapability of blocking projectiles and reduced duration might balance it for Paracode.

all i remember was the hierofant staff being incredibly awful valid hunting tool, and practically impossible to deal with while playing biohazard or other valid antags, homed in ranged attacks, yeah no.

3 hours ago, procdrone said:

all i remember was the hierofant staff being incredibly awful valid hunting tool, and practically impossible to deal with while playing biohazard or other valid antags, homed in ranged attacks, yeah no.

The staff doesnt work on station anymore

8 hours ago, procdrone said:

Hasn't been the case for over a year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use