Clarification Needed

Crazyhair

Admin(s) Key:

@Meow19

Your ckey (Byond username): Crazyhair
Your Discord name (if applicable): Crazyhair8

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): October 3, 2021 around 5:30-ish?

Nature of complaint: Clarification Needed,  misapplication of rules(possibly but I don't want to say that)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Playing contractor, people stop contracts, RD chases into maints with baton to stop officer being kidnapped.

Full description of events: While playing a contract I was trying to do a pretty easy contract of scientist in RnD with my science access. I got the contract, co-workers disarmed, sec came, I ran, normal contractor things. After an officer came who got me to reveal my cover I proceeded to baton him and attack to kill him/incapacitate him to prevent him from arresting me again. This started on delta station in the research division in which is between experimentor and toxins. While this was happening I was already being chased by a civilian that didn't attack me or prevent the kidnapping but just chasing me.

I ran into experimentor maints with the RD following me trying to throw them off by closing airlocks, going into different plays of maints, and trying to baton them. None of this dissuaded them and they kept following me trying to baton me. Normally I would find this ok and not ahelp it or whatever but the RD chased me from science(research division) all the way to toxins maints which is a far way to go. At some point they baton'd me which I took their baton and hit them back and tried to get the officer again which failed and got caught some time later because I was too tired with the whole situation.

I did ahelp this which I was told, 

Meow19: all looks good to me since rd was present at the time the kidnapping started, thanks for the report though!

Crazyhair: he literally chased me through maints trying to baton me while seeing I was batoning the other people chasing me

Crazyhair: it's fair that he was there so he could've tried to save me but he literally chased me through maints

Crazyhair: save the officer*

Meow19: people can chase you as long as their intentions are to save the person being kidnapped, and they were present at the time the kidnapping started.

Crazyhair: I know that much but going into maints full on chasing an antag to save someone while you know they armed and such doesn't seem to fit that

Crazyhair: the kidnapping started in science and ended in departures after the RD baton'd me

Crazyhair: I had to loop around many times and the RD was still chasing me

Meow19: where does it say "if you chase an antag for too long it becomes valid hunting" ?

Meow19: i don't have anything else i can tell you, they didnt red text you, they saved the officer

Meow19: their intentions were good, they witnessed the kidnapping (you did it in blatantly public place) and thats it.

I totally get that you can save someone from being kidnapped and all but I feel as the RD shouldn't have chased me through batons as non-sec and command at that. Meow19 told me that it was ok to save the officer being they witnessed the kidnapping and all but after checking the advanced rules I can say that this might've not been the case.

A good rule of thumb is that you can defend yourself and co-workers, but if the antag runs away, you shouldn’t be chasing them down - once they run you've succeeded in defending them. If you're not security, you should be more concerned with the victim than the antag - don't give chase to them after they've been saved. If someone is kidnapped, chasing them should be with a goal of rescue. Once you've rescued the person, security can apprehend the criminal, not a vigilante.

I have nothing wrong with the admin Meow19 or anything but I just feel that the RD went well out of his way to stop that kidnapping and I ahelp'd feeling as the RD was wrong in that situation. I'm perfectly fine with whatever resolution is given to this admin "complaint" but I just want clarification. I'm not making this with intent to shit-talk Meow or get them in trouble either. I just want another opinion on it.

Thanks for reading this or attempting this despite my grammar, spelling and writing skills in general.

For a few days I've realized I actually don't care enough about the situation for an admin complaint to be out.

So I'll delete this.

Or hiding?

Edited by Crazyhair