Round ID 28632(?) Comments, and feedback.

skb

Admin(s) Key:
I don't remember exactly.

Your ckey (Byond username):
Skb

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 

around 4:40 AM UTC? Not sure exactly.
Thursday, September 30, 2021

Nature of comment:
Clarification required, feedback, other.

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

I changed the clown to a monkey. This seemed to provoke admin comment as the clown was likely upset I did upon them by chance, and turned them into a monkey without any pretext definition. 

In this case my proposed justification was to cause attrition as there was obviously a very tight command structure.

Full description of events:

To elaborate, I had been turning people into monkeys already in genetics because lots of my time was being taken up by people asking questions, or just being nosey.

I wanted to target high level IDs like the CMO or RD with the monkey injections, but 3-4 people found their ways to my demise for any period of time.

I managed to defer lots of suspicious blame to the other genetic staff, and wasting away at the command chain through attrition.

I think the issue with the clown is primarily little pretext, and was random. Was this action considered a net negative? Please let me know so I can make alterations to my playstyles.

Thanks again for reading this. I'll try to be good at taking better notes for everyone, and I was a bit confused with the encounter with admins so I wanted to have some time to reflect, and allow for comment here.

The handling admin was very nice, but scared me as they told me I should know better after 1,000k hours, so I was worried it was certainly considered "net negative", but wanted to be on the record with my due diligence here. In the future when admins contact me, I will try to put my account here for comments by staff.

I also wanted to apologies about the brevity of these, but with more feedback I wanted make these reports as smooth as possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to examine this comment.

• 1 month later...

Hi there sorry this took so long to get a response to, more than a few things have happen over the course of a month and a half and made a few things take a back seat to more important matters unfortunately. 

Getting into the AC here however, generally going outside of your objectives in order to cause chaos or mess with multiple people in a way that basically renders them unable to play the game normally is considered going too far. Things like killing multiple non-targets as a non-hijack antag or turning a bunch of people into monkeys, farwas, etc isn't conductive to antags trying to finish their goals and looks more like someone is attempting to grief and cause mayhem for as many people as they can. Generally that level of behavior is restricted to antags with hijack objectives only. Antags can turn their assassination targets into a monkey/farwa/etc as a means to finish their objective but again people shouldn't be doing it to multiple players for the sake of creating a diversion or chaos.

• 4 weeks later...