Skb

Your Discord name (if applicable):
Skb#0001

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 

‎(UTC)‎

3:14 AM

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Nature of comment:
Clarification required, feedback, other.

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:
n/a

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

Ultimately demoted, and cluwne gibed for faxing a completed requisition for Diona pods to CC.

IAA doing paperwork. I think since I did not go through the Captain, or Magistrate, as I should have tried before faxing CC, a wrath of consequence was given to me.

Is it normal like a dice roll when I do this, or should I expect more consequence in regards to my net negative as a player?

Basically it was a fun response. With my recent record I wanted to know if everyone was in the loop about my possible issue. I want the admins to have fun too, and I think of my faxes as little quests. I used to make faxes all the time late when I was bored, which where usually ignored. Just need some feedback.

Thanks again.

Full description of events:

You insert Cell 3 log - Bill Meeks 09:53:55 into the long range fax machine.

Your headset pings, notifying you that a reply to your fax has arrived.

What threw that?

[Security] Yaschzsam Rawrentchcen (Head of Security)  asks, "Perma is dead revive or na magistrate?"

Yaschzsam Rawrentchcen talks into the head of security's bowman headset

What threw that?

What threw that?

What threw that?

The long range fax machine beeps, "Message transmitted successfully."x2

You eject Civilian report - HOP from the long range fax machine.

You put Civilian report - HOP in the chest drawer.

That's Central Command - Promotion. It is a tiny item.

CC Demotion Order

Witnessing The Wind is hereby demoted to the rank of Civilian. Process this demotion immediately. Failure to comply with these orders is grounds for termination.

Central Command - Promotion spontaneously catches fire, and burns up!

[Common] James Auchvulf (Scientist)  says, "Arcades emmaged"

Securitron states, "Level 4 infraction alert!"

The Securitron points at Witnessing The Wind!

[Security] Securitron (Automated Announcement)  says, "Arresting level 4 scumbag Witnessing The Wind in the Law Office."

The Securitron has stunned you!

The Securitron is trying to put zipties on you!

What threw that?

[Security] Witnessing The Wind (No id)  stammers, "El-lp-p!"

Witnessing The Wind stammers, "El-lp-p!"

The Securitron is trying to put zipties on you!

[Security] Witnessing The Wind (No id)  says, "IAA office"

Witnessing The Wind says, "IAA office"

[Common] Heals-The-Self (Medical Doctor)  says, "The hell"

knoh

[Common] Lark Skystumbler (Shaft Miner)  asks, "Was there an assfax?"

[Common] Ryder Hill (The Griffin)  says, "I hope so"

Witnessing The Wind screams!

[Common] Corvidium (Xenoarcheologist)  asks, "What?"

What threw that?

yalp ot tnaw I

What threw that?

[Security] Budget.OS (AI)  states, "Security, an IAA is handcuffed in the IAA office, please assist."

Zeke Elliott says, "Hehe"

Zeke Elliott claps.

knoh

[Security] Zeke Elliott (Security Officer)  says, "AI open please"

Zeke Elliott talks into the security bowman headset

Witnessing The Wind says, "Scary thing..."

[Security] Witnessing The Wind (Demoted)  says, "Dying at HOP"

Witnessing The Wind says, "Dying at HOP"

You feel a cold, gloved hand clamp down on your ankle!

??? begins dragging Witnessing The Wind under the floor!

Jay Mathews says, "Fuck this im out"

[Common] Mourning Glory (Maintenance Technician)  says, "LUUUUUUBE"

Nickolas Sholl says, "There it is."

J.E.S.S.I.E asks, "Ah... any room for another WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?"

??? opens the firelock.

[Common] Budget.OS (AI)  states, "Floor Cluwne in HoP line."

Squishy screams!

Amiyah Johnson snores.

Nickolas Sholl says, "The IAA has been doomed."

[Security] Witnessing The Wind (Demoted)  says, "It's got me.."

Witnessing The Wind says, "It's got me.."

You hear a small glass object shatter.

[Security] Witnessing The Wind (Demoted)  says, "The floor...."

Witnessing The Wind says, "The floor...."

Squishy screams!

[Security] Steadman Slick (Magistrate)  asks, "Is anyone gonna stop the floor cluwne?"

You feel funny.

You feel lightheaded.

Uh oh!

You feel nervous.

The cursed clown mask grips your face!

You feel slightly disoriented. That's normal when you're just a brain.

Lark Skystumbler is hit by the left lower tendril!

Lark Skystumbler is hit by the right lower tendril!

Lark Skystumbler says, "Packwatch"

Drakthan (Jellow) (follow) moans, "*nod"

Drakthan (Jellow) (follow) blubbers, "*nod"

The light tube shatters.

Paxton Coates yells, "WHAT THE FUCK?!!"

Paxton Coates exclaims, "CARGOOOO!!"

Zouri Essouser draws the advanced stun revolver, pointing it at the ground.

Jay Mathews says, "What the fuck"

Nickolas Sholl says, "It beheaded them and tossed them out as a clown"

Zouri Essouser holsters the advanced stun revolver.

Drakthan (Jellow) (follow) moans, "Getting floor cluwned is an experience."

Nickolas Sholl says, "That is metal as shit"

cluwne laments, "Look at this mess"

J.E.S.S.I.E says, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT"

[Common] Joel Alexander (Janitor)  says, "THIS IS MY ONLY WARNING, IF I FIND YOUR SHIT ON THE GROUND, I WILL KEEP IT OR TRASH IT"

Jeffrey 2000 emits a negative blip.

Jay Mathews asks, "Ok so med doc right?"

[Common] AR-1A (Quartermaster)  says, "CROWBARS AT CARGO"

J.E.S.S.I.E says, "Sure sounds good"

Amiyah Johnson snores.

Paxton Coates attempted to disarm Alexa!

Head of Personnel's Desk announcement

so the IAA agent CC ordered be demoted just turned into a cluwn and exploded in my line. 

we truely live in a great place
 -Head of Personnel Jay Mathews

Hello as the admin handling your fax and everything behind it I’ll reply to you to share my side of it as you requested feedback about it.

You sent a request for a diona pod to Central Command, I sent a standard “don’t waste our time” template as this is not the IAA job nor should they fax CC about requesting items that the station can make (Botany and cargo can make/order them.) You then proceeded to fax back the very same fax we sent to you as Central Command signed and stamped by you as IAA without any further word from you to anyone else about the fax between the pod request and when you faxed back our own fax (Which you didn’t include in your summary of the event). When I checked your say logs, you didn’t provide any reason as to why you wanted the pods to anyone else, I proceeded to demote you and sent a floor cluwne after you as I consider this as an assfax if not worse, when Central told you to not waste their time with this, you proceeded to send our own fax implying to not waste your time.

We’ve a policy to jobban anyone with fax access sending us an assfax (As per a forum announcement, here is the link: https://www.paradisestation.org/forum/topic/17124-iaa-captain-ntr-butt-faxes-and-rp-seriousness/), while this is not perse an ass fax, this is akin to one in terms of seriousness. I should’ve spoken to you about it and job banned you since CC demoted you which implies you did not play your role responsibly as IAA (IE: Rule 5.). Though I was busy with something else and was unable to message you about this issue.

Edited by Tourte
  • Like 1
  • eyes 1

implying to not waste your time.

I'm not suggesting what I was responding was a waste of my time. It was a thoughtful response, and I'm confused why it was perceived as negative. This was not my intention. I want to apologize for it coming off this way in any case.

I sent a standard “don’t waste our time” template as this is not the IAA job nor should they fax CC about requesting items that the station can make (Botany and cargo can make/order them.)

This paper as I recall stated it was automated at the foot. So I was under the impression it wasn't even received, and by sending an additional response that it was received seemed appropriate. I would also apologize that this was not appropriate based on your response here. 

I should’ve spoken to you about it and job banned you since CC demoted you which implies you did not play your role responsibly as IAA (IE: Rule 5.).

I don't necessarily think this should be the case, as any ban is considered net negative, and hard to avoid the auto-pilot of what bans entail on Paradise. There are a lot of rules, and nuance. 

You then proceeded to fax back the very same fax we sent to you as Central Command signed and stamped by you as IAA without any further word from you to anyone else about the fax between the pod request and when you faxed back our own fax (Which you didn’t include in your summary of the event).

I'm anxious you mentioned I didn't include the summary. I was hoping that account wasn't considered net negative, and would actually be weighted on my reflection of the incident. Recalling my actions, I thought I put "received" or similar on the response. That means I understood.

When reflecting on this, and the tone of the your response Tourte, I think there is some indication there is an assumption I'm here to just be a problem, but really on the flip side I want to make myself useful to the community I enjoy.

If I may, I see what you're talking about how this was not considered a responsible action, as it's started several times in the wiki that:

"Do Not Fax Central Command Over Trivial Matters: "
"The Absolute Last Resort: Faxing Central Command"

Etc

On my account here, what I was trying to achieve was doing paperwork, and seeing how the flow was being handled. It went like this:

Asked for some Diona pods at botany. Told no eventually. Then I went to do the paperwork, had the HOP signed it, copied it, presented it to the botany department without luck again. This time I went back to the office with the paperwork, and forwarded it to related heads of staff. I also had looped in CC as I was just being a bit naïve considering CC would maybe just file the thingy, and be done with it. I don't really know how it looks on the admin side, but it's in my nature to see how it would be handled. To my surprise, I ended up committing a faux pas. I was actually filled with anxiety as I worried I was about to be banned or something, but it was a lighthearted response which was a fun learning experience in the end.

As a final note please recognize this is not a complaint, but a comment based on my interactions with staff. I don't know where it's appropriate to post these, as this forum most closely matches the an area for comment.

Edited by skb
  • Like 1

The fax we sent to you was a “do not waste our time”  template; as such, it is considered as an automatic message (we’ve faxed several templates like this for common requests from IAA/Captain/NT rep). I am not really sure what you mean by a thoughtful response- whether you are referring to you sending the automatic fax back to Central (which now you know you should not), or your cargo request, which you put some work into. I do not perceive this as a negative; if anything, I consider it as something positive, as you are now aware to not request items that the station is able to make from Central Command, as I mentioned in my last post. As so, I am assuming your thoughtful response is your diona pod request.

While you say this is not a waste of your time, it can be perceived as one in this context. Since you are sending back the “don’t waste our time” fax template back to Central Command. While you can send a fax back about receiving an answer from Central Command, it is not recommended to do so, as it’ll only distract the attention of the online admins for a simple “I got this message guys don’t worry.” The admin handling your fax can easily check whether you’ve checked the fax or not, and can even send a subtle message to the player about it if they are unaware of the fax.

While this situation doesn’t warrant a jobban, the context, before you explained your side of story, may have warranted one. As you can see, while an assfax or faxing back a “don’t waste our time” to Central Command is unserious and we jobban people for that, as I specified in my previous post, unless there is a nuance such as me being unable to contact you during the round and you being able to explain your side during an admin PM. This is why you are not job banned from the roles, as you couldn’t explain your side of things in an admin PM. I appreciate what you did with this feedback; you can also use adminhelp/contact the admins through the discord and ask them questions about what happened, as sometimes admins are busy and are unable to handle everything smoothly.

I mentioned the missing part as I thought you may have not realised or seen that we'd sent you a fax, and it is also something that I would’ve mentioned if I were to contact you through admin pm. In that case, you would have been able to explain your side of the story; however, since I was unable to contact you through PMs at the time, you explained your side of the story in this thread.

On a side note, please do not make assumptions about you just being here to be a problem. While the whole IAA fax to CC issue was a problem, and needed to be addressed as we did in this thread, you explained your side, are now aware to not do that, and that should be the end of it. Which I hope helps you continue to enjoy the game, while following our rules.

This is also the correct place to post feedback.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This AC has seemed to handled itself to a satisfactory out come between all parties involved, if there's no other concerns that need to be addressed or comments that either party wants to make in a weeks time from now otherwise i'll file this as resolved.