Day Z

Regen

I know we've all played or at least heard of Day Z.

Some time ago I used to play nothing but Day Z mod, I found it to be absolutely amazing and really fun.

Then came the hackers.

So we (Deterrent and I) moved onto new Day Z maps and aberrations of the original Day Z mod for ArmA 2 that were not so full of "huehue instakill" hackers, which was more fun as well, more weapons and a whole new map to explore.

Then came Breaking point (knows as broken point)

Breaking point is a Day Z mod which uses the original Chernogorsk map with tweaks and new additions.

As well as that it features a lot of new mechanics and a lot of new weapons.

I played DayZ BP for a good while, but the fact that the bugs were never fixed stopped my enthusiasm for playing there (spawn and die, loose all gear)

So now with ArmA 3 being heavily modded, and Day Z Standalone continuing its (boring) development, I have decided to hear what you guys think of Day Z.

Personally I've taken to playing ArmA 3 Breaking point, which is great fun, I really love what Deathlyrage did to it.

I play some standalone as well, but I am so heavily geared there and I find no other players that I just can't find enough motivation to play.

I can stream me playing Day Z as well, but only if anyone cares to watch it, I have some clips of funny shit we've done, but they're all in Norwegian

I got into DayZ back when it was just barely a mod even, and have played it off and on since then, although I have migrated to the standalone. However, I don't play very often because the game is about 1000x better with some people to run with, but even if I joined a clan or something to get people to play with I would still play pretty infrequently, so normally I just don't even bother. Long story short- I normally only play when other people I know ask me to.

I originally bought standalone (Before that I would watch the videos).

I was severely disappointed at first (Tons of lag, invincible zombies, little loot, wall zombies) and then I met people and it was fun, but I nearly died from rotten fruit. Then I got mauled with the doors closed. Haven't touched it since.

DayZ is the reason I found SS13. I've never played ArmA, I spotted the standalone on steam when it was first released and gave it a go. Then headed to the forums, where I found the twitch streams, started watching Sacriel and when browsing his Youtube channel I found some streams of this weird looking 2d spaceman game... haven't played DayZ since lol. I'll probably have another look when it's out of alpha, it was pretty broken when I tried to play

I'll just be the one to say this but,

Fuck all the spin-off DayZ mods. DayZ Origins, Breaking Point, DayZ+, this and that. Most of the shit is just adding in content the game already has and pressuring people into buying VIP Packages and Pre-built bases. The original DayZ was fantastic, then came all the bullshit private hives and private this and that. I hate private servers with an absolute passion, it's just a way into making the game your personal money-grabbing haven than what the mod was intended to be.

The standalone is pretty decent so far, development is slow but it's moving along I guess. I'm just glad that the devs even said that all the modding and spin-off mods of the game won't be available to anyone. So now DayZ Standalone PVP NO ZOMBIES 24/7 DAYLIGHT won't happen.

. So now DayZ Standalone PVP NO ZOMBIES 24/7 DAYLIGHT won't happen.

That is already happening, servers restart whenever it gets dark, and other servers are like "300% LOOT ALWAYS DAYLIGHT NO PVP"

They'll outright ban you from the server if you kill an admin or a friend of an admin, its hilariously pathetic

I'd like to quash right now this thought that private servers with modified game conditions are a bad thing. Would I want to play on one? Depends, any amount of pay-to-win? Then no, but if the private hive is otherwise fine, it's a good way to have one char to play with friends and one to play solo for instance, and if the private hive makes the game more fun for you without compromising other people on the server (through aforementioned pay-to-win bullshit) then even more power to it. That isn't to say these hives can't be run poorly.

Regen is right about admin abuse being pathetic, but that isn't a problem with private hives as a whole, just with some who have bad management.

. So now DayZ Standalone PVP NO ZOMBIES 24/7 DAYLIGHT won't happen.

That is already happening, servers restart whenever it gets dark, and other servers are like "300% LOOT ALWAYS DAYLIGHT NO PVP"

They'll outright ban you from the server if you kill an admin or a friend of an admin, its hilariously pathetic

I tend to just blacklist those types of servers. You've got no idea how much seeing those types of servers makes my blood boil. It ruins the game entirely, the devs have a simple fucking concept for the game.. "Survive a zombie apocalypse and other players." thats it.

When all these servers start twisting things around meaning they start enforcing stuff like "No pvp allowed" and increasing the amount of loot on the map which I don't think is possible but it may be is what'll ruin this game. The vanilla version of this game is fine and it should stay that way.

Honestly you're all kinda sounding whiny and pathetic about it. I don't see what the issue is that some people want to run servers that are what they want to play on or allow for people to donate. It's your choice to play on them. Just don't fucking play on the server if you don't have fun, boom, problem solved. God only knows there are more than enough vanilla ones.

Played dayz arma 2 mod. Vanilla, epidemic, breaking point and what else. Had alot of fun. played on middle servers from Europe. Avoiding most of the hackers, had one run in with a guest-admin with godmode on a server me and my friends were playing on, and since our group was the actually the majority of the people playing on that server, the owner of that server gave us custom skins and starting loadouts for apology. (we had a chick in our group that fixed it with the owner)

Then Dayz SA came out. at first... it was meh. Zombies clipping through buildings. rotten fruit everywhere, lots of other bugs that could ruin your game. But recently its playable, no more clipping (I locked alot of zombies in houses, since the can't open doors. Suprising other players coming to loot those houses)

Dayz SA focuses more on the player interaction and I have alot of fun on me and my brother capturing a player, handcuffing him. Putting a sack over his head so he was blind. to bring him somewhere where the rest of our group had another one captured. Tossing them in a house filled with zombies, given only a kitchen knife. The single survivor got patched up and a backpack filled with good gear ;) And other misc stuff.

People that whine about shoot on sight; SA has set its spawns to more inlands places. Finding another player is not as easy as easy and bambi hunters are discouraged. The coast is no longer hunting grounds and even Electro and Cherno are pretty untouched. Encounters are mostly random run ins that are exciting. without it being a guy waiting with an sniper to just kill people.

For me. SA is more the survival game (that is getting alot more as time passes) I like to play then dayz mod was.

Also. Didn't encounter a hacker yet on SA

Development is slow on that one. But it certainly has potentional.

Never played arma 3 :(

Honestly you're all kinda sounding whiny and pathetic about it. I don't see what the issue is that some people want to run servers that are what they want to play on or allow for people to donate. It's your choice to play on them. Just don't fucking play on the server if you don't have fun, boom, problem solved. God only knows there are more than enough vanilla ones.

Yeah and vanilla servers begin to fade away like they did on the mod. The more of these servers that limit players will begin showing up while vanilla servers begin to die out, just like the mod. Not playing on the server doesn't solve the problem.

The hell are you talking about? There are probably still more vanilla servers than the majority of mods. There certainly was when I played a while ago. It was like vanilla and three mods that had any population at all thanks to the standalone. If you can't find a bounty of vanilla servers to play on, its a fault with your ability to search, not a lack of them.

The hell are you talking about? There are probably still more vanilla servers than the majority of mods. There certainly was when I played a while ago. It was like vanilla and three mods that had any population at all thanks to the standalone. If you can't find a bounty of vanilla servers to play on, its a fault with your ability to search, not a lack of them.

"Yeah and vanilla servers begin to fade away like they did on the mod."

Once the game is more developed and nearing launch you'll notice how more and more of private servers begin popping up with custom rules and starter packs.

I don't know if you played the original mod or not but that was the greatest example of how vanilla servers died out and private hives rose up, it's a terrible sight. donating gets you starter packs (a gun and some supplies upon spawning), pre-built bases, spawning the vip in areas nearby cities (more loot and more kills.) and spawn immunity (15-30 second immunity to damage when spawned) oh and admins banning people for entering restricted areas (bases owned by admins or vips.)

Thats the current direction of most of these private servers, and once these private servers become popular it'll leave vanilla servers much smaller and lonelier. The developers are still 50/50 on whether to restrict these types of things popping up but hopefully they do. Sweeping the servers under the rug and ignoring it won't fix the problem. Players shouldn't be allowed to gain advantages over other players and be given a cake-walk version of the game whether they want it or not.

Private servers that don't allow pvp and offer starter packs shouldn't be allowed to exist on the standalone version. Daylight 24/7 is reasonable at the best. It drives newer and more confused players away and it dampens the community to spending real cash for advantages over other players which is pretty much on the same par as cheating.

It ain't an issue of playing on them or not, it's an issue of these servers even being allowed to exist.

Didn't encounter a hacker yet on SA

Development is slow on that one. But it certainly has potentional.

Never played arma 3 :(

Lets just say that there are a LOT of hacks for the SA, the only difference being what information being available to players, and how good you have to be in programming to actually execute anything.

That being said, the servers no longer allow for remote execution etc, which means no more "press button to kill everyone" and "we thunderdome now"

They basically restricted what players can see and do in terms of data, but stuff like ESP hacks still and will always exist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use