Karma and Voting Popup Icons

Sirryan2002

This is an idea I've had in the back of my head for a while (and one I'd be willing to code).

What:

Whenever a mob spawner pops up in game, terrors/swarmers/blob, it always has a popup icon in the top right of the screen indicating that the mob/antag is available. What I'm proposing is to add that same feature to karma giving and server polls (escape shuttle, next map). With the server poll icon showing up for 30 seconds upon a poll being opened and the karma giving icon show up upon the shuttle leaving or the round end(as with blob/nukies gamemodes).

When you click on the popup, it opens up the menu to give karma or opens up the voting menu for a server poll.

Why:

It is extremely easy to forget to give karma at the end of the round. While I don't think it is absolutely necessary to give out karma each round it probably should be given out a bit more than it is. This may also help people get into the habit of giving karma as they'll become more aware of their ability to give it out. This also will help spread out karma to players who may not often(or ever) be in the central purview of deadchat during a round.

As for server polls. Chatlog spams can happen. As an admin it's extraordinarily bad if I don't turn my attack log preferences down and the sever poll option is on my screen for perhaps a couple seconds. Similarly, if someone is in combat(as is common at round end), the option to choose the next map or call the transfer shuttle is easily sent into the abyss that is combat chatspam.

Edited by Sirryan2002
  • Like 6

100% agree. It's extremely easy to forget/miss polls which include things like extending the round, or changing the map. Giving that to karma also makes sense.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use