Revival of the Beach revamp PR

Darkmight9

A passion project I did back in the day that suffered from feature creep and me letting the PR bloat to epic proportions (you'd think I'd have learned the first time with my delta overhaul project). I'm wanting to revive the project this time doing it in much smaller chunks and pieces so it's easier to review, work, and to merge. I'm wanting to see if people are still interested in the beach revamp and if Heads of Staff would greenlight the project considering gateway is a bit divisive among the heads before I start putting in the work once more.

Why it'd be good for the game. The Beach gateway is... boring frankly, there's little to do there both for relaxation and adventure. I'm wanting to at the very least improve the relaxation capability of the beach resort section and in later parts of the project bring more adventure and exploration to the map.

Here is the original mega PR https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/13122

Roadmap of the project, numbers with letters next to them would be split into different PRs

1a. Add in new buildable lounge chairs and beach chairs 1b. Also buildable brass structures (can't remember if we can build those or not rn) the chairs and brass structures would be separate PRs
2a. Add in some new undead pirates 2b. and a space whale(that would be put underwater in the beach map)
3. Remap the resort section of the gateway and add in the resort hosts.
4a-?. Add in adventure locations one by one in their own separate PRs

• Like 5

I do like this PR. Beach is a nice place to offload some greytiders into on highpop.

• Like 1

I'd love to see it! The beach has a lot of potential, it'd be great to see it realized!

Just read through the pr comments and I think the general vibe from people (as someone who never saw it before) was that people liked it, it just needed a bunch of tweaking :) 

• Like 1

I remember seeing this circulating around back when I was being used as a guinea pig for some test runs of DBSS Sigma. I'm totally for this (not that my opinion matters all too much) and think that gateways need some love. I know that general higher-up consensus is mostly negative against the addition of more stuff to the gateway and hope that turns around eventually. It's a crying shame to see such an intriguing part of the SS13 experience have it's penultimate experience be trying to rush through the spider station with lasers as fast as possible. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use