An interesting idea to change Diona.

Raydon1206

So, as the title says, I've got an interesting idea on how to change Diona. Personally, I think the combo of regeneration and immunity to brain damage is insane, it makes it really hard to die from blood loss as a Diona. But besides that, I thought this would be an interesting change that could be in line with the lore of Diona.

So For starters, making the Diona Nymph form into the simple form for Diona would be great. After that, the main idea we had was when a Diona reaches a certain threshold of critical health, their hive will break down and split into it's component nymphs. Perhaps one nymph per organ or per limb, with you controlling the "brain" nymph. 

Now, as for reforming? That part is where my suggestion gets stuck.. not sure what would be fair per-say. The normal nymph way? That falls flat if hydroponics has earthsblood trays, no weeds to eat afterall. Re-absorbing your parts could work if they had timers attached to them. Perhaps it could be treated as a mobile brain for cloning/mmi purposes. 

Thoughts very much appreciated on this.

As far as I know they used to be like this and it was highly abusable and was removed.

I believe I've heard Spark talk about it. Guess some ancient being like him will probably see this thread and confirm or deny eventually.

7 hours ago, Raydon1206 said:

Now, as for reforming? That part is where my suggestion gets stuck.. not sure what would be fair per-say. The normal nymph way? That falls flat if hydroponics has earthsblood trays, no weeds to eat afterall. Re-absorbing your parts could work if they had timers attached to them. Perhaps it could be treated as a mobile brain for cloning/mmi purposes. 

Now hold up, you know nymphs can crawl into vents to go to the chef's garden or main graden and eat weeds from those often neglected plots, right? Could also flick a scientist to learn their language and ask them to build you a tray or three.

I think this is a neat idea and would add some variety to playing as Diona.   

Not sure how balanced it would be.  That's not really my area of expertise and it is hard to compare very different mechanics to see if they are "equal" or fair.  Nymph are pretty fragile, so it might lead to a lot of perma-dead diona.  Or it might be too easy to survive and revive from anything.

One option might be to make this type of "death" only occur under certain circumstances or with a low chance, so it would be a relatively rare occurrence.  For example, dissolution of the gestalt might only occur when the diona has suffered extensive brute force trauma.  Toxin, fire, radiation, etc would not cause this effect.  So you "break apart" due to the trauma. Or there could be a low chance of occurrence any time the diona goes into the critical state, so it doesn't happen every time you would die, but can happen anytime you are badly wounded instead of a regular death.

Another related idea would be making Diona unclonable by normal means, so dead diona must be "re-grown" using the cloning pod plants.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use