Ideas for a cyberiad "tour"?

Daeodon

Hey there, I might be showing a few new players the basics of the game soon. I figured a fun way to do it would be to RP a tour guide showing them around the station. Do y'all have any suggestions for anything fun/stupid/silly/informative I could do with this? Much appreciated :)

• Like 2

This isn't specific to your idea, but one important thing to remember when teaching new players the game is that it is a very good idea to notify the admins before you start the tour.   This can be done by sending a message via Ahelp in-game.    This can prevent problems later by letting the admins know what you are doing and why.   This is very important because there are rules against some kinds of coordinated play between players (meta-gaming) and sharing current-round information outside of the game, due to the hidden roles aspect of SS13.    You might want to disable antagonist roles before joining the game that you plan on being a guide too. 

Incidentally, if you want them to look like a proper space tourist, there is a "tourist" costume in one of the clothing vendors and a camera in the media room.   Stop by the HoP's line to get your job title changed to tour guide and you are all set!

Personally, I would meet them in Arrivals and just walk the tourists around the main parts of the ship, explaining the general responsibilities of each department.   If you want to spice things up (and the station isn't currently on red alert), you could message the head of each dept for permission to come inside for a brief tour.  Be polite and don't push if they decline to provide access.   Chances are good that some people will be happy to play along if you keep things fun and interesting.

If possible, I would also make sure that the new players know how to use LOOC and mentorhelp to request help or advice with in-game issues.  This is super useful information to have. 

Good luck and I hope your have a nice tour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use