Botany Question - Plant Nutrition

destinycall

I have a few questions about plants and nutrition.    I looked through the wiki, but couldn't find answers to all my questions.

Many plant ingredients used in food preparation contain plant-matter and vitamins.  Apparently vitamins have some healing benefit when eaten.  What about plant-matter?   Is it important?   Would it be better to increase or decrease this value in some plants?  What does it do, if anything?

What about nutriment and protein? Do these chemicals have a healing benefit or help with nutrition?   If so, how?

I know you can eat too much sugar, but can you "overdose" on plant-matter, vitamins, protein, or nutriment?  

What do you like to add/remove when making "super crops" for the chef?

It's all just various flavors of nutriment. It's possible for a humanoid to only be able to get nutrition from one kind (like no nutrition from plant matter for carnivores) though I'm fairly certain this feature is not currently in use. You can't overdose on nutriment you'll just get fat. It doesn't do anything notable for the food made from it as far as I know.

Nutriment is essentially the base food chem. Pretty filling, easily available from most plants, and heals a tiny bit of brute too.

Vitamins are both one of the most filling chems available, and heal a little bit of brute and burn. Weirdly it also has a cap on how fat you can get off it, but I don't think it's relevant anymore. I believe how "Obesity" worked changed a few years back.

Plant-matter doesn't actually fill you up at all. As a botanist, it's mostly used for the Biogenerator. The more plant-matter a plant has (watermelon having the most), the more biomass you get per plant in the biogenerator.

Protein is just the carnivore version of Plant-matter. As Woje said, the Carnivore/Herbivore feature isn't implemented, so Protein doesn't actually do anything.

None of these can be overdosed, unless you consider being chubby an overdose.

As for super-crops for the chef, I'm not 100% how it works.
I've heard of chefs accidentally poisoning food because they used a batch of rice the botanists didn't make for consumption purposes. I also know that it's important to remove the Space Drugs from Ambrosia Deus if the chef wants to make food with it.
But I believe it only works for dishes that use the actual plant whole.
Plants that are grinded/juiced, such as Wheat or Corn, won't benefit from super crops. These plants are grinded to create a specific chem (Flour and Corn Oil). Any other chems you add to these plants are just gonna fill the grinder up with extra garbage.

Edited by Pckables

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use