Isit

Admin(s) Key: LightFire53

Your ckey: tdkod

Date(s) of incident :

6th of September, 2021

23:00-00:00 GMT+3

Nature of complaint:

Misapplication of rules, feedback, other

Brief description: Involvement of an admin into IC situations, which lead to an even further involvement of an admin.

I do understand that administrating is hard, and especially when there are so many people on the server. The constant flow of logs and texts is immense and there is practically no way to check who is lying or not, BUT - if you do not know the whole situation - do not get involved into it, take your time and investigate the matter before jumping in. It was not a matter of life and death, and you can always punish later.

Full description of events:

I was patrolling with another security officer Xavier. During our patrol, in the hallway, Xavier slipped on a wet floor, and the riot shield he was holding fell out of his hands. Instantly one of the crew members grabbed the shield and ran into the maintenance tunnels. We had to chase them, and at some point, we got separated, but both in the end followed the thief and met near xenobiology tunnels.

When I saw my partner, again, he already has caught the suspect cuffed them and retrieved the shield from them. After just a few moments of our "reunion" with the teammate, he suddenly fell and went SSD. 

According to the rules, nobody is allowed to do anything with him at this point, but IC-wise, I could not just say "Ah, the gods protect him and his equipment, nobody will take his stuff" and leave my patrol buddy laying there sleeping.

Plus my bag and hands were full, so I would not be able to grab equipment that fell from his hands, and since it was not on his body now, I do not know if it would show to admins as a log warning that someone is stealing from an SSD person. 

So, absolutely IC logically, I decided to stay near the body of my SSD comrade and call for a backup to pick him up. Especially since HoS ordered to move only in pairs. 

After calling once, AI answered and asked to turn on trackers (They were already turned on, so I confirmed it and waited for help)

No help arrived, and I have called again. Ignored.

At this point, the detained criminal started to yell in the headcoms, afraid that it would bring unnecessary commotion and that I will be ambushed alone in the maintenance I removed his headset. 

Yes, this is against SOP, yes I admit that this is wrong and I've made a mistake, but:

1. It was IC-wise, dictated by the dangerous situation, red code, and the narrative. It was tense, I had just arrived at the station and already HoS allowed the usage of LETHAL force during the patrol, and here I am, perhaps lured into an ambush in the maintenance by the changeling or a vampire. (The threat was already known to us)

2. (After removal of the headset) Even the little time he spent talking in comms, already his friend or partner Judy Wolf came to the scene, refused to step away from the body of another officer, and alongside the detained crewmember started shitting on me and attempting to get closer to his buddy (to either put on a headset, or remove headcuffs). Unfortunately, I do not have the logs for this part, since I saved them at the end of the round, but admins surely can check if my claims are true. Despite the provocative behavior, I did not do anything to the suspect, nor to his friend.

3. At last, after constantly asking for help, one of the security officers came and we were able to go to the brig.

Now the next part:

The admin dms me about the headset removal, saying that it is against SoP etc. This is pretty crucial, because I had to chat with the admin, the pod pilot began to process the detained person instead of me.

Now, about that admin dm:

The first part of the conversation was not saved by me, since as I said earlier, I have saved the logs at the end of the round.

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: Right, but if an office is SSD, they are protected by the rules from messing with. In addition, it's also unlawful to remove someone's headset during an arrest. Just in the future, keep the headset on them. 

PM to-LightFire53: It was a very ambush like situation  

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: If you are concerned about being ambushed, you could move them to a more public area while you were waiting  

PM to-LightFire53: I could not! My teammate was downed as I said

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: And as I had mentioned, server rules protected them from being messed with. 

PM to-LightFire53: OOC wise yes, but IC wise I don't know that

PM to-LightFire53: I understand, it is just since he started using it to make a commotion in the channel I removed it so I could wait for a backup 

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: To which I'm saying shouldn't be done again. That's it. 

PM to-LightFire53: Won't do

I broke the SoP IC, okay. There are IAAs, there is a magistrate, the detained guy can easily tell the magistrate about it (which he did later, by the way) and I would be punished (or maybe not!). Let's please not forget, that even the wiki states: 

"In addition, blindly following the letter of SOP while ignoring the context of the shift is a ridiculously bad idea. SOP is malleable if the situation requires it, and the general well-being and proper functioning of the crew and station should not be sacrificed for the sake of rigorous adherence of SOP. Remember, context is king." 

The removal of the headset from a criminal, during the red alert, in the maintenance, with a downed (IC-wise) teammate, while there are vampires and changelings on board is quite justified (or maybe not, if the court decides so)

The question is - why the heck admin contacts me about an IC situation and lectures me? Did I break any server rules? No. Then why? Are space law and sop now official server rules? Was it unlawful? Yes, but there are plenty of unlawful situations in real life, plenty of such situations happened to me during other rounds too, when security unlawfully jailed me, ESPECIALLY during the red code. Why no admin came back then and told them "Ayaya, this is bad"? Because it is obviously an IC situation, and you should try to resolve it in IC, corrupted cops are a thing, unprofessional cops are a thing, nervous cops are a thing. Just imagine depicting a suspicious guy, yelling at the cop while approaching them, all while the cop detains someone who stole police equipment. What do you think would happen in real life? They would not be so "calm" as me, standing there and allowing them to do what they want, but rather point a gun at them and maybe even taser them.

This plays a big role in my complaint, because during the round, there were IC sop related situations towards me too, and if earlier I would not think about it, now, because of the involvement of an admin I was constantly unsure where is the border between breaking SoP and breaking server rules (despite me unable to find anything related to such thing).

While I was busy with the admin, the pilot found ammo in the detained guy's backpack, at this point I thought that the case was sealed - the guy stole a riot shield and now there is contraband in his bag. So I return to my chat with admin, say that "I won't remove headsets again" aaaaand

I find that the pilot released the detained guy and set him free!

I've tried to find the pilot, asking for him on comms, but got ignored. 

So how does it looks to me in IC:

A thief with a contraband was released by a pilot and now the pilot is gone/ignores me.

During that time, the suspect also accused me of stealing his PDA and ID, which I never did, but since I was busy talking to the admin, I didn't really notice it, until one of my colleagues directly told me that magistrate is asking me. Of course I did not take anything. (Later it was revealed, that guy hid ID in his PDA and hid PDA in either one of the boxes or his backpacks.) 

[Security] [Magistrate] Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Do you havvvve Jazson'zzz ID and PDA." 

[Security] [Security Officer] Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "He had no ID when my partner detained him"

[Security] [Magistrate] Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "Then where'z their PDA, Bizzszlich?"

I found Magi with a detained suspect, explained the story. The guy was obviously lying during even this conversation.

Example of a contradiction:

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "refused to stop"

Jason Jedd says, "And didnt refuse to stop"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "I arrived"

Jason Jedd says, "Because you didnt talk" 

Here, the suspect basically admits that he did indeed ran away after stealing the shield but did not stop because was not asked to, later he will claim that he "stood and spun around"

Keep in mind, that Magistrate never was with us, so he could not see our maintenance chase, but from this simple thing, he could at least try to believe security and investigate, perhaps invite the officer who came for help to the maintenance, rather than simply let the suspect go.

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "Okay well, did he run off with the zzzhield, Bizlich?"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch shouts, "YES!"

Jason Jedd says, "Nope, we stood there" 

Even a bit of an investigation could easily prove that the guy is lying, if he stood in the hallway with the shield, how did we end up in the maintenance where another officer picked us up? But magistrate, showing either laziness, incompetence or simply because he befriended the guy, says:

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "He ran into maintance with the shield until Xavier got him in there"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Thiz iz zeeming to me like more and more of a wazte of time."

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Zso, I'm juzst going to zsay that I don't havve enough evvidence of thizs happening to givvve a vvverdict to you Bizzszlich. 

So let me sum this up.

During code red, an officer can not arrest a theft without having 100500+ witnesses to prove it, despite the guy lying on many occasions, hiding PDA but claiming otherwise and having contraband on them. 

And meanwhile, I am being bugged by the admin for taking off his headset. 

But then I remembered that the confiscated ammo was still in the evidence locker, brought it and Magistrate gave me some hope: 

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Magi"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "Yeah?"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "One more thing"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "During detention"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "We searched him"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "And confiscated ammo"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Which is contraband"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "That it izzsz."

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan clacks her mandibles.

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "However, despite this, the pilot released him"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Despite being the one who found this contraband" 

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "While I was tending to my SSD comrade" 

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "I'll havvvve a talk with the pilot then."

After finally finding the pilot, I asked him why did he release the suspect: 

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Pilot"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Explain please"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Why did you let the guy with ammo in his bag"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "And who stole riot shield"

Skeksis says, "Because two of you held him in security i" ←----- I did not cut anything

Since this answer was absurd, or maybe unfinished, or bugged, I followed him and asked again, only to be shot, mocked, and ignored, pilot then ran away:

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Explain"

Skeksis fires the hybrid taser!

Your armor softens the blow!

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch is hit by an electrode in the chest!

Skeksis says, "Shut up"

Skeksis has thrown the hybrid taser.

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch stammers, "I j-jus-s b-br-rough-ht-t h-hi"

[Security] [Security Officer] Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Pilot attacked me"

[Security] [Security Pod Pilot] Skeksis says, "Yaya court martial vox" 

Where was the admin during that encounter? Isn't it worse than taking off a headset from a criminal? I guess not. 

Figuring, that I have to end this bullshit, I went to the detective: 

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch asks, "Can you scan something?"

Colt B. Redwood says, "Sure"

After I went to the evidence locker to retrieve the ammo again, the detective left, so I decided to wait for him near his office. 

Right at this moment, the suspect appeared before my eyes with a body bag and a security-like looking bag (it was actually explorer's bag, but in hands icon was of a security bag). 

Since it is code red, I used my right to search him 

The guy was a joker and decided to spam body bag close/open on himself, resetting the search time 

This was clearly obstructing a search, so I had to handcuff him in order to finally check what he has. He had two bags with some contraband which he claimed he was allowed to collect in order to turn it in to the security. 

I never intended to jail him for these bags! Never said that I am detaining him for these bags and never voiced any interest in doing so, on the other hand, I specifically said that I don't detain them for these bags.

At this moment detective appeared, used his scanner on the ammo that we confiscated after catching him with the shield and found only suspect's fingerprints on it: 

Colt B. Redwood says, "Hey"

Colt B. Redwood asks, "You said you needed something scanned?"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Hey"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch handed the evidence bag to Colt B. Redwood.

Colt B. Redwood puts the smoking pipe into the leather satchel.

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch asks, "Can you scan this real quick?"

Colt B. Redwood says, "Roger that"

Colt B. Redwood takes the pistol magazine (10mm) out of the evidence bag.

Colt B. Redwood puts the evidence bag into the leather satchel.

Colt B. Redwood points the forensic scanner at the pistol magazine (10mm) and performs a forensic scan.

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch tries to remove Jason Jedd's backpack. 

Colt B. Redwood says, "Has the fingerprints of Jason Jedd" 

And look who appears! 

LOOC: LightFire53: Alright, enough, 

Again, I do not understand why the admin intervened in this investigation, especially when the detective was already involved. No rules were broken, nor any laws at this moment were broken. 

from-Game AdminLightFire53: You can not continue to persecute someone after they have been sentanced. 

I wonder where was the admin when I was being shot by the pilot, and why does he again intervene into an IC situation that is purely about Space Law? 

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: In addition, someone turning in contraband cant be arrested for having said contraband. 

I was not going to arrest him for turning in the contraband, since to me it would seem actually unfair (He had indeed two bags full of contraband that he brought to turn it in, as he claims), I only wanted to arrest him for the ammo we confiscated during the riot shield theft, about which magistrate did not know when the guy was released. 

The scan from the detective was enough to prove that the contraband belonged to him even without a pilot, so I went to the magistrate and presented him with the paper. 

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "What did you arrezzszt him for thizzsz time?"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "The zzzhield, and contraband?"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "The 10mm, I zzzuppozse 

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Well, originally I detained him when I asked him for a search"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Juzzszt now."

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "And he started to hide in a body bag, not letting me to search him"

Jason Jedd says, "No, we didnt"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "Iz that what you call rezsizzszting a zzszearch?" 

So what should I say here? It is clear, that IC the bodybag spam looks absurd, since in real life you would not be able to hide in and leave the bag in a matter of a second, however OOC we all understand that it was a bodybag spam, and I game mechanically would not be able to search him while he was doing so. Magistrate's also understands this, but still says this line 

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan asks, "Iz that what you call rezsizzszting a zzszearch?"

To which I simply can not find any in character answer without bringing up the clunky mechanics of an old game.

Even the admin later admits that it was clearly resisting a search situation. 

I again attempted to explain situation to the magistrate, but he simply said: 

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "I do not care anymore, I mean."

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Zo, Bizzszlich.."

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "What we're going to do." 

Jody Wulf whispers quietly, "** **** ***** * **u** *u** le* je** go" <----- notice him, this the guy is who originally came to the maintenance and cursed at me, while I was waiting for the back up, a friend of the suspect, he clearly tells Magi what to (let jezson go), and I am standing there, seeing that the magi literally repeats after the friend of a suspect what to say, rather than investigate the case, and I simply do not understand is it corruption, incompetence or perhaps he was enthralled by a vampire?

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Izzsz let Jazson go"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "Becauze thizzsz izzz not worth my time."

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "Uh"

Krek, Noble Of Clan Tristan says, "You can let Jazzzon walk."

Jason Jedd says, "Thanks magi"

Bislichsamischt Tutbaramtechentch says, "I am speechless" 

So during code red, an officer's testimony (Beware, he was caught by MY teammate, so I am actually a witness), that the guy stole equipment from the officer and ran away and a forensic proves that he also had contraband on him during that WAS NOT ENOUGH FOR THE MAGISTRATE (unless he was enthralled, but then, why admin later prohibits me to retaliate?). I am left speechless, since at this point I was shitted by everyone during this round and ignored by others, while a single removal of the headset instantly made the admin lecture me.

So I ask the same admin who scolded me for an IC violation: 

Adminhelp: Can I do a dirty cop on him at this point? 

I am angry in IC and I am starting to get angry OOC at this point. If everyone is allowed to do whatever they want with me in IC, why can't I do a thing? It is IC, after all. 

Finally, admin breaks me by writing this: 

dminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: I'm currently unimpressed by your performance already. The magistrate has the final say. 

Am I a pet in the zoo to impress him? What is this tone? Am I here to amuse him? Where was he when I was shot by the pilot? Wasn't it sop breaking? When was he when the Magistrate constantly ignored me and said "I don't care"?

Magistrate's final say? Maybe Jude Wolf's a guy without ID who was standing near the magistrate's say? What is this mixing of IC and OOC rules?!  The only good explanation would be, if pilot and magistrate are antags, but then, the whole situation would be antagonistic related and admins involvement with constantly prohibiting me to do an investigation is even more absurd.

So at this point, I admit, I went completely mad, this tone, as if I was some kind of a peasant to him, while he was overwatching me, but closing eyes on others, plus accusations, has driven me insane.

In an aggressive tone, I attempted to protect my "dignity" and ask, why the heck admin harshly DMs me when I break SoP just a bit, but closes his eyes on everything else, while daring to accuse me, without investigating the matter.

During our dialogue, I tried to argue about IC, OOC, Magistrate and other matters, however, for defending myself, I was threatened to be job banned: 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I don't really care if you impressed or not. I know that he has the final say (WINDOW)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: It is just that I am bound OOC and IC, while they do whatever they want (WINDOW)

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: Magistrate is in fact, under harsher restrictions than you are. The security position is to uphold the law, the magistrate is to ensure it's being done correctly. 

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: From an OOC perspective, the magistrate is still correct when it comes to this round of contraband. If they had already issued a statment before regarding the ammo while they had the shield, then that statement still applies.  (There was no statement regarding the ammo, only regarding the riot shield, my dialoguea with the magistrate above proves it)

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: You can't keep persuing the player to press charges on something already sentanced. 

(There was no sentence about ammo, I was not perusing him before I get the evidence, he just happened to come with huge bags and resist the search)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: Yea, so it is very much in law, when someone steals from an officer, then ammo found on them during search, then the pilot lets them go, does not elaborate, shoots you with taser and you can not do a thing (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: HE WAS NEVER SENTENCED (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: Did the magistrate give any sort of ruling before hand? (Yes he did, that I do not have enough evidence that he stole the shield, but he will have to talk to the pilot about ammo)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I even brought detective to check if the ammo actually was in his possesion and it proved it (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: He let him go with the shield, since nobody can prove that he stole it. With ammo, I told him that he had on it, he asked for proofs (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: And when I finally got it, he was "you know, I don't care, let him go" (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: But before you had proof, you went and arrested the player, got the proof, and then presented it? 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I detained him, and NOT for ammo (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I asked for a search, he started spamming open/close body bag on himself, resetting the timer (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: So I had to handcuff him to finally search him. Then detective came exactly at this moment with proofs (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp from-Game AdminLightFire53: Then unfortunately, the magistrate has made their call on the entire thing. Means that it gets to be dropped. It's fine to cuff since they were uncooperative, however it seems to be a grudge, the fact that you kept shadowing the player and tried to search again while evidence/proof was coming together 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: The body bag thing is OOC spam wise, I could not explain it to magi IC because of it (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I DID NOT SHADOW HIM (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I was near detective office and he was near with a bag looking like security one (actually was explorer bag) (WINDOW) 

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I asked for a search, he started bag spamming to avoid it, that is all (WINDOW)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: Then magi resolved it, I dropped it, but it is grudge at this point of course. (WINDOW)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: But I just do not understand at this point, why when I am the one being detained, security officer testimony is enough, even if it is blue. When on code red, a guy steals a shield from a fallen officer, I have to "prove" something.

Should have killed them instead.

I find this very humiliating and rude, especially since I did not break any server rules, and the only "bad" thing that happened is me breaking the SoP under very questionable circumstances, during red alert. 

Bear in mind, I just gave up on the round completely at this point and ditched all the equipment into armory, unable to continue playing, now I was pressed by the admin. 

I must admit - Yes, I am pretty short-tempered, but never ever did I even harm someone during this round, nor did I retaliate to the constantly mocking me suspect, shooting and swearing at me pilot or one of the suspect's friends. On the other hand, I was ignored and cursed by others, and in the end, accused and threatened by the admin. 

So yes, I know that my behavior and the language I used were not acceptable, but do understand that it is impossible to not feel agitated at this point.

This complaint is NOT about the player who played the suspect, NOT the magistrate who did not want to investigate the matter, but specifically about the admin.

I find that his first involvement in the matter RUINED the round completely, their unnecessary involvement in a purely IC matter did not allow me to process the suspect, which started this chain reaction of lies and playing hide and seek, even if they only wanted to help or guide me.

The admin ruined it even further when they again and again came and intervened into the game process, purely IC one. I don't care what the guy wrote into ahelp to make admin think so, they should have first investigated the matter rather than accuse me and write their "unimpressed with you" message. 

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: If you are going to argue about this, I will be throwing a job ban from security roles. You action of headset was something I addressed, from there the other admin concerns were what looked like you were arresting for contraband they were turning in, and what looked like it could be a grudge from actions before. 

PM to-LightFire53: The friendo of his who came into a crime scene during red, screamed slurs at me when I asked him to step away from the body of my teammate (WINDOW) 

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: In addition, as you said, they were SSD. Not dead.

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: SSD is an in game term, and has in game stuff tied to it. 

PM to-LightFire53: You figured out it is not like that, check logs or something else to see if I am lying

PM to-LightFire53: I do know, that there is a thin border between OOC and IC, I can not say "ah right, you can be near his guns because he is SSD and this is not allowed" (WINDOW) 

PM to-LightFire53: As an admin, you perfectly know that it would be OOC in IC behavior and even meta (WINDOW) 

PM from-Game AdminLightFire53: As admin, I'm also well aware people would also say the gods would be unhappy if you messed with them. (I roleplay as I see fit, I decided that using hidden OOC messages in IC is ruining and waiting for the backup is much better rather than doing something like this.)

PM to-LightFire53: You have logs and everything. You are actually the one 'having a grudge" it seems, since you investigate others ahelp claims, without checking if they are actually true (WINDOW)

PM to-LightFire53: Even after I explained it to you

I am not afraid to admit my mistakes if I do them, I had situations where I was in the wrong and I did apologize for my words. 

I, however, also do not want to stand that kind of a tone and prejudice, and certainly not that much of involvement. In this whole round, I did not harm, kill, or even jail even once, and yet I was treated like a griefer and a criminal, rather than a player. The endgame discussion was very rude from my side, so I apologize for it, but you should understand that I can not not feel emotions at all, especially while being threatened. 

I do not ask for any "punishments" (However I doubt you will even consider it, but most likely punish me instead for God knows what). I just want an explanation, because this IC/OOC merging is too absurd to play the game.

Edited by Isit
  • Like 2
  • eyes 2
  • explodyparrot 1
  • dead 1

Admin's version of events: This incident was kicked off by an adminhelp from a player who said that they were cuffed, ignored, and had their headset removed from a security officer. Looking into the situation, it seemed to be a case of information the officer had vs. what had actually occurred. As a result, I talked only about the removal of the headset, and that should be avoided, which ended the conversation with you.

From there, I had then talked with the player previously mentioned about what happened, and explaining why such actions may have taken place. During this, I assume you had your altercation with the other officer. Since there was no ahelp about it, I plead innocence to not being omniscient. As a result, I had no information or any awareness of what was occurring since I can only be at one place at a time, and it wasn't with you. 

When I had just finished talking with the player and started to walk away (for the first time of many, many times) to grab food, I received another PM from them, saying that you were once again performing a random search, in addition to lying as a mindshielded personnel. It looked like, from my perspective that you had shadowed them, and were making use of the code red to perform another search. Considering what had transpired earlier between you and them, and that you were unhappy about it, I had fears it was a grudge. As a result, I watched what was happening. From my perspective, you had cuffed them outside the magistrate's office, dragged them to the detective's office to grab a scanner report, and then marched them into security for the exact same charges that you had done before. As a result, when you dragged them further into the evidence storage, I sent the LOOC message to cease.

From there, a misunderstanding took place, and you informed me (in a semi-agressive tone that you later admitted to, including here) that you were pressing the same charges due to the actions of the pod pilot letting them go, which again had still not been reported as of the time. I explained that you can't press charges for the same crime that was already sentenced, where you said the pod pilot let them go. I asked if the magistrate was involved in it, and you said that they dismissed it. When further prompted into what happened, you had explained that the player was not being overly cooperative by using the body bag as a locker/way to stop the search, to which I said it was fair game to then put them in cuffs for it.

At this point, you had also sent the message, while in the armoury.

4 hours ago, Isit said:

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: But I just do not understand at this point, why when I am the one being detained, security officer testimony is enough, even if it is blue. When on code red, a guy steals a shield from a fallen officer, I have to "prove" something.

The only possible reason that I could see you being in the armoury, clearly in a pissed off state, was to grab a gun and take matters into your own hands. That is where I stated I was starting to be unimpressed with your performance, because as stated in our server rules (albeit in the advanced rules): Command and Security both have the ability to affect other players rounds highly, either through SoP or Space Law. Good knowledge and respect of the RP environment is required to not ruin the game for others.

From there, we began to chase each other around in circular arguments again and again, even going back to the previous incident involving the headset. I mentioned at one point any other admin would have applied a job ban at this point against any other player, as you were really, really wearing down my nerves over arguing about a silly incident involving a headset, and what had initially looked like grudging. I even broke down into 3 easy points what OOC actions were looked into: 

1. The headset, which was addressed
  2. A case of meta/grudge, which was not the case
  3. A case of charging for the same crimes, which was again not the case.

We even went back to talking about how SSD is apparently an OOC only thing, and that your character wouldn't know what to do about it. This is a Medium Roleplay server, with in game messages that tell you if a player is SSD. It's to be expected that, more or less, everyone would know about the dangers, consequences, and how to act in case of the Sudden Sleep Disorder.

To cap things off, since I made my points and you kept prompting, I stopped providing a response, because at that point I had been trying for about an hour to go and actually grab the food I had been really, really needing. You finalized with PMs saying how i was the one holding a grudge, and how you wanted to talk it over on the forums, to which I shall always invite.

Admin's reasoning for actions: I'm not omniscient, nor do I have a desire to be. Having you tell me to log dive in the middle of a currently active round while maintaining communications with you was not something I was interested in doing, since every other admin interaction I have with someone does not require me to go delving into the depths of the back end to get clear answers.

Acknowledgement of wrongdoing or disputing of: I regret that once again, I'm not omniscient, and as a result wasn't there for your previous incident, and as a result from talking with the other player (and not watching what was happening behind a full screen window), I missed that the pod pilot more or less relieved them of charges; I had assumed that had come from someone who had the authority to do so.

To cap off on your closing notes: "I, however, also do not want to stand that kind of a tone and prejudice, and certainly not that much of involvement."
You are a player who was objectively in the wrong before, only has a total of 27 hours of play, 3 of those in security. From previous actions you had taken, I had not had high hopes from giving such an aggressive standpoint.

4 hours ago, Isit said:

I do not ask for any "punishments" (However I doubt you will even consider it, but most likely punish me instead for God knows what).

It is unfortunate, as well as unprecedented, that you think that we would dish punishment after you make a complaint.

"This incident was kicked off by an adminhelp from a player who said that they were cuffed, ignored, and had their headset removed from a security officer. Looking into the situation, it seemed to be a case of information the officer had vs. what had actually occurred. As a result, I talked only about the removal of the headset, and that should be avoided, which ended the conversation with you."

As I've stated above:

If you do not know the whole situation - do not get involved in it, take your time and investigate the matter before jumping in.

With your reply, you ignored the citation of the wiki page:

"In addition, blindly following the letter of SOP while ignoring the context of the shift is a ridiculously bad idea. SOP is malleable if the situation requires it, and the general well-being and proper functioning of the crew and station should not be sacrificed for the sake of rigorous adherence of SOP. Remember, context is king." 

And proceeded to talk about why you got involved, while ignoring my complaint - Why did you even get involved into an IC situation, when you figured out it has nothing to do with breaking the rules? Removing the headset is unlawful (but not on every occasion) but it is not server rule breaking and you should not get involved and order me what to do or what not to do. Especially since there are plenty of IAAs and the magistrate to deal with it.

So I repeat my question again Why did you get involved in the first place? You investigated ahelp, found that it is an IC situation, but instead of simply observing, you scolded me in DMs about a pretty justified IC confrontation, becoming the reason of the commotion.

When I had just finished talking with the player and started to walk away (for the first time of many, many times) to grab food, I received another PM from them, saying that you were once again performing a random search.

First of all - this is a lie.

The amount of time that has passed between the random search and the orginal headset confrontation was… 45 minutes!

Unless you decided to have a chit-chat with a guy whom I did not even physically touch in the next 40 minutes after he was released, there is no way that it happened the same moment the other discussion ended.

This is either a deliberate lie to over exaggerate it, or you simply can not remember what actually has happened.

"in addition to lying as a mindshielded personnel"

Which you know is not true, from your perspective of an admin, since never in this confrontation I lied, but only acted according to what I and my character knew and saw.

As a result, I watched what was happening. From my perspective, you had cuffed them outside the magistrate's office, dragged them to the detective's office to grab a scanner report, and then marched them into security for the exact same charges that you had done before. 

This is a lie again. I never took him to the detective, on the other hand he was standing at the same place where I handcuffed him during search and the detective by himself approached me already with a scanner. I did not move an inch from the place near the magistrate's office, busy checking his bags. Only when the detective approached me, scanned the evidence and confirmed that it is indeed his, I proceeded to bring him to brig in search of a magistrate to finally close the case and to ditch off bags with contraband he brought. Let me remind you, the ammo confiscation was still an OPEN case, since the pilot was not cooperative to give his testimony.

All this "you dragged him to the detective office to grab a scanner" is a pure fantasy of yours.

At this point, you had also sent the message, while in the armoury.

6 hours ago, Isit said:

This is a LIE again, at the moment of the message, I actually returned ALL the equipment, even the most basic one into the armory, if to be more specific I returned the last part of a equipment during this message:

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: I don't really care if you impressed or not. I know that he has the final say (WINDOW)

Adminhelp to-LightFire53: It is just that I bound OOC and IC, while they do whatever they want (WINDOW)

You kick the rack. ←----- me accidentally kicking the rack while putting armour on it

Which was written… almost 7 minutes before the "should have killed them" statement, with me already standing in nothing but an uniform and not in the armory.

The fact that you are attempting to bend the truth only shows that you actually understand that you were wrong, but do not want to admit it.

In addition to this, as I have stated before, I did not break any server rule at this point, nor actually killed anyone. Saying "I should have" does not apply that "I will go and kill them", especially when I willingly, all by myself returned all the security equipment beforehand. 

You are just trying to justify you threatening me with a jobban, despite me not actually breaking any rules. Even the headset is a very debatable thing.

"To cap off on your closing notes: "I, however, also do not want to stand that kind of a tone and prejudice, and certainly not that much of involvement."

You are a player who was objectively in the wrong before, only has a total of 27 hours of play, 3 of those in security. From previous actions you had taken, I had not had high hopes from giving such an aggressive standpoint."

Now, you bringing this up, does not prove anything, rather than show me that you actually have even more prejudice towards me.

I actually played on many servers before, including paradise, and even remember a few resets. I also played security much more, and even know the space law almost by heart. (But not perfectly, as I admitted to it during our conversation)

To be in particular, it has been at least 7 years since I first played on the paradise station.  (Or maybe a bit less, I can not remember what have happened so long ago and am judging only by using few of saved gameplay videos I have during that period.)

So your attempts to appeal to my "playtime" is absolutely hilarious and doesn't have anything to do with the case, aside from proving my point.

Now I must admit, I am far from a perfect player, nobody is. But when I do mistakes, I admit them and apologize for them, acknowledge them and try to improve. However, this situation is not one of such cases.

I also refuse to admit that I was wrong in any way aside from taking off the headset. On the other hand, it was you who got involved and made the situation worse, by listening to a player without checking their claims and you yourself admitted that all the situations were but a bogus, misunderstanding and misrepresentation of facts:

The headset, which was addressed.

Which was the IC situation and should not been addressed in the first place. You are to uphold the server rules, not SoP, nor Space Law, unless magistrate and command are proven to be unable to do so.

A case of meta/grudge, which was not the case. 

Which was you believing a player without investigating first, jumping in with your conclusions and accusations, again rendering me unable to act and speak properly, forced to chat with you in PMs.

A case of charging for the same crimes, which was again not the case.

Which is another proof of me being innocent and you jumping into IC without checking anything. Especially when there is literally the magistrate right near me and I am talking to him about the situation, with him able to decide if I should be punished or not. You literally had NO REASON to get involved into this RP where the competent supervisor is already discussing the matter with me.

I also like how you ignored the fact, that the pilot refused to explain the reason why he has let free a criminal and literally shot me with taser, before running away, which made me even more suspicious of what is happening with this case. You did not even address this in your reply here too, same as you did not address that I HEARED the magistrate take orders from a random crew member without an ID, raising my suspicion of them being, perhaps, a changeling.

All this situation still, no matter what, does not have anything to do with you. Nobody was hit, hurt, killed or jailed, the whole investigation happened because of your involvement in the first place, I do not know why you decided to uphold SoP during an IC situation as well why you believed another player without confirming the facts first. Your involvement was unnecessary in the first place, and caused it all.

It is unfortunate, as well as unprecedented, that you think that we would dish punishment after you make a complaint

It is a proper expectation, after I was threatened by you to be jobbaned for arguing back that I did nothing wrong.

Edited by Isit

Hi there.

I've just read 15 pages of forum posts, followed by ~30 page of our resident log bot @Abydos's investigation into what the hell actually went on here. I'm going to make this as short and snappy as possible after all that...which is going to be difficult.

First of all I want to say this was an incredibly frustrating and bullshit situation you were thrown into, and I don't blame you for getting angry about this. Having this many lies spread about your actions and people not believing you would frustrate the hell out of even the most veteran security player out there. It took extensive reading of logs to see what actually happened here.

@LightFire53 was correct in that you shouldn't have stripped the headset - that should be reserved only for direct threats, such as "fellow syndicate come break me out". Minor thing, no big deal, don't worry about it. It's a minor point of SoP honestly. Lightfire was right to remind you of that - it's a really frustrating thing to get your headset stripped, and is often a prelude to being murdered. 

Lightfire missed a lot, and I can't fault him there at all - there is a hell of a lot to go over here, and it can't be easily done in game while the round is flowing, especially on an empty stomach! Admins in game are human after all, and have limited time to review things. Had you communicated everything in a calmer manner I think it would have gone smoother - but considering the absolute bullshit there, I don't blame you for getting worked up. It took multiple admins and a few hours to resolve this all.

The level of greytiding and lying about the situation to other security you were in has resulting in harsh administrative action for the player in question, who was very liberal with the truth...to say the least. There was some clear OOC bias towards his player, and had anyone taken the time to stop and listen to what you said, this would have gone much, much better. The magistrate should have listened to you - it is clear he stole security items, was in possession of contraband, and resisting a search. The logs have shown the PDA was not taken by you, but by the same security officer who grabbed the ammo. I've talked to them, and they were very confused and getting false information, on top of other stresses in the round unrelated to your action.

Please in future remember admins don't have all the information, and to try to keep calm while you explain things - if you tell an admin you're going to take a minute or 5 to grab a glass of water/beer/smoke/whatever to get yourself together, they'll respect you a hell of a lot. Everyone here was pretty stressed out and overwhelmed, and this made things worse and worse. In the end, the person at fault for this was the person who committed multiple crimes then lied repeatedly about them.

I'm happy to consider this resolved - @LightFire53 was in the right do at the way he did with the information he had at the time. Other players - including yourself - were overwhelmed and stressed. The criminal in question was intentionally frustrating you and breaking server rules to do so, and has had administrative action applied.

Thanks for posting this, and I'm sorry about this whole situation happening. Multiple admins have expressed their disgust at the way you were treated, and think you did very well given the circumstances. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Oh and just to add this in again - @Abydos's work to bring me 30+ pages of logs (including summaries and maps of the locations things happened) is hugely appreciated here. It is because of his hard work people have seen your side of the story and believe you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use