Nukies Nerf

ProYo

To me, it seems nukies are WAY too overpowered.  One nukie can take down a literal metric ton of people.  Heck I have even seen one nukie drop a HOS in his hardsuit (me) with a few bullets into critical condition.  It is just far too overpowered.  Or maybe it isn't?  I haven't tried balancing a single thing in my life so maybe it does work this way and I am just not seeing the big picture.

In a 1 on 1 with a nukie, the nukie should win. They are a spec ops, while the crew are civilians or mall cops at most. The problem that ops have is attrition. Every bullet they spent on unrelated targets means they have less to work with on the objective. Every hitpoint they loose moves them closer to a slowdown or other problem, and needs them to either invest consumables or time to heal/push through it, and time gives the crew to coordinate and move the disk away, which means you need to fight even more.

A HoS in their hardsuit probably takes a bullet or two more to disable, but may also be easier to hit from the slowdown, or alone in space, and such they can focus on fighting them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProYo said:

To me, it seems nukies are WAY too overpowered.  One nukie can take down a literal metric ton of people.  Heck I have even seen one nukie drop a HOS in his hardsuit (me) with a few bullets into critical condition.  It is just far too overpowered.  Or maybe it isn't?  I haven't tried balancing a single thing in my life so maybe it does work this way and I am just not seeing the big picture.

One of the issues with nukies is that they have to fight a literal angry horde, often a very well armed one at that.

As such, they need to have the ability to destroy anyone 1v1. The crew has power against them through numbers.

Another thing to remember is that barely any armour available to the crew is even remotely decent at defending against physical bullets, most is geared towards lasers or melee. As such, if you are not wearing a bulletproof vest, nukie guns are gonna do a LOT of damage to you.

I hope that helps with a bit of extra context.

Edited by S34N
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use