Wizard Duel

TheYeetster

Name of Event: Wizard Duel

One Sentence Description: 2-4 Wizards in the Space Wizard Federation are up for promotion to arch mage and must duel to the death on the station.

Map Changes: No

Will this work with the standard NSS Cyberiad map. Just remember that anything requiring mapping changes is unlikely to be organized any time soon.

Code Changes: No

Will this work with the standard Paracode base. Again, anything requiring coding changes is a long way off.

It should be, if it is not I can make a wizard subtype. Or parts of this event could be changed.

Suggested Number of Players: HighPop Extended/ Cult Extended, can likely be done in the last 30-45 minutes of a round

Full Description of Event:

Its a tradition as old as time, the previous Arch mage has retired/died/been assiasinated and its time to select a new one. As the Space Wizard Charter Scroll reads, When a new Arch Mage must be selected, all contenders for the seat will duel to the death!  The previous Arch Mage, Otto BillyBonk declared in his will that the duel shall occur on the Nanotrasen Space Station NSS Cyberiad, for the hostile environment of the Cyberiad will prove to be a great arena!

"I want my successor to be strong! If my successor can beat the other wizards and contend with the Cyberiad, they have earned their place as Arch Mage." - Excerpt from Otto Billybonk's will

Couple Considerations:

• Consider if Wizards should be able to use wizard apprentices, or slaughter/laughter demons. 
  • As these are higher ranked wizards(and it being late game with R&D being maxed out + Fighting up to 3 other wizards) Consider giving them a few more spell points, and any other items/bonuses the game admin sees as necessary

Couple ideas for bonuses

traitor items, no slips, more spell points, extra wands, etc.

Announcement from the Space Wizard Federation:

It is with heavy heart we inform you the Arch Mage Otto Billybonk has died. As per tradition the next Arch Mage will be selected by dueling the other contending wizards to the death. Arch Mage Otto, named the Cyberiad in his will as the arena for this selection process. He knows you will provide great challenge for these contenders, and he only wants the best to lead the Space Wizard Federation. Thank you.

Objectives:

1. Kill the other wizards competing for the Arch Mage Position.
  2. Survive

P.S.

If you do this event, PM me on discord The Yeetster#6769 , I want to watch the game to see how it works, or If I miss it, make a reply to this thread and tell me how it went. The Name Otto Billybonk is from a D&D campaign I'm in, its my friends Gnomish Wizard Character, picture of him

Otto_Billybonk.png

That sounds like a lot of fun.  I've never played as a wizard, but I would like to.    A wizard mid-round or extended event would open up that possibility for more players. 

And make for some interesting experiences as the wizards duel with each other.

So ragin, but the wizards aren't friends? Sounds kinda cool depending on which spells they get. I think it would be wise to restrict certain instakill stuff.

29 minutes ago, destinycall said:

Ambitious wizards don't have friends.  They have familiars and subordinates.

How come magical girls always beat everyone with the power of friendship then? Checkmate.

All I can say is that there are plenty of magical girls out there, but I can't think of any Arch Mages that are also magical girls.

Although now that I think about it, if someone made an anime about an overly-ambitious magical girl on a mission to defeat her rivals and become the next Arch Mage, I would totally watch it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use