Add Action buttons to Space Pods

TheYeetster

Space pods are not very intuitive, and other servers have action buttons for firing weapons, locking/unlocking doors, opening/shutting pod bay shutters etc.

Shouldn't have to have the space pod tab open to do space pod stuff.

159875077_spacepod.png.2e78c3a84a05b9bea5579da2d3dcd808.png

1:30am, will make this a nicer suggestion in morning, am tired+college

• Like 1

Our pods right now are like, copypasted mech code. They really could use work in general, they're fun in principle, but ultimately extremely clunky things.

Pods could do with a major overhaul, quite frankly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Generaldonothing said:

Pods are really just weird mechs right now, I am in fully support of a total rework. 

I'm fairly sure they're actually subtypes of mechas in code, so you're dead on there.

One thing you CAN presently do is make custom keyboard macros using the macro system. This is the ONLY thing I have ever felt comfortable binding to a macro that's not an emote of some sort.

I do agree though, pods could use an overhaul.

22 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

I'm fairly sure they're actually subtypes of mechas in code, so you're dead on there.

1 hour ago, Generaldonothing said:

Pods are really just weird mechs right now, I am in fully support of a total rework. 

They are not subtypes of mechs, but they really fucking should be.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

I thought mech code itself was also bad tho

As far as I know the situation is that they have. Literally the same code. But they are not subtypes it's just copy pasted lmao.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use