Code of Conduct clarification suggestion

SabreML

Since the new github code of conduct was put into place, a few people (myself included) have had to be reminded of this part specifically, multiple times in some cases:

It is expected that contributors discuss larger design changes on the forums prior to coding a Pull Request. The amount of time spent on any given Pull Request is not relevant. Maintainers are not responsible for contributors wasting their time creating features nobody asked for.

This is a pretty clear instruction for large feature and balance PRs, but the line at which something stops being a “design” change seems to vary from person to person.

The official stance is that refactors and backend code changes also count towards this if they’re above a certain size, so I propose that the guideline be amended slightly in order to prevent any more confusion from this:

It is expected that contributors discuss larger code or design changes on the forums prior to coding a Pull Request. The amount of time spent on any given Pull Request is not relevant. Maintainers are not responsible for contributors wasting their time creating features nobody asked for.

(Just a short suggestion since I’m dealing with vaccination side effects at the moment, I can go into more detail on this in a few days if needed.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use