Condensed combat chat feature

MisterMan

I have a bad laptop. Whenever I get hit by buckshot at close or point blank range, one very specific thing always happens, namely my game freezing, and then the chat going at mach speed with around twenty "Your armor was penetrated" and "you were hit" messages, usually resulting in me instantly losing whatever combat encounter I was in due to standing still for twenty seconds. It would be great if there was an option to reduce combat chat messages, because knowing where each individual pellet of buckshot landed and if it pierced your armor or not isn't really worth the chat flood and lag spike. 

I'm working on a replacement for the current chat UI that should allow optimize some things, including when you get a ton of messages at once

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • eyes 2

3 hours ago, dearmochi said:

I'm working on a replacement for the current chat UI that should allow optimize some things, including when you get a ton of messages at once

how are you so based mochi

12 hours ago, dearmochi said:

local coder reworks yet another major feature 

mochichat, removing all the excuses for being bald since 2021.

What will we blame next? I'm gonna blame atmos.

• dead 1

I have a bit of a problem with this. I will say that it does look really nice and has quite a bit of merit. But, I do kind of worry about something. Namely:

Fr5IdkI.png

why is this a question? This should be a statement.

:^)

1 hour ago, Spacemanspark said:

I have a bit of a problem with this. I will say that it does look really nice and has quite a bit of merit. But, I do kind of worry about something. Namely:

Fr5IdkI.png

why is this a question? This should be a statement.

:^)

Its not ticked. Therefore false.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, dearmochi said:

Oh thank GOD. I take chat logs to help remember just what happened during rounds, and the combat logs never cease to flood my chat. It's especially a problem during station biohazard rounds like blob, when the whole thing quickly becomes a red text wall. I hope the replacement you make helps with all of it! I'm definitely looking forward to what you come up with! :]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use