Make synthetic middle mouse click change timers on doors, rather than toggle bolt lights

Nerfection

This is something I've pined after whenever playing synthetics for quite a while, and something I hope would be a very easy change to make.

Most of the shortkeys for doors are great, with opening and bolting them being the most common commands.

It's a bit frustrating that the middle mouse button only turns off and on the bolt lights, which isn't something that you very often need to do as a synth, and certainly not quickly over multiple doors.

However; altering door timer safeties is something that happens alot in every round: especially around the bridge and the brig. Having middle mouse affect this command would save sooooo much time.

I hope it can be done, and done without much effort!

We did this before and it was reverted by yours truly because it was jarring. 

I use door bolt lights far more than I do timers. Most things that people want timers on them can be modified at the start of the round and left alone for the entire shift. 

Lights, however, have many, many uses; primarily in being sneaky.

Perhaps, however, we could have a thing for, say... shift + middle click? 

Edited by Spacemanspark
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

We did this before and it was reverted by yours truly because it was jarring. 

I use door bolt lights far more than I do timers. Most things that people want timers on them can be modified at the start of the round and left alone for the entire shift. 

Lights, however, have many, many uses; primarily in being sneaky.

Perhaps, however, we could have a thing for, say... shift + middle click? 

Yeah it's better not to mess with existing things if that can be avoided, but also a timer shortcut would be very handy, and I think most people use that more than bolt lights.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheYeetster said:

Woo! PR got merged, thanks everyone for the idea.

Hell yeah! It's a very nice change for sure.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use