Taping items to borgs.

MisterMan

Have you ever wanted to tape an item to a borg, but then be utterly disappointed because you couldn't?  I too have felt this disappointment, which is why we should have items able to be taped to borgs. It would allow for more interaction with borgs, such as giving them medals, and would generally be a good addition. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Krossarn said:

Tapes a note on the back of the borg.

"I am a borg, and i smell like morgue"

Sounds nice. Though, as long as they can remove the item themselves..

Nope.

Taping "Kick me" to BEEP now. True chaotic evil.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DevL said:

Taping "Kick me" to BEEP now. True chaotic evil.

It's BOOP now but dear god.

1 minute ago, Skysorrow said:

Or...or just hear me out. Just putting googly eyes on all the borgs.

I never knew I wanted this but now I don't think I can live without it.

I don't think this is a good idea.

For one, it seems like it is just gonna get used to harass borg players.

For another, the best use for it (giving a borg player a medal) is weird, because... borgs are technically property, not crew, so it would be weird to give them a medal.

I'm quite sympathetic to the idea that borgs *should be* crew, but right now I don't think they are, which would make giving them medals weird.

I can only imagine the amount of cheese one could achieve with this by taping advance release lube bombs and such to borgs.

I can't decide if I like this idea or not. I do definitely see it being abused to be a total ass, but I also can't deny it's kind of funny. Perhaps the *spin emote could be used to remove it. 

I know this is a somewhat different topic... but making borgs crew isn't particularly sensible, nor does it change anything. As well, if someone wants to pin a medal on a borg... I mean, yeah, it's weird, but it's not exactly breaking the Geneva convention, space/ time/ physics or even really SoP. There aren't any morale issues to it, either. 

• Like 2

If I can care about my car, my phone, and my computer because of the positive things they do in my life, I can pin tape a medal to a borg that saves my life or the station.

It's pretty normal. Silly, but symbolic and not at all something I'd frown upon as command.

Edited by Sonador

I mean, we could add a whitelist of what can be attached to borgs and then exclude everything that's not on there?
So like, exclude bombs, grenades, grenade casings, and other items that don't make logical sense to tape to something (i.e. beakers, glasses, flaming objects)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use