complaint against ionward

chimpothegreat

Admin(s) Key: @Ionward
Your ckey (Byond username): chimpothegreat

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 07/09/2021 at 2:28 pm

Nature of complaint: vagueness of ban, misapplication of rules

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description: in game while i was a librarian alone in the library i said "eat my brown fucking cock" i was then dmed by ionward asking "What makes you think this is something to shout at people as a librarian, or anyone for that matter?", i then replied " its funny" then he said it wasnt. after he said it wasnt i said "why isnt it" then was immediately banned until it was appealed. ionward has not provided a rule that i have broken in both appeals that i have put in. he has also lied in my latest appeal stating he requested the phrase which i dmed it to him after the fact that he closed my appeal.

Full description of events: i was a librarian completely alone in the library not a single soul in a couple hundred feet or so, i randomly said out loud "eat my brown fucking cock" which i dont see as a concern when theres nobody around. i was then dmed by ionward and we held the conversation above. from the dms i can assume that ionward was only looking through chat logs and not the context of the situation, seeing as how he stated that i was shouting it at people in the library "ADMIN: PM: Ionward/(Gemini)->Chimpothegreat/(Zaboobo): What makes you think this is something to shout at people as a librarian, or anyone for that matter?". ionward banned me off of a presumption and has been avoiding giving a conclusive reason for the ban since.

these are the dms that i have sent ionward with no response:

"in all of what i have stated did it seem that it was a lie, 1 the racist part was obviously a joke i dont see how you didnt see that, 2 there was not a single person near me within idk a few hundred feet i was a librarian and i made sure not to insult a single person. i dont care if youre racist or not i really dont, but saying that i blatantly lied about something when i was trying to be as clear as possible with how the situation went down and how the possibilities could have been there, there was no point in there in which i lied."

"where did you state that i had to give you the phrase, the only thing that you said about the rules and me not reading them which i did actually is "As you see it fit to lie, accuse me of racism with no evidence, and fail to provide the proof that you've actually read our rules in full". i even reread it because i was baffled that you lied in my appeal that you said i didnt provide it when you didnt even ask for it. i have given you proof as to what rules i did not break and how they could have been broken. im not trying to be disrespectful in these thats why im asking not demanding for an admin. if you really want the phrase here, "Sense isn't Common" i didnt read over self antagging because i didnt interact with any other player. if youve read this post "pooh sheisty". but i have read over the rules in which i deemed fit for me breaking for my reasoning, which would be rule 0, rule 2, rule 4, and rule 10. for rule 0: dont be a dick, i was alone. for rule 2: i was alone yet again and talking to myself if you were looking at my character you would have seen that. for rule 4: i cant be disrespectful to someone if they arent around me, thats counterintuitive i think. and finally rule 10: i dont understand how that would be erotic if i was alone or doing something nasty which i wasnt since i was alone. if you could state what i did and the rules i broke privately to me we could get this resolved.  id like to be able to be in the community because paradise is the best server out there. "

i understand if this can be taken the wrong way and be taken as me being angry but im trying to be respectful and try to get a reasoning out as to why i was banned. 

• clown 3
  • bap 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

All in all this is a really, really ridiculous situation. Simply not yelling about performing fellatio on your brown cock would resolve this.

Randomly talking about fellatio because 'it's funny' is not the kind of environment we want here. Yes, humour is absolutely subjective - and in this case, the admin staff are the ones who get to pick. We want a certain decorum in the server, and while we don't require you to wear a monocle and top hat, we do want people to act with a higher level of class than an imgboarder. 

All you really have to do to get unbanned is agree to act a tad bit more seriously and not be easily mistaken for a 4channer.

Explanation given, complaint resolved.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use