On the topic of robotics SoP...

Spacemanspark

If we don't allow people to play insane characters why do we let people get borged at the drop of a hat? Sane people wouldn't chose to sign up to be murdered and enslaved.

30 minutes ago, Charliminator said:

If we don't allow people to play insane characters why do we let people get borged at the drop of a hat? Sane people wouldn't chose to sign up to be murdered and enslaved.

Because the former is used to excuse rule breaking behavior, while the latter allows players to play a relatively complex to get round start role. Granted I think cyborg is easy enough to get, I almost always can play borg if I want to. 

On topic C I see where people are coming from, no one should willy nilly be like "Huh yea, you know, fuck my freedom and all, make me a tin can please." (although insane characters are allowed but you aren't allowed to use them as a excuse to break rules) but theres also of course the balance implications, especially when we have a thread where Necaladun gave the all clear for borgs to valid hunt. It's understandable that some players really just want to play borg and enjoy it, but those players number few and if they really want to they can still just cryo and spawn as a posi brain. I don't think we should allow IC borgings. Maybe to make up for it however we change the implant SOP to be that robotics is the first place you go for implants, as well as giving the RD more control over allowing what types of implants (Even though they can already veto basically anything they want, unless ordered by the captain). Maybe make it so implants, like borgings currently, require a written forum signed by the Robo, The person who wants the implant(s), and the RD/Acting RD/Captain in that order if the former is un-available. But have combat implants and the like require HoS approval (as they currently do)

55 minutes ago, DevL said:

On topic C I see where people are coming from, no one should willy nilly be like "Huh yea, you know, fuck my freedom and all, make me a tin can please." (although insane characters are allowed but you aren't allowed to use them as a excuse to break rules) but theres also of course the balance implications, especially when we have a thread where Necaladun gave the all clear for borgs to valid hunt. It's understandable that some players really just want to play borg and enjoy it, but those players number few and if they really want to they can still just cryo and spawn as a posi brain. I don't think we should allow IC borgings. Maybe to make up for it however we change the implant SOP to be that robotics is the first place you go for implants, as well as giving the RD more control over allowing what types of implants (Even though they can already veto basically anything they want, unless ordered by the captain). Maybe make it so implants, like borgings currently, require a written forum signed by the Robo, The person who wants the implant(s), and the RD/Acting RD/Captain in that order if the former is un-available. But have combat implants and the like require HoS approval (as they currently do)

I agree with this, but I think it would be best to potentially start small in regards to changes like this; it'll be a fairly large cultural shift.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use