July Wiki Update

Sirryan2002

Hey everyone! Updates are solid this month, also I've been tied up in learning trialmin stuff so I haven't hadn't a ton of time to work on stuff. But here's everything that's going on.

Licensing is a thing that we've really dropped the ball on. After some discussion, ALL IMAGES need to have licenses included on the page(I'm working on doing this en masse with tools). However, if you upload an image to the wiki YOU MUST specify the license it uses. There is an option when uploading to select the license, when in doubt, use CC-BY-SA 3.0 it covers the majority of sprites in our codebase, anything created by our server contributors or taken from another server without special license(goonstation) is covered under this. If you know that the image you're using is a goon asset, use CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0. Otherwise, if you're uploading a wiki specific image (flowchart, diagram, splash, etc) please use  GNU 1.3+. Please manually add them(copy and paste into file wikitext) if you're updating an image. Otherwise, me or shadey are going to virtually slap you.

What needs to be done on the Wiki:

• Apparel needs to be rewritten(in progress, please help)
  • ERT needs to be rewritten. I'm currently working on that right now
  • Special Event Roles needs to be rewritten (details on the page) it also needs some kind of Gif Icon uploaded
  • Starters Guide to Admin Tools needs to be updated  (more admin stuff)
  • AI Modules needs to be updated to be in line with recent PRs
  • Containers needs to be expanded, see the Needs revision description on page
  • Cyborg should have more explanation regarding cyborg UI and have a mention of the diagnostic menu.
  • Engineering items needs to be looked over for missing items and the styling made uniform
  • Guide to Virology needs to have info regarding viruses being invisible to med HUDs until final stage
  • ID Card needs ALL of its images updated to be in line with ID Card resprite PR
  • Implants is still missing some implants and should be expanded to have more explanatory material rather than just tables
  • Janitor is missing the holosign projecter in its table
  • Medical Items is missing items and medkits should list items with sprites like in Supply Crates
  • Pets is missing Pete
  • Random Events has lots of outdated info and its styling needs to be brought up to speed
  • Setting up the Database needs to be updated to reflect TOML PR
  • Template:Species needs to recieve a styling makeover sooner or later
  • Telecommunications needs info about user filtering
  • Guide to Atmospherics needs to have heat exchangers included in the guide
  • Implants needs more explanatory content added to it
  • Vendors needs AI upload vendors added + more explanatory material added
  • These Pages need to be written: 
  • Derelict Researcher (needs to be written also)
  • Courtroom needs to be filled out
  • Electrical Maintenance Needs to be filled out
  • Meta and Delta location need to filled out and added(image files that is)
  • other shit I can't be bothered to add, see: Maintenance Panel

July Change Log:

This Months Contributors that I haven't recognized yet: @Xerdies @Longpipe23 @PacifistDalek

Good work this month everyone, we're making solid progress. The fact that I feel dead on the inside from having to write this months update means that a lot of shit has got done (enough that I literally can't add all of it). Edits this month have been some heavy organizational stuff which is just upping the quality of our wiki by a lot. Every day we get closer to the goal of scholastic perfection. 

if you were @'d on this post it means that you contributed meaningfully to our wiki in some aspect and I'd hope you are willing to stay around another month to keep doing so. If you want to get involved with editing the wiki and don't know how, @ me on the discord and I'll happily sit down and teach you stuff when I get the chance. I hope to continue doing this every month. Here is a syntax guide for those who are curious

As always, thanks for the hard work everyone!

Edited by Sirryan2002
license clarifications
  • Like 3

*bows*

Glad people are expanding the recursive templates on food and drink still! And thanks for putting together this post, nice to have an easy home to find stuff to work on! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use