Re-enable heirophant

Charliminator

Basically what the lid says. Re-enable the heirophant ruin in the config.

Heirophant is a fun fight and it is a shame it was disabled. It being disabled was the right option at the time however. The staff was just too strong. However, now the staff only works on lavaland, so its basically only useful for strip mining. More mining loot that is good for actually mining is a good thing.

Imo there is no reason for heirophant to be disabled anymore because its unga bunga kill all nukies staff has been nerfed to a state in which it has no offensive abilities on station.

• Like 11

I'm surprised it wasn't re-enabled after the loot was nerfed. I mean, no real reason to keep it off lavaland now. It's a cool boss fight with a really fun reward, which yeah, was too overpowered off lavaland, much too overpowered, but it literally doesn't work outside of there anymore. It's now a rare example of mining loot that actually helps with mining. 

Also it would take some real estate away from lavaland, so there's less space for actual op loot lol

Edited by Woje
The same thing, but not written at 5am

As said above, it's a very fun fight and I'd love to see it come back.

However, even if the staff doesn't work on station anymore, the crusher trophy is still incredibly overpowered, and allows for cheese of nearly every single fauna on lavaland - which means gamer loot, which might impact the station regardless.

I think reducing the wall's duration to be more of a fleeting boon (just like the eye of the miner) rather than being able to completely shape the area would be quite necessary to limit that if it was to be re-added.

I opened a PR for it

• Like 1
  • eyes 1

1 hour ago, Peak said:

and allows for cheese of nearly every single fauna on lavaland

Well, not bubbles, so not every fauna. I would also argue that its not really cheese if its baked into the game mechanics as such. /tg/ has the same thing and it works fine. I would be all for the re-enabling of the hierophant for some more fun kinetic crusher gameplay. 

Seeing as this is the case, I would argue that the fauna that you can "cheese" is the only one that counts for "gamer" loot (yes, I can sympathize but I don't think its cheese, I'm not taking your argument in bad faith). Allow me to elaborate, essentially, there is very few pieces of "gamer loot" that you can get from the current megafauna that's actually that good for being a gamer other than drake armour, which lets be real here man drake armour is not that hard to get in the first place, spectral Blade which relies on ghosts needing to spot you one, and the specific drake transform which allows you to become a dragon; and even that one isn't too terribly good. 

Maybe I could see the case for this if we had tumors or Heralds that you could cheese and dropped actual bonkers loot. But for now I feel this is less the aforementioned item being too good and more the current loot pool being kinda shite. 

Edited by Longpipe23

1 hour ago, Peak said:

I think reducing the wall's duration to be more of a fleeting boon (just like the eye of the miner) rather than being able to completely shape the area would be quite necessary to limit that if it was to be re-added.

That's good thinking. I do remember the crusher trophy being really really good.

5 minutes ago, Woje said:

really really good

It was really good, however adding it as a boon kind of defeats the purpose. After reading Peak's PR it seems I just misunderstood his intent, as the wall isn't really going anywhere - it's just a fix for the brainless "cheese" you can still do it as you would normally it's just slightly more difficult. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the PR makes it so it requires skill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use