Meow19 issued a flase note/compiant on me for acting realistically within the rules of helping others

Delta6730

Admin(s) Key: Meow19
Your ckey: Delta6730

Date(s) of incident: Round 27765 (maybe 3pm [GMT])

Nature of complaint: misapplication of rules

Brief description:

i was admin-frozen (after I pushed and double-punched a traitor) for valid hunting. I was chasing an actively killing traitor. Lost sight of him for a moment and then was not supposed to chase him when I saw him 1/2 minute later. Meow19 then proceeded to note me as valid hunter.

Full description of events:

John Clarke was disguised as Dick Smith in maintenance above the incinerator/gas turbine.

He pulled Nick Swabey away and started to slash him with a knife.

I was running after them and shouting for help.

The chase went east and then above (around science maintenance).

I lost sight of him right about where the maintenance-crossroad is, near xenobiology and toxins research.

I ran up to escape hallway while he probably ran west, to medbay-maint.

At escape I saw a sec office who was blocked by a access locked (hacked?) hallway door. I briefly told him again about the traitor and ran back.

When I ran back south to the maint-crossroad (where I initially lost sight of him a few seconds earlier) only to see him again.

He was standing there but without disguise (mask, stolen ID and the missing player) and acted as if he doesn't know anything.

I knew the kidnapped player must have been still arround and he probably hasn't gotten from him what he wanted or killed him yet.

I pushed him and shouted for help because I wouldn't have a standoff with a traitor face-to-face in maintenance.

Help was also hard to come by since the sec officer was locked out.

He said it's not (now John Clarke instead of Dick Smith) him and ran away to escape, where I just came from.

There I punched him 2 times when I was admin frozen and noted for valid hunting.

Meow19 is stretching out the rules in his favor and trying to intimidate me with the warning/notice. I clearly did nothing wrong when I tried to help the player and just because a few seconds passed since I last saw the traitor doesn't mean it is a whole new scenario. Neither does it mean I was actively patrolling maintenance for antags. I didn't even have a weapon or gear to valid have nor did I have the intention to do so. I just wanted to save Nick Swabey and called for sec then I ran back.  Only to see his killer behind the next corner. Why would I have to act dumb on the traitors behalf? And let him move along when I wouldn't have to just a moment earlier? That makes no sense. Losing eyesight and treating it as non-active rescue attempt makes also no sense. If John Clarke plays the "unknowing character" it's not my fault that I debunk his masquerade. And I certainly will not stand face-to-face with a traitor in maintenance after what he has done, also knowing sec can't arrive that fast since they are blocked by hacked airlocks.

Meow19 was also very fast with his response and determined right from the beginning to label me a Valid hunter which makes me think Byond Key: Kibazorua (John Clarke) is a friend/voip-chat user out of Meow19's proximity. 

• Salt 2
  • bap 1

Hi there,

As a non security officer, you shouldn't be trying to apprehend or assault people unless in self-defense. Although it's not perusing people through maint, it's going much outside the intended role of non-sec here. If a sec officer had come across this situation, you could have made things a lot more complicated and difficult, because you would have been guilty of assault by attacking them (EoCs are still subject to, and protected by space law.)

If you really think this is person is an armed and dangerous killer who belongs to a terrorist organisation, throwing punches at him is incredibly stupid behaviour and likely to get you killed. Don't bring fists to a cleaver fight.

Meow was correct in that if there isn't an actual victim at the time to save, you should report it to security and move along. It's sec job to choose how to deal with antags. It's fair enough to run up to do what you can to save people - that's what an 'active threat' is. If your actions are going to save the life of someone who is being actively threatened, then you're allowed to intervene. If they've run off and disguised themselves, it's no longer an 'active threat'. 

It seems you didn't understand what is meant in the rules by 'active threat'. That's fine, and admins are there to clarify that. I'm here to clarify that what you were doing is not considered an appropriate response, and is a breach of the rules as per 'valid hunting'. The admin warning you about this isn't at all trying to 'intimidate' you, unless you count 'follow the rules or you will be banned' as intimidation. In which case yes, every note and PM and interaction from an admin is 'trying to intimidate you'. Although in this case, a ban would have been quite suited considering your shitty attitude and 3 previous bans. Meow was frankly more merciful than I would have been, especially after you accused them of corruption with 0 evidence.

To jump to accusations of metacomms and adminbuse shows a frankly, shitty and hostile attitude. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate if Meow had accused you of metacomms with another player with no evidence at all whatsoever. This goes both ways. I do not appreciate you throwing accusations out like this with no evidence. 

Complaint is without merit and resolved.

• Like 1
  • bap 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use