Requested Space Law Changes (Just Contraband)

Sirryan2002

This is mostly for head approval and for anything else to drop glaring issues(not things you only disagree with).

Artistic Toolbox is listed as Class-S which I'm guessing is supposed to be His grace since the artistic toolbox isn't really a thing anymore I'd like to just change it to "His Grace"

I would like to alter the Class-C Chameleon contraband to include all chameleon clothing except the SecHuds and leave the other chameleon utility items(flag, projector, etc) as Class S.

Make cult items under Class C take up two columns(for readability and formatting)

Include the Nuke as an example under Grand Theft

I wanted to move syndie docs out of contraband, but the more I think about it, withholding syndie docs from command/security def warrants a perma sentence IC wise.

Also, should we consider donksoft long arms like the LMG and SMGs to be considered Class C

• Like 3

If I could add, this is more SoP then space law, get rid of allowing someone in cell to have their ID and PDA. I see no reason why they need it, especially if the person has access and could easily just walk out of their cell. What’s the point of having the prisoner’s ID if you can’t use them.

23 minutes ago, WingedYordle said:

If I could add, this is more SoP then space law, get rid of allowing someone in cell to have their ID and PDA. I see no reason why they need it, especially if the person has access and could easily just walk out of their cell. What’s the point of having the prisoner’s ID if you can’t use them.

You totally can put their ID in the locker already if they have access and no one will stop you to be fair but yeah, I thought that was written down somewhere but I cannot find it.

As for the other point I don't see why you'd take someone's PDA other than to be a dick and remove a method of communication from them.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Woje said:

You totally can put their ID in the locker already if they have access and no one will stop you to be fair but yeah, I thought that was written down somewhere but I cannot find it.

As for the other point I don't see why you'd take someone's PDA other than to be a dick and remove a method of communication from them.

It’s in the sop for brigging, was brought to my attention when I was magistrate. I am like, when did this become a thing?

56 minutes ago, WingedYordle said:

It’s in the sop for brigging, was brought to my attention when I was magistrate. I am like, when did this become a thing?

In case of uplinks, presumably.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, Shadeykins said:

In case of uplinks, presumably.

That, and having their PDA taken off them is just a lame move overall. What harm are they possibly going to do with it?

8 minutes ago, S34N said:

That, and having their PDA taken off them is just a lame move overall. What harm are they possibly going to do with it?

I’ve seen people hit the glass / lightbulbs with PDAs and it just irks me. Like, sir, I understand you’re almost at the metaphorical shitter finish line and won’t stop at banging the glass to piss off security, but could you instead consider getting a life.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Longpipe23 said:

I’ve seen people hit the glass / lightbulbs with PDAs and it just irks me. Like, sir, I understand you’re almost at the metaphorical shitter finish line and won’t stop at banging the glass to piss off security, but could you instead consider getting a life.

Yeah, those are the worst. But at the end of they day you basically have to strip them naked to get them to stop.

14 minutes ago, S34N said:

But at the end of they day you basically have to strip them naked to get them to stop.

Considering this, why not just have a SOP clause for you to be able to remove their PDA/ID? Gets the stripping done faster and keeps them from upsetting the people working like... the highest burnout job where you’re already neck deep in the shit. Matter of fact, without diverting this conversation too far from its original topic; paradise needs some kind of shitter clause like they have on terry where you can just beat their shins with a chair in and have them crawl to medbay. It’s incredibly cathartic.

2 hours ago, Longpipe23 said:

Considering this, why not just have a SOP clause for you to be able to remove their PDA/ID? Gets the stripping done faster and keeps them from upsetting the people working like... the highest burnout job where you’re already neck deep in the shit. Matter of fact, without diverting this conversation too far from its original topic; paradise needs some kind of shitter clause like they have on terry where you can just beat their shins with a chair in and have them crawl to medbay. It’s incredibly cathartic.

Won't matter.

They don't need their PDA to be able to break the bulb. All clothing items can do it. Nearly any item can do it.

Removing their PDA is utterly pointless and just dickish, unless it's the clowns PDA.

11 minutes ago, Mitchs98 said:

Nearly any item can do it.

I’m well aware. Hence stripping naked faster. 

Dickish? Sure. Pointless? Maybe. Either way it still gets the point across that they’re being annoying. 

I just thought of this, the camera flash is nowhere on this contraband list, should it be added to Class-C?

4 hours ago, Mitchs98 said:

Clown magboots are also not on the contraband list

Likely because you can also get them from the clown ruin on lavaland. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use