Drone and Plasteel

Abigail886

As a drone you can not repair reinforced walls, so when they break you have to replace them with normal walls, this can be a problem in situations like when the brig has been blown up, because unless a normal engineer comes by it will be weaker from then on. I think drones should get plasteel to be able to repair things like that.

Neither can cyborgs. That's why we're still using fleshy engineers. Drones and borgs can do basic repairs.

Plus, this would allow borgs to make even more massive Brigston's and in general massive defenses, as the materials they used will magically pop back into existence when they simply hop in a recharger, allowing for a stupid amount of plasteel. Additionally, I think* you can use the magnetic gripper to pick up a stack of plasteel, then use that for walls. This would just be more redundant, and easy to abuse (assuming the above is correct).

• Like 1

Maybe making it so that a gripper could hold plasteel would be useful, that way we could actualy repair the walls without it causing too much issues with just spawning infinite plasteel then? Not sure if that would cause balance issues though as I am not really the best at balancing things.

The ability to carry a useful amount of plasteel will still allow people to build r-wall defenses with ease. And if there's too little to be useful, then you can't really repair stuff with it.

I shudder to think what a malf AI could do with that.

2 hours ago, AffectedArc07 said:

Malf AIs dont control drones 

I was about to say, so long as drones and drones alone get cyborg plasteel sheets and an appropriate charge cost to use them, I wouldn't mind drones being able to patch up secure areas. In most cases, the plasteel's already there, so severely nerfing its maximum capacity in the stack would be prudent, too, if the idea is to prevent drones retrofitting every inch of the station into fort asshole.

They're not borgs, are REQUIRED to not be involved with players, antags, or the AI, and are heavily encouraged just to be a counterforce to the entropy of the station getting thrashed and tided.

Edited by Sonador

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use