Drone Engineering Comms?

Abigail886

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the engineering comms to drones. Since engineering will say that something is broken and then a while later engineers will maybe get to it, I think it would be interesting if drones could see it too so they know where more breaks to the station are.

Code wise it’s very easy to do. They already have the AI binary comms (I think, correct me if I am wrong), so adding engineering radio as reasonly shouldn’t be that bad. 

Actually the binary thing is actually a language but still it shouldn’t be too hard.

My only worry design wise is drones seeing engi comms and thinking they can speak down it, even though they can’t. 

Ah for some reason It wasnt working for me but is now, wonder what that was about then, sorry about that

And yea they can see binary but cant speak there, only can speak in drone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:20 AM, SabreML said:

This is already a feature, unless it’s stopped working recently.

I added it in one of my first PRs last year:

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/13934/commits/95b363f4a7c2e8f7bdc4df0896c9a6301fb2666a

Yeah I was gonna say, last I played maint drone I remembered it being a thing already

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use