Character Bio - Angel Anide

punkalope

Note: I completely changed her backstory on 23/08/2021.

Full Name: Angelica Cyan Anide

Orientation: Lesbian

Nicknames/Alias: Angel, Miss Anide, Miss Angel

Picture:

32813568_zUZzIq54shUA3MZ.png?1624664068

Angel's Present Appearance

22-23 yrs old.

Angel at 22-23 yrs Old

Age/D.O.B: 37 Yrs (19/10/2528)

Place Of Birth: Amalthea, a USSP autonomous zone.

Species: Human

Blood Type: B+

Affiliation: Nanotrasen Employee, previously a Chemical Engineer for Biotech solutions.

Religious Beliefs: Agnostic

Childhood:

Spoiler

Angelica Anide (a.k.a. Angel) was born on a USSP aututonomous moon named Amalthea on October 19th, 2528. The first few years of her life were nice and fairly normal, coming from a loving community known for taking care of each other and being rather self-reliant. When Angel was about eight years old, her father had left one night and never returned. Angel's mother slowly began to take a lot of her frustrations out on Angel, and when Angel turned 15, her mother was exiled from the moon for arson. While many in the community were willing to take Angel in as their own, Mrs. Anide took Angel with her and forced her into boarding school. Angel's mother was later arrested for an attempted robbery on another planet.

Adulthood:

Spoiler

Angel began studying chemistry at university at 18 and graduated with a bachelor’s at 22. Shortly after beginning graduate school, she was offered an internship with BioTech Solutions as a chemical engineer. When Angel first began her internship, the company had been studying venom - a mysterious syndicate toxin. This later resulted in an attack from Cybersun Industries, exposing Angel to a chemical explosion and leaving the left half of her body permanently scarred, her left eye blind (though she later replaced it with a cybernetic years later) and killing numerous coworkers. The research of venom was quickly stopped after the accident, but Biotech continued to research other chemicals in its place.

Despite this, Angel was able to recover and earned her master’s at 26 years old.

Detailed Information

Character Voice: Hartzo Piltz from Stellar Firma

Appearance:

Spoiler

A woman in her late 30s, standing at 5'7". Her hair is a complete mess still manages to look soft. It's obviously bleached, with darker roots and a few streaks of blue. The left half of her body is almost completely covered in chemical burn scars. Her left eye's sclera is completely black and fake. Her nails are sharpened to a point and always done nicely, and her smile is lopsided and kind of toothy.

Personality:

Spoiler

Sensual 》 Curious, tactile and very romantic.
Meticulous 》 Pays close attention to detail. Prefers things to be tidy.
Playful 》 Doesn't take much seriously - finds joy in chaos around her. Fidgety & occasionally impatient.

Flirtatious 》 ;)
Intelligent 》 Look at her fancy degree!
Alert 》 She values her privacy.

Melodramatic 》 Makes big deals out of small things at time, usually for the attention of people she likes. Whiny.
Devious 》 Sneaky, manipulative and sometimes a liar.
Morbid 》 A bit of a frightening sense of humour. Doesn't seem very afraid of death most of the time.

Medical Record:

Spoiler

Farsighted. Does not wear her glasses when she should.

Severe - but old - burn scars on the left half of her body. The injuries have long since healed, but are permanently discoloured on her own request. She often treats them with creams occasional pain medication.

PTSD - flinches at the sound of explosions and does not react well to being in new ones at all.

Character Biography

Background/History:

Spoiler

During the time of the accident, Angel had been talking to a coworker and close friend named Io in one of the many labs on the station. When the first bomb went off, a welding fuel tank and a series of other chemicals exploded next to her. While both women survived, another bomb went off while Angel was trying to drag her friend to safety, resulting in the death of Io. Angel struggles to remember the specifics of the accident due to trauma.

Despite this, Angel managed to recover and continue her internship until graduation. Biotech had completely stopped the research of venom when Angel returned, instead of shifting to stimulants and how they worked with different toxins. Angel questioned the ethics of the experiments at the time, noting its dangers especially in testing, but was frequently reminded of its importance.

Angel became frustrated with Biotech over time, convinced that they weren’t doing enough to help people. She began doing her own research and in the process discovered romeral, a type of zombie virus. Still coping with the death of her friend, Angel begins to push for Biotech to begin studying this instead, convinced that it could be used as an alternative to cloning. Angel’s requests go unheard until she begins working for Biotech as a full-time employee, where she then pushes it more - and at 27 she finally manages to convince them to shift their work to it.

Around 2562, the body of Sara Holloway was donated to science after she had been in an accident involving Syndicate agents. Unfortunately, however, Sara’s younger sister had followed the ship with her on it to Biotech. After a lot of begging from the child, she was agreed to be properly cloned instead, leaving the woman disoriented but able to recover fine. With no actual home at the time, Sara was left to recover on the Biotech station for a few weeks and quickly became a known face around it. Once she had recovered well enough, Sara showed interest in the company’s work and Angel offered her a job under her wing.

Sara happily took the offer, oblivious to their current workplace practices. Over time Sara and Angel grow close, with Sara slowly beginning to see Angel as a parental figure in her life. Sara, however, slowly begins to uncover Biotech’s secrets and is horrified. When she confronts Angel about it, Angel denies that it’s anything bad at all - convinced that it’d be good for millions if it worked and even other species. Sara disagrees, and an argument between the two starts, and while trying to prove a point Angel gets badly injured.

Sara helps Angel recover, forcing Angel to spend more time with Sara and her younger sister. During her time recovering, Angel is terminated for her stunt, and the romeral project’s status is left unknown to her.  Angel finds herself becoming kind of relieved, however, and starts to take Sara’s words to heart - though she sees the situation as more of a game she’s fairly lost, it’s a start to a change in her act. She also becomes particularly fond of Allay, though the child doesn’t feel the same and despises Angel for what she’s done and is extremely vocal about it.

Angel eventually finds work for Nanotrasen instead, and while she doesn’t have fond feelings for it, either, she willingly works there and tries to stay out of trouble when she can. Angel keeps her work at Biotech a tight secret (and she also, legally, cannot mention it to anyone) and she begins to feel more and more guilt as she builds relationships at NT. She tries to be at least decent for her family's sake.

Family:

Spoiler

Angel's father left her family when she was eight years old, and cares little about her or what she's doing now as an adult. Angel's mother, however, believes that Angel really did cause the accident on purpose and has cut communication with her daughter off unless she needs a favour.

Personal Relationships

Romantically Involved | Family | Admire | Respected | Good Friend | Friend | Acquaintance | Neutral/Unsure | Dislike | Hate | Fear

I feel like this list might be short cause I haven't interacted with enough people just yet, but hopefully I can fix that soon enough! If I forgot you I'm sorry!!

Spoiler

Idunn Raan

• Girlfriend.
  • You're so smart and always seem to know what to do, even if it's kind of dangerous. You've been through so much, and I hope I don't weigh you down. I love you, banana bread, and I'll attack anyone who hurts you like a - like a FERAL RACCOON! Please stop drinking so much, though. I don't want you to get sick.

Rivera Kirkland

• Girlfriend.
  • How did I get stuck with two pretty nerds? You're so level headed and rational, perhaps maybe a little more than Idunn... Falling in love with you and Idunn really got me thinking about my morals, huh? I love you and I worry about you, honey, so please don't throw yourself into danger.

Chikitita

• Wiggly little worm.
  • You're Idunn's best friend, and therefor we are best in-laws! Oh, you're so fun to watch sometimes. I do respect your work, though, little one - keep it up.

Viisk-Hoorm-Vroo

• Viisky!
  • You're so pleasant to be around and work with. I never thought I'd make a friend on janitorial shifts, and yet here we are! Always a pleasure to see my favourite drask and knowing we're all in good, clean hands.

Cure #FF99FF

• My favourite therapist!
  • Absolute pleasure to be around you, Miss Cure! I'm sorry for, um, all of...THAT I dumped on you!

Freya Raan

• Idunn's Kid
  • It feels weird being technically a step-parent. You're a crazy one, PLEASE stop walking into danger in maints - your mother will KILL ME. But otherwise I enjoy your company.

Tidal Kirkland

• Rivera's kid.
  • I admire your spunk. So energetic and willing to learn! I will play "fortnites" with you eventually.

Lace Masuno

• Tidal's sister.
  • We aren't close, but I'd like to get to know you better. Thanks for getting me out of chemistry when some idiot barricaded me in and then helping me work a bit. Perhaps I can teach you properly sometime!

Sybil Swords

• Lace's girlfriend.
  • This family tree is so much.
  • We haven't talked much at all, and I feel a little bad for it. Your cooking is fantastic, though, maybe you can show me how to make food that nice sometime? I only know how to make eggs...

Kikeri

• Chikitita's friend
  • I like your little hat! I want to put more hats on you!

Jakki Rockatansky

• Has Idunn adopted you yet, kid?

Pikel Ceravuyen

• Amazing coworker.
  • Seriously, I feel at ease working with him. A lot more willing to experiment than me, and also doesn't blow shit up.

Fiona Phillips

• You are...interesting to be around, Fiona. I enjoy what you have to share with the class often, and it's always fun to see what you have in store. And you're also very tall!

Qixxiq Xiqqix

• ANOTHER amazing coworker.
  • You've helped me out more than once, it's a delight to see you on the station. I don't care what Idunn says. You ARE invited to the holiday party.

Faction Relations

Allied | Love | Like | Neutral | Dislike | Hate | Fear

Spoiler

Nanotrasen

• Nasty company with cheap practices, it makes me really miss BioTech.

The Syndicate

• I've done some nasty things, but I'm not downright evil like them.

BioTech Solutions

• Mixed feelings.
  • Take me baaack.

Cybersun Industries

• They have interesting work, but at the end of the day they work so close to the Syndicate I don't think it's worth it.

USSP

• Neutral / Uncaring.
  • My first home was hardly touched by USSP, despite everyone being from it. I remember it being nice, but I learned quick that not every other planet or station belonging to them is the same. Kinda hard to judge it based off that, though.

SolGov

• Wow.

Other Information

• Typically uses technology EXTREMELY zoomed in because she doesn't wear her glasses like she should. If she can't, she'll type in ALL CAPS. Uses lots of emojis as well.
  • Horrendous with most technology and modern things sometimes.
  • Her favourite drink is a Long Island Iced Tea.
Edited by punkalope
I'll be redoing this later I think.
  • Like 5
  • fastparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use