GreenGasBlaster

Admin(s) Key: Fraility
Your ckey (Byond username): GreenGasBlaster
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 

Admin(s) Key:
Your ckey (Byond username):
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 10am?

Nature of complaint: misapplication of rules
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I and many others were warned by an admin for validhunting even though we were just going around maints cleaning bloodrunes, after our respective jobs were effectively finished and had been for sometime.

Full description of events: So to start off, it was 40 minutes into the round, I was a miner and we had 200+ resources of every kind in the ORM, my job was effectively done, it was low pop anyways so no one was really pulling resources. I had heard and had witnessed myself at this point multiple officers had been pulled into maints being killed and so on, I had even had a cultist break into our cargo bay, steal resources from the autolathe and break out. I didn't touch them just reporting them to security and attempting to block doors with the mech I had from mining. After not getting one response and waiting 5 minutes for someone to DNA scan the teleport rune they used and after no one responded, I went and cleaned up the rune myself.

I then I believe walked around maints for about 10 minutes before the Fraility boinked me, just walking around cleaning runes whenever I saw them in maints, I continued to report the first few and again got literally no response due to security being murdered, and it being low-pop anyways. And after the first few I started cleaning runes whenever I saw them, I should point out at this point I had come across multiple obvious cultists (using runes, wearing cult apparel ect) and had done no actions to hurt them in anyway, only thing I had done was tell them off and reported them. And after I broke into a single door, and revealed 7ish of runes, no one was there so I started to clean them up with my bar of soap and the admin pinged me, saying that I was validhunting and I wasn't able to argue against it.

And at that point I got myself outta maints, and decided to look at the rules for validhunting, even though the admin said I was guilty at this point, and as the rule says, rule 8 "If you are not a member of Security, then hunting Antagonists is not something you should be doing. You may not drop your job, or go out of your way, to hunt Antagonists. You may, however, defend yourself or others from Antagonist attack if you happen to witness it". And to reiterate at this point, I never went around chasing, and hunting cultists, I never hurt one in anyway, and I know, I wasn't a member of security but I didn't drop my job to clean up the runes, my job was effectively finished. And I was assisting security in the only way I thought would be able to, since they were very effectively crippled.

admin one.png

admin one.png

Hi there,

Having "finished" your job does not change how you should act in relation to Validhunting - this goes for all jobs, regardless of it being lowpop or not, and roles without a job such as civilian. Going around maint to clean up cult runes is very much security's job, and not something non-security should be doing. Additionally, cleaning the runes can destroy evidence security might require, and actively hinder them. Being in maint around runes is also very suspicious, and may make securities job harder because they will have to search you and check if you are a cultist. If you're seen cleaning runes, they might suspect you're trying to cover up evidence of cultists. Breaking into places also makes securities job harder, as you're now committing crimes.

If you wish to assist security against antags, permission is needed from the HoS/Captain, and generally requires joining security itself - especially because of the need for a mindshield implant. This is the same for most jobs - if you want to assist medbay, you should transfer to medbay. If you come across a situation organically (not going through maint looking for them), then feel free to assist - in much the same way as if you came across someone bleeding out, then healing them up and taking them to medbay is fine, and not poaching the Paramedic's job. The issue is actively seeking out (or hunting for) these things. If you want to actively interfere with antagonists, you need to do this through the correct channels by joining the security team.

As the warning was within line with our rules, this complaint is without merit and can be considered resolved.

• derp 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use