Including Damage/Armor Values on the Wiki

Sirryan2002

Hello everyone, I wanted to get community input on this since it's been something that hasn't really been made clear. Should we use Damage/Armor Values on the wiki? What I mean by this, is how much damage say a crowbar/toolbox would do or how much brute damage a space suit would protect from.

Other wikis such as the Pararussian downstream and Baystation both include it but we don't currently(for the most part). Generally, I don't include it for reason such as preventing article bloat and discouraging meta-gaming but that may not be what's right. Is including this information appropriate for the paradise wiki, is it only appropriate in some cases (guns, traitor weapons, exo/space-suits, etc?), or not at all. 

Personally I think that it'd be much better to just include that information in an ingame 'information menu' somewhere, like some other servers do.

That'd avoid the issue of having to update every item on the wiki with its correct stats, and it'd probably be better for players too since it means they wouldn't have to check the wiki every time.

• Like 1

I'd include it for weapons that are actually meant to be weapons but documenting the damage of every random object is highly pointless.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, Sirryan2002 said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to get community input on this since it's been something that hasn't really been made clear. Should we use Damage/Armor Values on the wiki? What I mean by this, is how much damage say a crowbar/toolbox would do or how much brute damage a space suit would protect from.

Other wikis such as the Pararussian downstream and Baystation both include it but we don't currently(for the most part). Generally, I don't include it for reason such as preventing article bloat and discouraging meta-gaming but that may not be what's right. Is including this information appropriate for the paradise wiki, is it only appropriate in some cases (guns, traitor weapons, exo/space-suits, etc?), or not at all. 

IIRC, the security page includes armour value listings on all the equipment. It was an eventual goal to have a full inventory of all items w/ damage/armour.

I think it would be much simpler to just explain the armour formula at the header of the relevant sections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use