remove sling bones or add a way for slings to heal broken bones

wow50000

i dont know how dificult this will be since i never looked at code

the scope would just be to remove slings bone break or make it so that they can heal broken bones with abilities

this is intended so that people dont just use shotguns on slings and win because now the sling has broken bones and cant do much

Code wise, it would actually be pretty easy to implement both of those ideas. With the simplest being to just copy over the 'No bones' feature from Slime People to Shadowlings. Having a 'Repair bones' action button would also work, although it would add to the usual action button clutter that some antags get already.

The issue here is that https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/15690 exists as a PR to remove Shadowlings entirely. While that PR hasn't been updated for almost three months now, it was posted by a maintainer, so it has a pretty high chance of getting merged. (Although likely not any time soon as Fox is busy at the moment.)

Any PRs to change Shadowlings while that's open will most likely just get shot down, or kept in limbo until the 'Shadowling removal' PR is either merged or closed. So while Shadowlings not having to worry about broken bones is a good idea in theory, you'll probably just have to stick with surgery from thralls for now.

• Like 1

That same PR also has a 27-18 dislike to like ratio, so it doesn't seem too popular. Admittedly I have no idea if that actually affects its merge chances, so who knows.

Community opinion is taken into consideration when merging prs however we aren't an emoji democracy, just becuase people dont like a change doesn't necessarily mean it wont be merged.

• Thanks 1

Personally I'd like to see it downgraded from a round type to a mid round antagonist like most servers have. Its an interesting antagonist type, just doesn't make for a very good round to be honest.

I do look the horror aspect of it and would like to see something new take its place though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use