Admin Complaint 05 June 2021- Fraility

ConradTheBro

Admin(s) Key: Fraility
Your ckey (Byond username): ConradTheBro
Your Discord name (if applicable): ConradTheBro

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 1100 EST JUne 5th 2021

Nature of complaint: Possible Admin abuse, Misapplication of rules
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I was told as cleaning cyborg by an admin that i cannot clean up cultist runes and that i should never do it again.

Full description of events: I was approached by an admin about a name change (which is fine, i totally accept that my name wasnt very great). I gladly changed my name. After the fact he warned me about cleaning up the cultist runes in the kitchen as a cleaning borg. Im still newish but from my understanding i see stuff, i clean it. I shouldn't need to announce that im cleaning it. Even in the AI laws it says to protect and safeguard the crew and space station. Even if i "wouldnt know" what the runes were and cleaned them up, im still doing my job and RPing properly. I dont believe this shouldve been an issue. If it was, there is nothing in the rules that say otherwise and there are rules in place that say its okay.

Pic 1 space station.PNG

Space station 2.PNG

Hi as the admin involved I will give my rational.

1) your cyborg name was robocock which demonstrates that you have not read our rules, i think i was pretty fair with this.

2) you went against your law to safeguard your station by interfering in security activity thereby impacting on their ability to find the cult.

3) Cyborgs are not mindless robots... they do infact have a brain and should use it.

Yes, I did warn you for the name and for going against your laws. I would also do it again.

-I have read the rules and this complaint has nothing to do with the name change. I was more than happy to change my name. Doesnt "demonstrate" anything.

-This is more of a grey area with roleplay that should be addressed in your rules. I am a cyborg. I am not trying to interract with the crew im just here to clean the floor. All that did was hinder someone else job because i was doing mine. Nothing was said about the surrounding area being a crime scene or investigation, no security stopped me, nobody said a word and let me clean the floor. 

-You are indeed correct, cyborgs are not mindless, i do have a brain programmed to CLEAN. I doubt a cleaning cyborg is going to stop and say "Security might be investigating this, maybe i shouldnt clean this.". 

I dont feel like this was deserving of warning at all. 

-Thanks.

Hi there,

Law 1 requires you to protect the station - destroying evidence of a cult trying to destroy the station goes against that.

Law 2 requires the safety of the crew - destroying evidence of who is in a cult trying to murder them all goes against that.

Law 3 also requires the safety and interests of the crew - again, destroying evidence goes against this.

Please use some common sense with how you choose to play a borg. You were made by NT to help the station, not to hinder it. The warning was very much deserved, as you were going against your laws and assisting a murderous bloodcult.

Complaint is without merit and resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use