Consider the dynamic game mode

MxNimbus433

That's dependent on the "threat level" of a sector tho, realistically every round will not be the same shitshow, some rounds will be more chaotic than your average para round, some would be more calm, definitely would spice up midrounds.

Edited by MxNimbus433

Honestly I think the concept is a great idea, Paradise just needs some more tame gamemodes so we can mix and match without causing an extraordinarily amount of chaos every round you put more than two together before we could implement this.

• Like 1
  • fastparrot 1

From tg wiki: 

"The standard game mode. The dynamic game mode generates a threat number which is used to "buy" rulesets (rulesets are basically your antagonists). This means you can have rounds with for example traitors and cult. You can have up to three roundstart rulesets depending on the pop and threat level. Then there are latejoin and midround rulesets. The latejoin ruleset can assign late joining players as antagonists, and the midround ruleset assigns (prompts) ghosts or currently living players as antagonists.

The threat level of the dynamic round is hinted by the "status summary" automatically printed by the communication consoles near roundstart:

Peaceful Waypoint: Threat 0 to 19, no antagonists alive

Core Territory: 0 to 19, with antagonists

Anomalous Exogeology: 20 to 39

Contested System: 40 to 65

Uncharted Space: 66 to 79

Black Orbit: 80 to 99

Impending Doom: 100

Threat level is split into two separate budgets, one for round start and one for midround/latejoin."

I think this is the beauty of the dynamic game mode, because it can basically result in your typical just tators, OR tators an changeling, OR tators and changeling an vampires, Or nukies  and vampires and blob etc., and the game randomly selects between these combinations based on the amount of points it has to spend, its super cool, and would help solve the problem of "wizard/blob is dead so round automatically ends and interrupts anything cool anyone may have been working on" essentially it is extended, but with actual fun stuff happening during an extended round.

@AffectedArc07

Edited by MxNimbus433

Keep in mind this game mode is already fully implemented on some servers and works well/better than standard secret, considering you are guaranteed to get at least some mid round antags, however small they may be, and you won't get rounds where say, the cult gets caught at the beginning of the round, and then you have to admeme in order to make another threat/keep things interesting, instead it could happen organically. There are plenty of admins willing to create interesting scenarios on the fly, but why not have a system that can still create interesting experiences for users when admins aren't around? @Sirryan2002

Edited by MxNimbus433

Have you been reading my DMs?!

It's being considered, but how to integrate it well with the server and the other secret project(s) is gonna take a bit. ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, necaladun said:

Have you been reading my DMs?!

It's being considered, but how to integrate it well with the server and the other secret project(s) is gonna take a bit. ;)

Of course i read your dm's! btw the thing about the girraffes and the sattelites, masterful If i do say so myself

Disclaimer: This is a joke

There's a general association with old dynamic of it being a hellhole which will need dispelled from people's heads.

Dynamic 2021 has changed quite a lot even from the old iteration. It limits how much gets gets dumped into roundstart antags by splitting the budget, and when it tries to purchase a new ruleset it's presented to admins who can actively veto it. It's extremely configurable and designed to be engaged with by admins.

/tg/ removed non-dynamic modes, forcing all of their direct downstreams into dynamic, and they've adapted fine I think.

Edited by Froststahr
  • Like 1

Thats really cool that admins can veto midrounds that they feel may be too much/out of place for the current round, nice qol change. I feel dynamic would be an upgrade to secret random game modes, offering more variety, but still in a system that is automatic.

Edited by MxNimbus433
I'm baby 👶

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use