Skye / JackoMallow's Art Thread

JackoMallows

Hi! Some of my friends have been poking me for a while to make an art thread, soooo I'm finally doing that. I have a good handful of SS13 art I'll try to upload in batches and stuff, things will probably be out of order for a while!

(i'll edit this first post to look nicer later, since i wanna have a cute little landing drawing of sorts for it)

nI87qSn.png

• Like 10

I'll start off strong with my biggest SS13 piece to date: a commission from a friend of mine as a gift for @SlimeBird!
Finished about mid-December, 2020.
(I already feel like I've improved a ton since this.)

fZWuMmN.png

Here's some art I've done of one of my characters, Rivera Kirkland, as a geneticist:
Drawn in April 2021.

m3QjEJT.png

And here's some art I ended up drawing after my first round of chef in ages, playing as Sybil Swords, featuring @angelictactics's Idunn.
Drawn in May 2021.

L9mHmxs.png

Edited by JackoMallows
  • Like 14

Today I bring forth... character IDs! Arranged in the order I finished them in, with Rivera being the first (April 26th) and Lace being the most recent (today, May 30th).

Made this small little template myself for some of my characters. Nothing fancy, but I tried to emulate the in-game sprite itself for it, and I'm generally pretty pleased with how it looks. (Side note: I like to imagine certain things like blood type are on the back. Maybe I'll design a template for the backside at some point...?)

5JmUIo0.png

• Like 7

God damn, kudos to @MrSynnester for an amazing round where Idunn (and eventually Rivera) were being haunted by a demonic voice! I sorta interpreted it as a ghostly Shesi hanging around Rivera being all scary and sinister. Mostly just a doodle, but hell if I wasn't going to draw at least something after all that.

08KleKj.png

Also... awkwardly-drawn hands aside, god. I'm really pleased with how I made the second Rivera look like a puffed up cat. It wasn't completely intentional but damn is it fitting.

• Like 8

Very pretty style and coloring, easily one of my favorites I've seen in the community so far. Good job!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words about my art ahhhh! I'm a bit shy so I haven't been responding directly to them all, but just know that each of them means the world to me ; ___ ;

Today I thought I'd post something other than humans for once, lol. Here's one of my less played characters: Luke Rosensteel! He's a random vulpkanin I had been assigned for the animal clinic mob spawner, and I grew very attached to him, so I made him an actual player character for future shifts. He had miners in and out since he was so close to the base, and was eventually brought on board and given shaft miner permissions and welcomed by the mining crew. He took his two pet shrimp with him and now he has taken a particular interest in shaft mining as a job.

F7Fyg6D.png

The shrimp are named Scapi (pink, and no that's not a typo) and Gallagher (blue). He loves them very much. 🦐

• Like 10

Another post, this time focusing a bunch on my character Tidal!

Here's her takin' a power nap on a bus with her sister Lace.

jetvJ4h.png

Here's a small thing I had done of her hiding in Angel's ( @punkalope's character) absolute mass of hair. Tide's not usually the shy type, but they are still a teenager and get intimidated easily.

fppR6Ci.png

Aaaand one more, full of a bunch of doodles! This gives a brief look into their backstory, since Tidal's childhood was... a bit of an odd case! They were raised by a (now deceased) diona, and he's the reason she was inspired to try and learn medical at such a young age.
(In character, I like to believe her connection to Idunn helps her get a foot in the door to achieving this so early on.)

KsD7Xve.png

• Like 6
  • explodyparrot 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit, but here's an update! This is just a doodle I got a little carried away with: Rivera and Angel shared a really sweet moment alone in an escape pod.
(The text is, of course, to show the moment I was drawing in specific ; __ ; my heart)

3lO7pHF.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I never thought to share this one: Rivera's apartment bedroom, before she moved into a larger house. (Drawn about April 14th, 2021)
I'd love to do more of these, they make great practice and are actually fantastic for character building. Maybe another for the house she lives in after her apartment?

(Also, this was 100% inspired by the drawing Heather did of Chikitita's apartment.)

TnIwYqk.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

More post-round doodles. Fiona Phillips and Angel Anide working together to be horrible horrible influences to Tidal (underage drinking) at Idunn's horrified and panicked expense.

gcfkDOK.png

suiT6Yj.png

• Like 4
  • explodyparrot 1

this is my magnum opus of space station 13 art i think

KNkaUUn.png

this was originally made as an art fight attack! though six of the included characters were added simply because i wanted to add them. this was sort of intended to be a nod toward the great times i've had in medbay, though it evolved to be a little more than just characters from medbay. but either way, thanks for all the good times!

based on this ridiculous image. i love it so much

In no particular order, characters belong to:

Me: Rivera Kirkland, Tidal Kirkland
Chikitita: @SlimeBird
@angelictacticsIdunn Raan:
Angel Anide: @punkalope
Kikeri: @gangelwaefre
Ooom-Vraah Viisk-Hoorm-Vroo: @Sappholopod
Fiona Phillips: @Woje
Jacob Pearls: @Sixzma
S.E.A.G.U.L.L.: @rwn
Cure #FF99FF: @Pegasnow
Qixxiq Xiqqix: @Wilkson
Scarlet Einholve: @EmilitiaEnnehrt
Gikikigi: @Drakeven
aand a couple others (Embrace Of Destiny Under A Lonesome Sun and Anton Fasani), not sure if their players a forum account.

(Apologies for all the pings! There's a lot of characters here so I wanted to make sure their players got to see this. :] )

Edited by JackoMallows
added the image it was based on
  • Like 12
  • fastparrot 3
  • explodyparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use