Crew Record: Fiona Phillips

Viz

Finally got around to doing one of these. It might have info that differs slightly from the character bio I posted, since this is IC information Nanotrasen has, rather than a full biography.

Name: Fiona Phillips

Species: Human (Genetic modification for deep space habitation present - see TSF patent 213512-A)

Blood Type: B+

General Occupational Role(s): 
Security Officer
Maintenance Technician
EMT

Biography:

Much of the following section cannot be verified, and relies mostly on Ms. Phillips testimony. Parts of relevant transcripts have been appended where needed.

Fiona Phillips' place of birth is a mining colony on G1618-X1634, a planetoid located in the debris field around Groombridge 1618, outside of the jurisdiction of any galactic government. Said planetoid has been recorded as a location of modest amounts of plasma ore of relatively low quality. As of the time of this document's last update (May 27th, 2565), the colony is defunct due to a massive failure of its atmospheric systems. Ms. Phillips has stated that she has no known living family members.

Addendum: Excerpt from an interview log, 2560.04.23 [Clearance: Command, Security]

Spoiler

Interviewer: According to our records, G1618...

F.P.:  G1618-X1634.

Interviewer: ...that. The planetoid colony is defunct now.

F.P.:  So I’ve heard. The atmos system has been failing for a while. No survivors, I guess?

Interviewer: I’m sorry for your loss.

F.P.: [sighs] There was no one left there who’d care about me, or who I’d care about. Lots of them deserved it, frankly. Place was a mess.

Interviewer: You have mentioned gang activity.

F.P.: Yeah. After you guys at NT monopolized plasma forty years ago, the place went to- [short pause] Deteriorated. Wouldn’t call it complete anarchy, but the next worst thing. Gangs did take over. Well, it was gonna happen anyway. The mines were running out of the stuff.

Interviewer: Sounds like you had a rough upbringing.

F.P.: [chuckles] Probably, but with no outside perspective, it didn’t feel that bad. Still, had to find my way off that rock eventually. The cybernetics I got there were a bandaid more than anything else.

Interviewer: Lost the arm in an accident?

F.P.: You could say that.

Due to the collapse of the colony's education system, Ms. Phillips has been homeschooled from her birth (2541, precise day uncertain) until her mother's death in 2551. Forced to fend for herself from there on out, she engaged in minor criminal activity, primarily smuggling. In 2556, her arm and eyes were irreparably damaged by an IED explosion, and were replaced by crude cybernetics. Later that year, a cargo freighter had to dock at G1618-X1634 for critical repairs due to FTL failure. Ms. Phillips found her way into the ship's cargo hold and managed to successfully stow away. In early 2557, she managed to land an internship as a maintenance technician onboard an industrial space station owned by Cybersun Industries.

Addendum: Excerpt from an interview log, 2559.04.28 [Clearance: Command, Security]

Spoiler

Interviewer: About your previous employer...

F.P.: Cybersun, right? Yeah, I know NT doesn’t like ‘em. Neither do I. [chuckles]

Interviewer: We have some suspicions about people who previously worked with them. They are quite open about using corporate espionage, among other unsavory strategies.

F.P.: Sounds about right. I’m glad I quit.

Interviewer: What did your previous position entail, exactly?

F.P.: Checking and repairing pipes, wires… Occasionally hull breaches, mostly when a bomb performed better than expected. [chuckles] I know that Cybersun’s notorious for flashy acts of sabotage and such, but I was just a boring ol’ engineer onboard an even more boring station.

Interviewer: The results of the evaluation exams would indicate as such. Which is good. The company does value people with insights into the competitors’ activities. Have you signed any NDAs?

F.P.: [chuckles] Don’t tell me you care.

Interviewer: [snorts] You are a funny one, Ms. Phillips.

Following her previous contract's termination in 2559, Ms. Phillips applied for an engineering position onboard NSS Cyberiad, and was hired after a successful job interview. During her time with Nanotrasen, she has pursued additional qualifications, including combat medic training.

Qualifications:
Ms. Phillips' previous position has prepared her for most if not all duties related to spacecraft construction and maintenance, as confirmed by evaluation exams 23-A and 23-B. As such, she can be expected to perform most Engineering duties onboard Nanotrasen space stations on an adequate level. Her particular backstory has made her a natural fit for mining operations in hostile environments.

During her time with the company, Ms. Phillips has received combat medic training, including the use of both ballistic and energy-based firearms, close quarters combat, and emergency medicine. During her training, she excelled at low-gravity combat simulations, hinting at previous experience.

Addendum: Excerpt from an interview log, 2562.02.12 [Clearance: Command, Security]

Spoiler

F.P.: So how’d I do?

Interviewer: Better than expected, congratulations. Quite impressive performance at the firing range, especially with the WT-650.

F.P.: The laser gun? Back where I’m from, mostly those kinds of guns were used. Well, older models, anyway. Still own one. These new ones are quite something, though.

Interviewer: I recall you are from a mining colony?

F.P.: Yup. Pretty bad one. [chuckles] Most of the industry was defunct, so ballistics weren’t common, ‘cause it wasn’t easy to find ammo. Lasers you could recharge anywhere.

Interviewer: I presume your respectable performance in low-gravity combat simulations is related, aswell?

F.P.: Did I do good?

Interviewer: It is not common to see a rookie move this well once the generator is off.

F.P.: You’re gonna make me blush. [laughs] Yeah, I had to defend myself a few times in the past.

Interviewer: I see. Well, you will still need to work on your aim with the ballistics. The WT-550 in particular. Other than that, you are good to go.

F.P.: Yeeeeah, I expected that. Recoil throws me off still. I’ll figure it out.

Interviewer: We are looking forward to your progress, cadet Phillips.

[end of transcript]

Employment Records:
According to her own testimony, Ms. Phillips has experience with most basic space station equipment due to being born on a planetoid mining colony. After leaving the planetoid at the age of 15, she had briefly worked odd jobs, mostly leveraging the rudimentary knowledge of space engineering she had acquired naturally as a denizen of a space station until eventually being employed in a chemical research facility.

Thorough investigation has found no proof of many of Ms. Phillips' claims, however by that time she had already demonstrated that she does indeed have some form of experience with the maintenance and operation of various kinds of machinery. Her engineering skills have been thoroughly evaluated, and after passing the required tests, she was given maintenance technician certification.

During her four years working for Nanotrasen, she has received combat medic training, as her build makes her naturally suited for security work. So far, her versatile skill set has been a benefit to the corporation, however close monitoring is recommended due to the impossibility of a proper background check, as well as her status as an independent contractor.

Security Records:
Ms. Phillips has been suspected of trespassing and theft on multiple occasions, however no charges have ever been pressed, either due to the lack of direct proof, or the actions being taken in good faith and for the betterment of the station.

Ms. Phillips dossier is highly incomplete due to living on a failed planetoid colony - much of the information about her past cannot be verified. This uncertainty extends to the few years she has allegedly spent working in a chemical facility. During her combat training it became clear that she possesses some form of combat experience, though a number of bad habits suggests that it was most likely related to her past on the colony, and not any form of previous training. 

Due to a relative lack of verifiable information coupled with potentially dangerous skills, close monitoring is recommended. It is possible that Ms. Phillips has been approached by potentially dangerous organizations in the past, currently pending investigation.

Addendum: Excerpt from an interview log, 2565.01.29 [Clearance: Command, Security]

Spoiler

Interviewer 1: Do you know why you have been summoned here?

F.P.: I suppose I’m in trouble. But no, I have no idea why exactly.

Interviewer 2: An anonymous source has informed us that there is a chance you have been approached by individuals working with a rival company.

F.P.: [pause] Are you trying to tell me that you think I’m with the Syndicate now, after five years?

Interviewer 2: Whether it is the Syndicate or not is unconfirmed, as of now. But there is some reasonable suspicion that you might be compromised.

Interviewer 1: What did you do on the 14th of January?

F.P.: 14th of January… Hm, I had a few days off around that date. Went clubbing a few of those days. Is that what this is about?

Interviewer 2: Indeed. Does the name “Mirage” ring any bells?

F.P.: Yeah, that’s a club I’ve been to a few times. On an abandoned space station.

Interviewer 1: We believe that the club’s owners might be affiliated with a hostile corporation. What did you do there?

F.P.: [pause] My memories of that are somewhat hazy. I was drinking, obviously. As one does in a club. 

Interviewer 2: Do you remember talking to anyone in particular there?

F.P.: No.

Interviewer 2: Are you sure?

F.P.: [pause] Yes.

Interviewer 1: Why the hesitation?

F.P.: If I answered right away you’d consider that suspicious too, wouldn’t you?

Interviewer 1: [pause] Is it really wise to be mouthing off right now?

F.P.: Not what I intended it to sound like, I apologize. I’m not exactly comfortable right now.

Interviewer 2: That is understandable. Still, I implore you to choose your words carefully, Phillips. [pause] Did you leave the club alone?

F.P.: That’s… [chuckles] Well, I get the intention of this question. I did, yes. 

Interviewer 1: What is so funny?

F.P.: Nothing. As I said, I left the place alone. Stumbled into a space pod I’ve rented and set it to auto-pilot back home.

Interviewer 1: Back home… According to our files, you live alone in a modified personnel shuttle. Is that correct?

F.P.: Yeah. It’s tiny, but cozy.

Interviewer 1: I hope you realize how hard that makes it to verify any of your claims?

F.P.: Unfortunately, yes. But it doesn’t seem like you have any hard proof to the contrary, either. Which isn’t surprising, considering I’m telling the truth. [chuckles] My history with the company is good, no?

Interviewer 2: That is true. I suppose there is not much we can prove or disprove here, for now.

F.P.: Nor will there be, ever. 

Interviewer 1: We will be watching you, Phillips.

F.P.: I’m sure you will. Suits me. I’ve got nothing to hide.

[end of transcript]

Medical Records:

Note: Ms. Phillips might be unclonable due to a somewhat unstable genetic structure, as well as extensive implantation. Should this prove to be the case, alternative revival methods should be pursued.

Ms. Phillips has been given a NT model 8-C cybernetic heart transplant in the past after her original heart was damaged beyond repair due to injury caused by a Prince of Terror. She had refused the organ's replacement for a long time, citing its sentimental value, but was forced to undergo such a procedure due to the implant being rendered nonfunctional by an electromagnetic pulse. It has been replaced by a lab-grown, organic heart. Her left arm as well as eyes were damaged beyond repair by an explosion, and have likewise been replaced by cybernetics. The arm is a modified version of a generic off-brand model, while the eyes appear to be customized Cybersun Industries Series 7 ocular implants.

Her physical health is stellar in spite of having spent most of her life outside of planetary gravity, mostly due to her workout routine and extensive genetic modification. Her mental health is likewise good, although concerns have been raised about stress caused by overwork, as well as potential stimulant abuse.

Addendum: Excerpt from an interview log, 2564.11.03 [Clearance: Command, Medical]

Spoiler

Interviewer: I have some questions regarding your cybernetics.

F.P.: Yeah? Shoot.

Interviewer: This is mostly about the network of small implants scattered inside of your brain. We weren’t sure what they even were at first. 

F.P.: Ah, that. It’s from my previous job. They link up with my eyes and let me quickly read and understand diagnostic info from machines that contain the right transmitter. NT doesn’t seem to use that tech.

Interviewer: Indeed, the company doesn’t tend to require such invasive implants. Who did you work for previously, if you don’t mind me asking?

F.P.: Cybersun. It’s in my file.

Interviewer: [pause] I see. I suppose that’s obvious, considering your eyes’ branding. Another question. Considering your line of work, a cybernetic heart can easily become a liability. Would you like it replaced?

F.P.: No.

Interviewer: Are you sure?

F.P.: Yes.

Interviewer: May I ask why that is?

F.P.: An off-duty roboticist friend of mine saved my life by putting this heart in me after the original thing got messed up in an accident.

Interviewer: Your file did contain records of that… Well, it is your choice. Now, for the more boring questions...

Personnel Photo (Appearance text):
Once I have money I'll commission something. Have this until then: https://imgur.com/a/hnh8xgh
Standing tall at an imposing 195 cm (6'5), Fiona is toned and well-built, with a rather muscular frame. Her waist-length, platinum-blonde hair is fluffy and unkempt. Fiona's skin is clear, with an olive tone. Her face is somewhat sharp, with the most striking feature being the irises of her otherwise normal-looking eyes, which are obviously cybernetic and radiate with a soft, orange glow reminiscent of molten metal. Her left arm is cybernetic - it appears to be slightly battered, with some mismatching components and obvious signs of numerous repairs. It appears that she is missing about three-quarters of the original limb. She has a good posture, though an observant person could notice that she is not used to Earth-like gravity, though she still carries herself with light-hearted confidence. A few tiny scars, seemingly caused by small cuts, are visible on her body.

Typically, Fiona dresses quite plainly, with her most common outfit consisting of a grey tank-top shirt, a pair of regular black jeans, and black combat boots. Sometimes, she exchanges the tank-top for a leather jacket worn over a black sleeveless crop top. She often wears fingerless gloves to protect her hands while retaining dexterity. On occasion, mostly while exercising, she instead wears black track pants and sneakers, as well as an athletic sleeveless red crop top.

Edited by Woje
formatting; apparently she's 6'5 my conversion was wrong
  • Like 10

Ooooh fun, never knew she worked with Cybersun, kudos on going so in depth! Like the details about her being a bit genetically modified for space life, reminds me of the race on aurora station that are humans but need to wear a mobility harness to manage the gravity and take pain killers and blood regulators regularly, not that Id ever dare make the fatal mistake Fifi would be so frail of course. Also uh sorry if I've cloned you instead of SRing before didn't know you prefer, I discourage the use of SR on people who refuse cloning or as a default option as some people prefer to remain dead and SR removes the choice, guess with the DNR feature though I don't need to worry about that, do-ly noted will SR in the future, oh also you should try wearing an armband with a labeler used on it that says in all CAPS DO NOT CLONE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE SEEK OTHER REVIVAL OPTIONS FIRST, I've seen I think it was Kar-Ski? Do it to avoid being cloned as a vox. Anyways went on a tangent, loved the record though fun read and I love learning about peoples characters more!

• Like 1

Look at that subtle nuance of how crazy Fiona is, that in-depth lore and detailed descriptions on it, OH MY GOD, it even has Interview Logs.

1291103304_giphy(2).gif.ff02292d692e9891aafd2f22f20f4645.gif

(Loved learning that Fiona also lives on her own ship, we're both 'space trailer park trash')

Edited by CourierAsy
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliments. Nice to know there's people willing to read my drivel. I'm always worried I'm too verbose with stuff, had the same worry about the character bio I wrote a while ago, aswell. 

15 hours ago, Samman166 said:

Also uh sorry if I've cloned you instead of SRing before didn't know you prefer

I don't think you've ever successfully cloned me since I need to choose for that to happen, don't worry. If I actually die for long enough where it's a consideration I'm usually content to stay dead anyway. 

9 hours ago, CourierAsy said:

Loved learning that Fiona also lives on her own ship, we're both 'space trailer park trash'

I've made this exact same joke about Fiona both IC and OOC many times haha 

Edited by Woje
made an oopsie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use