AA's AMAA

Mmm actual question time.

Do you support "Improve, don't remove" or do you think that certain things aren't worth the time improving and should just be removed altogether?

• stunbaton 1

Just now, Coolrune206 said:

Do you support "Improve, don't remove" or do you think that certain things aren't worth the time improving and should just be removed altogether?

I am fucking tired of this being thrown around as a buzzphrase on the github to the point where I will actively call people out who throw this out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AffectedArc07 said:

I am fucking tired of this being thrown around as a buzzphrase on the github to the point where I will actively call people out who throw this out. 

when I first started playing, I thought that was a good saying. Then I realized that the people that said it usually were never intending to put in the time to improve it.

• Like 1

Yo, 

Cats or dogs? 

Would you rather say Pain au chocolat or Chocolatine ? (French debate and it is still very hard to convince everyone) 

(the picture below will help you to see what I meant) 

téléchargement.jpeg

Edited by MrChocolat
  • explodyparrot 1

4 minutes ago, MrChocolat said:

Yo, 

Cats or dogs? 

I have had both and I like both, they are nice pets

5 minutes ago, MrChocolat said:

Would you rather say Pain au chocolat or Chocolatine ? (French debate and it is still very hard to convince everyone) 

The former

• Like 1

Okay another one.
What is the stupidest feature of paracode and why?

Edited by Woje
justification also :p

11 minutes ago, Woje said:

Okay another one.
What is the stupidest feature of paracode and why?

Vox

In all seriousness, the dorms pool controller. It has no use unless someone emags it once per millennia, and used to cause horrific turf init issues 

• angryeyes 1
  • honk 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Just now, AffectedArc07 said:

In all seriousness, the dorms pool controller. It has no use unless someone emags it once per millennia, and used to cause horrific turf init issues 

I forget it exists 99% of the time lmao.

Okay and now the best.

1 hour ago, Woje said:

Okay and now the best.

Lack of TG bloat so we can actually sustain >60 players without running out of memory.

image.png.3a1a976d44ce3ece734f5597ef9753ec.png

image.png.26245c660fd0f766b6c853fb100345a7.png

For context, DD caps out at 1.8GB of RAM

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AffectedArc07 said:

Lack of TG bloat so we can actually sustain >60 players without running out of memory.

image.png.3a1a976d44ce3ece734f5597ef9753ec.png

image.png.26245c660fd0f766b6c853fb100345a7.png

For context, DD caps out at 1.8GB of RAM

Really stupid question, but is it possible to hex edit or patch the executable to force it to be large address aware (at least to the degree a 32-bit process will allow?) I'm assuming if it were possible, it'd be done already, but a lot of older games I play, people have found methods to force them to enable more RAM usage.

1 hour ago, Sonador said:

Really stupid question, but is it possible to hex edit or patch the executable to force it to be large address aware (at least to the degree a 32-bit process will allow?) I'm assuming if it were possible, it'd be done already, but a lot of older games I play, people have found methods to force them to enable more RAM usage.

There is a registry tweak you can do to allow it to use up to 4GB, but BYOND itself is only capable of addressing to 1.8GB, so the moment you go over that limit, you run into major stability issues and stuff starts to fall apart very quickly .

• Thanks 1

Have you considered using winrar to compress the memory itd put the extra CPU cores to good use and make smaller? itd be a good idea i think yeah

How optimistic are you about the current state of projects meant to replace byond? SS14 primarily, opendream I guess too

9 hours ago, Froststahr said:

Have you considered using winrar to compress the memory itd put the extra CPU cores to good use and make smaller? itd be a good idea i think yeah

Aahahahhahahahah

I wish

9 hours ago, Froststahr said:

How optimistic are you about the current state of projects meant to replace byond? SS14 primarily, opendream I guess too

I think they will co-exist, but never fully replace BYOND. Every server already has their foundations on BYOND, their existing code teams, their people with accounts, etc etc.

Switching to SS14 for example would invalidate our entire coder team and our maint team as its an entirely new lang. Opendream may get somewhere as it still uses DM, but I see that as like, the replacement for when BYOND kicks the bucket. 

• Like 1

If there was any one change / addition / deletion you could immediately implement into the codebase, what would it be and why? Ignoring factors like getting headmin approval or the development time / effort required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AzuleUtama said:

If there was any one change / addition / deletion you could immediately implement into the codebase, what would it be and why? Ignoring factors like getting headmin approval or the development time / effort required.

Getting all of our pending map edits in instantly

• Like 2

What are your favorite kinds of admin events to run? Do you like RP/Story stuff, giving the crew challenges, absolute chaos, or perhaps something else?

2 hours ago, Veterankyl said:

What are your favorite kinds of admin events to run? Do you like RP/Story stuff, giving the crew challenges, absolute chaos, or perhaps something else?

I dont run events 

1 hour ago, Krossarn said:

What do you like more. 
Playing the game or coding it?

It should really be the former, but at the moment it’s definitely the latter. I don’t like highpop so I just work on things on the side.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheSardele said:

How did you get into coding?

Believe it or not, this game. I wanted to contribute and DM is how I learned coding standards like OOP and other things which I use in every other language now.

Yes its archaic in places, but DM is actually kinda nice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robveelben said:

If someone would be interested into coding and they have 0 experience where would you suggest they start?

I would start on simple spelling fixes, then work your way into slightly more complex things 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use