AA's AMAA

Title says it all. Ask me almost anything. Questions I react to with a stunbaton wont be answered. You can ask about para history maintainer hell, hosting hell, other shit, etc etc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Qwertytoforty said:

Why did you want to host an AMAA?

Because I assume people would have weird questions to ask especially given 2017-era AA.

That and this is a good way to make it look like I am not at a total disconnect with the community

What is a mechanic or feature another server has, (that Paradise does not) that you really enjoy?
Clarification, it does not need to be a feature that would fit Paradise at all, but more of in the context of that server.

21 minutes ago, AffectedArc07 said:

questions to ask especially given 2017-era AA.

Ok. I'll bite. What was with you at that time? I wasn't around for that but come on. Who on the team hasn't skimmed the notes/bans?

(Not gonna lie though. I've humored the idea of doing one of these. But then I remember I'm boring.)

Straying into design discussion with this one, but how do you personally feel about the fact that a lot of balance decisions are made by people who don't really play actively, or "bridge hobo" when they do log in? What would your thoughts be on a system not too dissimilar to EVE online's CSM?

Also, Apple or Android?

Edited by S34N
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Denghis said:

What is a mechanic or feature another server has, (that Paradise does not) that you really enjoy?
Clarification, it does not need to be a feature that would fit Paradise at all, but more of in the context of that server.

I honestly really like TG nanites. It is a super cool feature (even though theres no way its coming here). The weird and wonderful things you can do with them makes for a really in depth and advanced system thats a lot of fun to tinker round with.

35 minutes ago, Esenno said:

Ok. I'll bite. What was with you at that time? I wasn't around for that but come on. Who on the team hasn't skimmed the notes/bans?

I was just not a mature individual at the time and was prone to being a complete and utter idiot. I had troubles in the past with holding grudges, but those issues are gone now and I am reformed. If I was still bad, well, I wouldn't be where I am now.

21 minutes ago, Trololiver112 said:

pineapple on pizza?

No. 

13 minutes ago, S34N said:

Straying into design discussion with this one, but how do you personally feel about the fact that a lot of balance decisions are made by people who don't really play actively, or "bridge hobo" when they do log in?

This is a very mixed bag and not sure if I can give a coherent answer, but I tend to trust other people's balance views over my own (I rarely vote on balance changes unless its super obvious that its overpowered and awful). 

14 minutes ago, S34N said:

What would your thoughts be on a system not too dissimilar to EVE online's CSM?

We did have a design team eons ago but it is unlikely that it will ever return, and I dont feel qualified to make such a decision. 

15 minutes ago, S34N said:

Also, Apple or Android?

May come as a shock, but I use an iphone. The OS just feels nicer and less clunky for me, backups are easier to manage, the rest of my family has iphones which means I don't have to buy apps twice, not to mention use imessage to message them over wifi, and in general I just prefer the iOS user experience to the android one.

PC wise, windows for life. I used linux for a bit but it turned out to be an awful experience, and in regards to mac OS, you could not pay me to use that abomination.

19 minutes ago, SabreML said:

How's your coffee addiction going, if that's not too personal a question?

Theres a bit of a story of events here.

About a month ago from today, I became ill (not with covid), which meant I had to be careful with what I ate to avoid throwing up. Leading up to this point, I had been having about 5 coffees a day. Going from that daily intake to complete cold turkey, and an illness, had me bed-ridden for 3 days straight where I could not even stand up. Sidenote during this point, the perfect server for hosting came up (the one we are using right now), but I couldn't even get out of bed, so I had to guide neca through purchasing it from my phone while sounding absolutely dead inside.

I have recovered since and I stayed off of coffee for 2 weeks, however now I am having about a cup or 2 a day, but no way in hell am I going back to where I was before. Being bed-ridden for 3 days and unable to even stand up was not a joyful experience in the slightest, and I would not recommend anyone go through what I did.

Sustaining on 5 a day was fine while it was happening, but I knew at some point, I would end up having a harsh break from it, and boy did I have one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charliminator said:

If you could give one piece of advice to all contributers, what would it be?

Ask heads and maints if a feature you are thinking about is actually wanted before putting large amounts of time and effort into it just to be closed. This seems like a no brainer but you would be surprised at how often people do things without asking, then get upset they wasted their time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shadeykins said:

moths?

I dont have a problem with them but youll need to convince the rest of leadership

• Like 1
  • fastparrot 2
  • explodyparrot 3

Would you prefer to port features or sprites from other servers or for Paradise to develop more of its own original/unique(albeit harder) gamemodes, features, looks, etc. Obviously it may be a combination of both but which of the two do you think we need to do more of?

And on top of that, of the various features we have on Paradise what game avenues do you think needs or could use a lot more development/work?

22 minutes ago, Sirryan2002 said:

Would you prefer to port features or sprites from other servers or for Paradise to develop more of its own original/unique(albeit harder) gamemodes, features, looks, etc. Obviously it may be a combination of both but which of the two do you think we need to do more of?

Sprites are a mixed bag and I have no real opinion on them. Feature-wise, I want us to have OC to stand out from the rest of the hub because I dont want us turning into "TG clone number 72". I think we need more OC in general but I dont know where to start with that

23 minutes ago, Sirryan2002 said:

And on top of that, of the various features we have on Paradise what game avenues do you think needs or could use a lot more development/work?

I want more variety in station goals and other modes so we have more things to do and stuff wont feel as samey, but perhaps I am just jaded 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dearmochi said:

How do you like your bacon cooked?

Until it starts to become slightly crispy

5 hours ago, Vargh said:

Moths when?

WYCI

5 hours ago, Skysorrow said:

Nuggets, Tenders, or Fries? (Chicken or otherwise)

No real preference

58 minutes ago, LiberatedWaveMan said:

Worst/most cursed PR you've ever had to review?

Sorry for the late response, I dug through my entire PR stack, and I have narrowed it down to 2

Cursed by design: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/15539

Cursed by complexity: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/15331

• clown 1
  • honk 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use