May Wiki Update

Sirryan2002

Hey everyone!

Development of the wiki is a bit less vigorous than last month, however, our work has been less cleaning up/fixing and more expansionary. Now that most outstanding issues have been addressed, many of our contributors have begun branching out and improving on the quality of content in our articles.

First and foremost, What needs to be done on the Wiki:

May Change Log:

• All Medical Pages have been updated and cleaned up thanks to @Woje
  • Numerous Grammatical/Phrasing/Spelling corrections thanks to @PopeDaveThe3th
  • Jobs table template added to Maintenance drone
  • Higher resolution images on Station goals
  • Confusing information removed from Swarmer
  • Guide to hydroponics has been updated in accordance with PR #15870
  • All genre pages have been transcluded into a collapsible section on the bottom of Songs
    • You can now CTRL-F search ALL songs on the wiki again.
    • Essentially this abstracts the wikicode for song genres onto different articles so the songs page is still editable and all songs are still properly categorized while still retaining the previous functionality of a central song page *breathe*
  • Template:Materials has been created
    • you can now create a materials list(with images) with ease
  • RecursiveChem/Universal_Enzyme has been added to the Guide to Chemistry
  • someone translated the beginning of the virology page to spanish and then back to english for some reason, that's been fixed
  • the current year on Timeline now automatically increments by one every calendar year
  • Supermatter Engine no longer gives terrible advice
    • Optimized setup reccomendation has been added
    • More information on gas mixes/coolants has been added
  • Research Items now has all items added, plus materials and research levels, all with images and it's cleanely condensed into tabs
    • thanks to @Quacks the page now looks fantastic
    • this took a week or two and required 100+ sprites to be uploaded :O
  • Rule clarification in High-Risk Items
  • All references to the Asteroid have finally been culled from the wiki(except in archived pages of course)
  • All songs have finished being alphabetized and sorted thanks to @SurfinNinja
  • Additionally a 100 or so miscellaneous sprites have been reuploaded(or uploaded) in higher quality thanks to @Quacks
  • Rescaling gifs no longer throws errors thanks to @AffectedArc07

Projects in the Work:

• Lore Project is slowly but surely inching closer to being ready to start
    • I need to work on a few more templates and stuff
  • Images on the wiki are slowly but surely all being updated to be 64x64
  • At some point I would like to see all location page images be updated so that windows are fulltile but that's more a QOL thing and not 100% necessary to do unless someone feels up to the task
  • The looks of templates/articles/tables on the wiki may been rebranded soon
    • I'm playing around with new color palates and template looks
    • colors will be standardized and proper hue shifting will be implemented
  • Guide to Editing the Wiki needs to be updated   (admin stuff, I'll likely get to this in the coming month)
    • I will hopefully be expanding this so that there are proper tutorials to learn sprite upscaling, creating proper location images, how to use wiki syntax, and more
    • I will try and integrate(and split up) my current syntax guide in my user page for this

Echoing my sentiments from my previous update, we're really starting to get past the cleanup phase, I don't doubt that more issues will get discovered down the road, but the worst offenders have already been taken care of. Now we're starting to address more over arching problems that deal with inconsistency, bad advice, and just poor informational material in article contents.

I really want to start taking our wiki to the next level. I've consistently said that we're catching up with Baystation's wiki but that is no longer true anymore, we're exceeding it. As it stands, we are the most up to date wiki across the SS13 community. Baystation's wiki is still a place where I source valuable ideas and design concepts however it also serves as a warning for what not to do in terms of wiki administration, orginization, and community involvement. I want our wiki to be truly unique in terms of looks, style, and quality of content. In doing that, my intention is still that the development of our wiki continues to stay transparent as well as completely open to any community members who wishes to share their talents or knowledge.

If you want to get involved with editing the wiki and don't know how, @ me on the discord and I'll happily sit down and teach you stuff when I get the chance. I hope to continue doing this every month. Here is a syntax guide for those who are curious

As always, thanks for the hard work everyone!

Edited by Sirryan2002
rescaling gifs thing
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sirryan2002 said:

Now that most outstanding issues have been addressed

Is there still server side shit thats broke or did I get that 

2 minutes ago, AffectedArc07 said:

Is there still server side shit thats broke or did I get that 

https://paradisestation.org/wiki/index.php/Singularity_Engine#Turning_on_the_engine

Error creating thumbnail: /bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale 
(en_US.utf8) convert: invalid colormap index `/var/www/html/wiki/images/6/64/Containment_field.gif' 
@ error/colormap-private.h/ConstrainColormapIndex/35. Error code: 1

Edited by Sirryan2002

Update: Gifs now rescale properly and the above issue is fixed. I needed to make the wiki code work with en_GB instead of en_US because I installed the UK language because I use a UK keyboard and I am not having my @ sign be in a stupid place. 

• Like 3

Now that Map Rotation is merged, I am coding all location pages to support Delta and Meta. I will need help uploading the images for the areas though. It could take a week or two to iron this all out.

If anyone's wondering, Delta is priority right now, so focus on those images first. Then Meta. After that, since we're in the swing of updating everything we can go ahead and finish updating Box locations so they're all full-tile window images.

Edited by Sirryan2002
bruh moment
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use