Character Bio - Fiona Phillips

Viz

For Fiona's detailed records, go here.

First Name: Fiona

Last Name: Phillips

Orientation: Bisexual

Nicknames/Alias: Most people call her Fio, Fi, or Fifi (though she hates that last one)

Picture(If Available)
i'm poor and can't afford that right now, here's some heroforge models to give you an idea leave me alone aah
https://imgur.com/a/hnh8xgh

Age/D.O.B: 
Exact DoB unclear, 24 years old

Species: 
Human, genetically modified for deep space habitation.

Blood Type: B+

Place Of Birth: 
A mining colony on G1618-X1634, a planetoid located in the debris field around Groombridge 1618, about 16 ly away from Sol

Alignment: 
Are we really doing DnD alignments? I guess Chaotic Neutral. She is egoistic, but not actively malicious, and while she understands the value of order, she will only obey rules as long as it's convenient for her.

Affiliation: 
Nanotrasen - Employee
Cybersun Industries - Former employee

Religious Beliefs: 
Agnostic

Detailed Information
Appearance:

Spoiler

Standing tall at an imposing 195 cm (6'5), Fiona is toned and well-built, with a rather muscular frame. Her waist-length, platinum-blonde hair is fluffy and unkempt. Fiona's skin is clear, with an olive tone. Her face is somewhat sharp, with the most striking feature being the irises of her otherwise normal-looking eyes, which are obviously cybernetic and radiate with a soft, orange glow reminiscent of molten metal. Her left arm is cybernetic - it appears to be slightly battered, with some mismatching components and obvious signs of numerous repairs. It appears that she is missing about three-quarters of the original limb. She has a good posture, though an observant person could notice that she is not used to Earth-like gravity, though she still carries herself with light-hearted confidence. A few tiny scars, seemingly caused by small cuts, are visible on her body.

Typically, Fiona dresses quite plainly, with her most common outfit consisting of a grey tank-top shirt, a pair of regular black jeans, and black combat boots. Sometimes, she exchanges the tank-top for a leather jacket worn over a black sleeveless crop top. She often wears fingerless gloves to protect her hands while retaining dexterity. On occasion, mostly while exercising, she instead wears black track pants and sneakers, as well as an athletic sleeveless red crop top.

Character Voice:
Fiona's voice is quite deep and sometimes slighly raspy, partially due to her smoking habits. Her accent is somewhat odd and hard to place, though it does suggest she speaks Gutter as her first language.

Personality:

Spoiler

Fiona is a very direct, carefree, and sometimes impolite person, and could be described as a tomboy. She speaks informally, and often refuses to treat her superiors differently than she would anyone else. Fiona harbors a dislike for authority, though simultaneously recognizes its value. She is quite selfish, prioritizing herself above everyone else to a significant degree, though at many times she has deviated from this, and shown quite a lot of care for those she considers valuable. She has a fondness for parties, drinking, smoking, and occasionally drugs, especially stimulants. While working, she tends to stick to the letter of her contract, and refuses to do anything she is not paid for.

Medical Records:

Spoiler

Note: Ms. Phillips might be unclonable due to a somewhat unstable genetic structure, as well as extensive implantation. Should this prove to be the case, alternative revival methods should be pursued.

Ms. Phillips has been given a NT model 8-C cybernetic heart transplant in the past after her original heart was damaged beyond repair due to injury caused by a Prince of Terror. She had refused the organ's replacement for a long time, citing its sentimental value, but was forced to undergo such a procedure due to the implant being rendered nonfunctional by an electromagnetic pulse. It has been replaced by a lab-grown, organic heart. Her left arm as well as eyes were damaged beyond repair by an explosion, and have likewise been replaced by cybernetics. The arm is a modified version of a generic off-brand model, while the eyes appear to be customized Cybersun Industries Series 7 ocular implants.

Her physical health is stellar in spite of having spent most of her life outside of planetary gravity, mostly due to her workout routine and extensive genetic modification. Her mental health is likewise good, although concerns have been raised about stress caused by overwork, as well as potential stimulant abuse.

Employment Records:

Spoiler

According to her own testimony, Ms. Phillips has experience with most basic space station equipment due to being born on a planetoid mining colony. After leaving the planetoid at the age of 15, she had briefly worked odd jobs, mostly leveraging the rudimentary knowledge of space engineering she had acquired naturally as a denizen of a space station until eventually being employed in a chemical research facility.

Thorough investigation has found no proof of many of Ms. Phillips' claims, however by that time she had already demonstrated that she does indeed have some form of experience with the maintenance and operation of various kinds of machinery. Her engineering skills have been thoroughly evaluated, and after passing the required tests, she was given maintenance technician certification.

During her four years working for Nanotrasen, she has received combat medic training, as her build makes her naturally suited for security work. So far, her versatile skill set has been a benefit to the corporation, however close monitoring is recommended due to the impossibility of a proper background check, as well as her status as an independent contractor.

Security Records:

Spoiler

Ms. Phillips has been suspected of trespassing and theft on multiple occassions, however no charges have ever been pressed, either due to the lack of direct proof, or the actions being taken in good faith and for the betterment of the station.

Ms. Phillips dossier is highly incomplete due to living on a failed planetoid colony - much of the information about her past cannot be verified. This uncertainty extends to the few years she has allegedly spent working in a chemical facility. During her combat training it became clear that she possesses some form of combat experience, though a number of bad habits suggests that it was most likely related to her past on the colony, and not any form of previous training. 

Due to a relative lack of verifiable information coupled with potentially dangerous skills, close monitoring is recommended. It is possible that Ms. Phillips has been approached by potentially dangerous organizations in the past, currently pending investigation.

Character Biography
Family:
As the colony she hails from is now defunct, its atmospherics system fully broken, it is unlikely that she has any surviving family members. She does, however, consider one person her sibling.

Background:

Spoiler

Born to a single mother on a planetoid mining colony orbiting a star outside of Trans-Solar Federation's jurisdiction, Fiona had quite a hard childhood. The colony, established not long after the discovery of plasma, has been rendered useless over forty years ago - twenty years before Fiona's birth - by Nanotrasen's monopoly on much more affordable sources of the exotic material. Because of that, the colony slowly descended into chaos, and by the time of Fiona's birth, was ruled mostly by gangs. 

Homeschooled by her mother, a ship navigator left behind on the planetoid by her crew, Fiona learned a lot about the various cultures of Earth, and especially their mythologies. She also expressed quite a lot of interest in astronomy, though did not manage to learn much about the topic, as her mother died when Fiona was ten. Desperate but resourceful, she resorted to earning her living by working for various gangs, smuggling packages through the colony's winding maintenance tunnels. This was, of course, highly unsafe - the station's failing atmospherics system caused CO2 to build up in deeper tunnels, and giant spiders bred in the labyrinthine corridors. Nonetheless, she had managed to survive this lifestyle intact for five years, until one of the packages she was transporting exploded, destroying her left arm and leaving her mostly blind. 

After spending all of the money she had on faulty, improperly installed cybernetics, Fiona realized that to survive, she had to find a way off the colony. Luckily for her, a freighter soon docked with the station for repairs due to an FTL malfunction. Recognizing a chance to turn her life around, Fiona snuck into the ship's cargo hold and hid there. By the time the ship's crew found her, the freighter had already left the colony, and thus Fiona was safe. The ship's crew punished her by forcing her to clean the ship's engineering section - an opportunity in disguise, as she managed to bond with the freighter's engineers, learning things that would become useful to her in years to come.

A few months later, the freighter finally made another stop, at what appeared to be some form of chemical facility owned by Cybersun Industries. Soon, Fiona learned that the station's existence was in fact confidential, and she would not be allowed to leave with that knowledge in mind. With nothing better to do, she decided to apply for an internship at the facility, which she managed to accomplish, albeit barely, thanks to the few months of experience assisting the engineers on the freighter. Fiona's employment at Cybersun lasted two years, after which the site was abandoned, and at last, Fiona was truly free. She soon landed a job at Nanotrasen, as a low-level maintenance technician.

In pursuit of higher pay, Fiona initially turned to working on Lavaland after being assigned to Epsilon Eridani, leveraging her knowledge of machinery, as well as her imposing stature. During this time, she discovered her knack for combat, and decided to acquire further training in that direction, initially with the intention of becoming a member of an ERT, a combat medic in particular. She scored decently high in her training, but ultimately did not pursue such a career, knowing that she was not exactly popular with her supervisors due to her liberal interpretation of orders. Instead, she decided to use her newly acquired training for independent contract work, mostly on various stations owned by Nanotrasen, but slowly branching out over time to include other employers.

Personal Relationships

Spoiler

Aleister Burnwood - Friend, respected
“Aleister’s a good coworker and friend. He’s competent, funny, and even kind of sweet at times. Honestly, Jade’s a lucky woman.”

Angel Anide - Friend
“That woman’s damn crazy, but in a good way. I’d party with her.”

Anton Fasani - Friend
“Our pasts are similar in many ways, but we’re quite different. He’s a good guy, and I love the drinks he mixes. The hair’s ridiculous though.” 

AR-1A - Friend
“She’s very… direct. But, I don’t hate that about her. She’s got some real interesting stories due to her age, though you couldn’t tell with the cute new chassis she’s got recently.”

Autumn Aggley - Good friend
“Autumn’s a bit off her rocker, but generally a great gal - supportive, smart, and adorable. No wonder she’s got so many friends. Her love life’s worse than some bottom of the barrel romance VNs I’ve played, though. I’ve given up on tryin’ to give her advice on that one, especially since I’ve got no idea what I’m talkin’ about.”

Bubblegum - Good friend, respected
“Bubbles is a prime example of how evil all the corpos truly are. Hope he gets out of that debt at some point. Few folks who know as much as he does. I respect him a lot… Even if he’s child-sized and pink. It’s kinda adorable, honestly.” 

Calator NT-Ex - Friend
“We’ve known each other a pretty long time. He used to be my pAI before he got that janky chassis of his. He knows lotsa interesting things thanks to his past, and he’s fun to be around, even if he’s nosy as hell.

C.A.S - Acquaintance
“Her innocence’s adorable, but it also makes her real fuckin’ dumb. I like her!”

Cade Prescott - Friend
“I like Cade, but she’s a wimpy mess of a person. That’s on top of her awful health. One day she’ll get in trouble with no one to babysit her. Let’s just hope she grows a spine then.” 

Cardiox Nazaar - Friend, respected
“I have no idea what’s going on in his head. He’s extremely fun. Looks can be deceiving though - this guy’s a damn genius. A mad scientist if there’s ever been one."

Cat Lopez - Friend
“Right, my former roomie! We haven’t seen each other that much lately, but I still consider her a great friend.”

Celise - Friend
“She’s kind and sweet. Love being ‘round her. But as adorable as it is, her habit of becoming a puddle on the floor can’t be safe…”

Chikitita - Friend
“Competent, fun, and very kind. But she’s got no common sense. I don’t even know where to begin.”

D.A.N - Disliked
“I don’t even know you, but you keep talkin’ to me about my habits. It’s like you want to be recycled.”

Edroy Denidard - Friend
“Edroy’s nice, good to talk to, and really fun to tease. I wanna hang out with him more.”

Embrace of the Blazing Stars - Friend, feared
“They say that everyone goes nuts down there on Lavaland, eventually. Embrace’s a great example of that. They seem to live only to hunt. I just hope they never snap. I could never take ‘em on.”

Flick Stroh - Acquaintance
“He’s kinda shady. The kinda guy I expect to see while doin’ contracts in border systems. He certainly knows his shit. I wonder how he got those arms of his...”

Francisco Unk - Disliked
“The annoyance of Pearls with none of the positives.”

Freya Raan - Friend
“Poor kid. Still healing after surviving a bombing. I can sympathize with her, even if I didn’t get quite as affected by my own IED ‘adventure’... I just hope she gets over it eventually. She’s kind, smart, and adorable. I want to be her friend.”

G.O.R.D.O.N - Acquaintance
“I like him, but the remarks… Is he mockin’ me? Does he wanna become a toaster? I can do that.”

Hannah Ackerman - Disliked
“Don’t lay a hand on Tidal again. Pulling glass shards out of your back will be the least of your worries.”

Hichi-ki - Acquaintance
“A real nice Vox. I don’t know ‘em really well, but I do like talking to ‘em.”

H.O.W.D.Y - Acquaintance
“He’s… interesting. It’s funny to see how weird sentient machines can get.”

Idunn Raan - Friend, respected
“I like and respect her a lot. In some ways… maybe look up to her. But she needs to learn to chill out. How can someone so much older than me not understand that there’s no ‘heroes’, and they aren’t one?”

Jacklyn Frost - Acquaintance
“The snow globe head is… an interesting look. She’s rich as hell. Why does she even work here?”

Jacob Pearls - Friend, respected
“He’s reliable. Don’t hate that ‘bout him. Even if he’s annoyin’ as shit, and very punchable.”

Jae-hyun Park - Acquaintance
“He’s nice enough. But seriously, what’s up with that carp costume?”

Jade Burnwood - Good friend
“She’s one of my best friends, and we’ve been through a lot. I know I can rely on her with how smart and competent she is. Great cook, glad she uh, tolerates my takes on food. She’s also pretty. Aleister’s a lucky man.”

Jake Charonic - Acquaintance, disliked
“He might seem stupid at a glance, but if ya get to know him, you’ll realize he’s even dumber than that. Workin’ with this dumbass makes me feel like I’m part of a comedy duo. I hate that he’s actually competent when he needs to be.”

Jim (the clown) - Acquaintance, respected
“Well, at least one of them is actually funny.”

Jim Tate - Friend
“Kind old man. I love listenin’ to his stories.”

John Andersson - Friend
“One of the first people I’ve met working for NT. He’s awkward, but it’s not a big deal. I enjoy hangin’ out with him.“

Letov Tarasovich - Friend, respected
“He deserves better. He’s good to talk to, funny, and wise. You just gotta crack his shell.”

Llinos Owen - Acquaintance
“What the FUCK do you MEAN you don’t use plates? Why do I get called a goblin?”

Lucina Ling - Friend
“I still remember our ‘Three Musketeers’ thing we’ve had with Sylvie. Even if we’ve grown apart a bit, I still think you’re a great friend. I’d love to catch up.”

Magnus Lloyd - Disliked
“Call me a gorilla again and I’ll act the part and snap your spine.”

Matt Malvor - Friend, respected
“As dependable as they get. Real veteran. Few people I respect more.”

Michael Bovine - Friend
“I like Bovine, he’s fun to party with. But, uh. It’s kinda sad to look at him trying to look cooler than he is.”

Moi - Acquaintance, respected
“She’s a hardass. Too much of a hardass a lot of the time. But I can’t help but respect her.”

Nine - Acquaintance, respected
“Nine... confuses me a lot. Thought he’s just another crazy robot, but… There’s more to it. What does it mean to be ‘human’?”

Piper Abernathy - Friend
"What a cute and fun gal! Hope we get to talk more. It’s so rare to see such a skilled barber.”

Plash - Acquaintance
“Ah yes, Cade’s babysitter… I respect her, she’s skilled and interesting… But her fashion sense…”

Praxis Chalier - Acquaintance, respected
“I have no idea if Nanotrasen’s HR has no idea what they’re doin’, or if they know exactly what they’re doin’. I’ve got no idea how this guy’s allowed to command entire stations, but he’s damn good at it… Do the drugs actually help with that?”

Rivera Kirkland - Friend
“Kinda witty, fun to talk to, and really good at her job. I can’t even imagine how hard it must be to live with that amnesia thing. Just what exactly has she been through…?”

Saki Kobayashi - Friend, complicated
“She’s good to talk to, but... she’s also an NT bootlicker. I hate that. Can’t have everything, I guess.”

Sara Holloway - Acquaintance
“I don’t know her that much yet, but I really want to. Seems nice so far!”

Scarlet Einholve - Good friend
“We’ve had some good talks. I like her a lot. She’s also really fun to tease.”

SERAPH - Friend
“That thing’s interesting, but also kinda scary, in a way. What exactly is she? How many others like her are out there? What are they capable of? And… why do they need all that information they’re gathering?”

Shu Shyzalu - Friend
“Shu’s a funny one. Always nice to be around. Dorky, yes, but also very nice.”

Sizzle - Acquaintance, respected
“Sizzle... The more I know about him, the less I understand. I respect how competent he is, but I guess every genius is at least a lil’ crazy. Or, very crazy.”

Sylvie Solea - Good friend
“She’s a lovely friend. We’ve been through a lot together. I don’t see her a lot nowadays, but she’s always gonna be important to me.”

Teufel Eckzahn - Friend
“Pretty nice guy. Seems he thinks he's more important than in reality, though...”

Tidal Kirkland - Good friend, sibling
“To think after all these years I’d find someone that I could relate to this much... I’m thankful. I’ll do all I can to make sure they’re happy.”

Toobenreshi - Acquaintance, respected
“Poor guy. I’m not sure what’s wrong with him… Is it all the cloning? He seems nice most of the time, and he’s got a decent head on his shoulders. Though he does have that dorky way of talking that a lot of Greys seem to have.”

V.I.V.I 7 - Good friend
“An old friend. Good one, at that. But man, is that blue theme she’s got goin’ on a reference to how moody she is?”

V.I.V.I 9 - Friend
“Conspiracy nuts are always funny. I like her, even if she’s totally insane.”

Wendy Anderson - Acquaintance
“Roboticists tend to be at least a bit fuckin’ crazy, but she’s mostly alright. Her story is interesting. I like talkin’ with her.”

Xrimqiu Qrxuq - Friend
“Love hangin’ out with her! She’s really fun and cute. And knows how to dress well!”

Zouri Essouser - Friend, respected
“Zouri’s badass. I look up to her. She’s been through some shit, but that has not slowed ‘er down.”

Zuixzo, Soldier Of Clan Zarlan - Acquaintance
“We haven’t talked that much, but Zuixzo seems pretty damn cool. That sword’s a good look. I respect warriors.”

Faction Relations

Spoiler

Cybersun Industries - Dislike
"A megacorporation like any other... They're just more honest about their practices."

Elysium Republic - Hate
"I don't hate their views on authority. But I can't accept the rest of them."

Nanotrasen - Hate
"Their working conditions are decent all things considered... But only because corpos like it made the bar low. The tragedy of G1618-X1634 is unknown to most, but I will not forget it."

Prospero Order - Hate
"There's only one proper end for a slaver. I'll gladly be the one pulling the trigger."

The Syndicate - Neutral
"Buncha mercs and other such people. They're in it for the money. No different than any other paramilitary thing."

Trans-Solar Federation - Dislike
"Tyrants. Their only saving grace is that most others are even worse."

USSP - Dislike
"These people are not free. They will never be."

Other Information
Place of habitation:

Spoiler

dreamseeker_XbKCBToRu8.png.d3b4d8bc31c4e21f5858cb3047d82b14.png

Fiona lives onboard her private shuttle, SCR-FT "Brynhildr". She acquired the shuttle from a smuggler friend who needed to get rid of it. She has since made some modifications, including repurposing most of the smuggling compartments into spaces for various machinery, such as gravity generators (usually held at 0.4 G, as this is close to what she knows from her homeworld), as well as a FTL drive installed by Bubblegum in exchange for Fiona lending him money at multiple occasions prior. The shuttle is rather fast, owing to its past as a blockade runner. The windows have not always been present - Fiona had them added due to her fondness for stargazing. Each window panel has an armored shutter which can be closed to avoid damage or seal a breach. The closet in Fiona's bedroom contains her outerwear, including some of the gear she uses at work. Most of her gear and firearms are stored in an underfloor safe located in front of the drawer. The kitchen is rather simple, with just a microwave oven, as well as an electric stove that is normally hidden under the counter. Her fridge contains mostly TV dinners and other junk food, and the same is the case for her cupboard, occupied mostly by snacks and cup ramen. Her medical supplies, aside from some gauze, ointments, and basic medication, include a bottle of dubiously legal stimulant pills, which she occasionally uses to stay awake due to her unhealthy work habits.

Favorite drink:
Fiona drinks mostly water when exercising, but is a big fan of milk and other dairy products, as well as sodas, coke in particular. Her favorite alcoholic drink is Fernet Cola, followed closely by White Russian. She also likes Thirteen Loko quite a lot. She usually drinks her coffee black, though she is a big fan of Mocha, as she fondly remembers mixing instant coffee with cocoa powder found in military rations.

Favorite food:
Fiona does not have any favorite food. Her palate is a crime against humanity due to having eaten bland food for most of her life. She thus subsists on TV dinners, takeout food, and protein shakes. Fiona often adds hot sauce to things - she had eaten mostly nutrient paste for most of her life, before being exposed to "real food" for the first time in a cafeteria while working for Cybersun. What follows is that her bar for food has always been very low, which caused her to become amazed by hot sauce packets found in rations consumed by her during her combat training.

Enlighten me as to what else I should put here

Edited by Woje
updated 2021.10.07
  • Like 11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use