King Arthur#3021

CKEY (BYOND username):

s34nw

Characters you play in-game:

Llinos Owen, Mint

Link to the list of PRs you've done:

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pulls/S34NW

Link to the list of PR reviews you've done:

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is:open reviewed-by:S34NW

Link to any other examples of your PR work (e.g. on other codebases) to give us an idea for your skill as a PR author:

I only contribute to paradise currently

Link to any other examples of your review work (e.g: on other codebases) to give us an idea of your abilities as a PR reviewer:

As above.

What do you think the most common issue is for PRs submitted to Paradise, and why?

Feature PRs being made that seemingly have not had any attempt at understanding if the community or head team want their feature. On the whole, the PRs submitted are fine, but you can see some that crop up where a user has clearly thought of something and rushed to implement it without asking if this is a wanted feature or not. It also ties into the fact that some PRs are poorly thought out, and affect balance in ways that the community would not want.

If you could make one single change to our coding guidelines, what would it be?

Under the Specifications category, I would request that users spell-check/proofread their code and content before submitting. This seems like a ludicrous thing to ask of people since it should be obvious, however, most PRs are submitted without this being done, leading to many grammatical and spelling issues that have to be corrected by other members of the community. Reminding users to proofread their code might be enough to prompt some to do this and lessen the burden on others to fix their poor spelling.

Additional notes:

While many know me for making grammar reviews (something I feel is important to ensure the ongoing quality of our codebase, because shoddy grammar and spelling in a game is a mark of poor quality.) I do not wish for this to be my sole distinguishing trait. There are infinite amounts of people who will be more talented than me in DM coding, however I have the desire and ability to continue learning, and intend to continue reviewing PRs and learning more regardless of my status. At the end of the day, I love paradise and wish for it to be as good as possible, and I will persist in contributing to the maximum extent possible.

Edited by S34N
  • Like 1
  • fastparrot 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use