Shipbreaker Job

Blargenth

So I love the game Hardspace: Ship breaker. And I know that their is already a way for us to get resources (mining) but what about a decommission/salvage job? You have a big ship sitting in a drydock that has to be scrapped. Give the scrappers tools, hardsuits, access to upgrades like jetpacks and mining tools. And have them break it down for parts for the station.

• Like 2

Ive had this idea to, have it be a random ship design, proper hazards, things to find etc.

If they break down the ship properly, they can fax CC for a new one.

Ahhh...a man can dream, but i doubt this will become a thing.

This has already been suggested actually, believe it or not: 

The biggest issue really is that it would take a lot of work to implement it. It's possible, but someone needs to be pretty dedicated to the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard the SS14 guys have floated the possibility of an on-station shipbreaker/ruin salvager job as a replacement for mining so that there isn't a large contingent of people outside of the station at all times. I've got to agree with that chain of logic. I'd actually like to see it replace mining if we could somehow figure out how to keep it engaging, and ideally, if we could figure out how to involve multiple departments with things like having sec clear out simplemobs, science making breaching charges, cargo ordering crates full of niche and situational supplies, etc.

This is a moonshot level project though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use