ImageMagick Issues

Sirryan2002

@Kyet@AffectedArc07

I know you guys are understandably busy so I'm putting this in a forum post so you can get to it when it's convenient.

The image service MW uses is called Image Magick and it apparently struggles to properly resize .gif files occasionally, namely File:Containment_field.gif. This produces this error message(on the article weirdly enough) when you attempt to reference that file and has not gone away in a couple months.

Error creating thumbnail: convert: invalid colormap index
`/var/www/html/wiki/images/6/64/Containment_field.gif' @ 
error/colormap-private.h/ConstrainColormapIndex/35. Error code: 1

I cannot pinpoint the exact problem b/c I do not have access to our server files but it has something to do with the temporary image folder that MW uses. I don't know the exact solution but there were a few notable PHP setting fixes that were discussed here and seemed to work.

This is not extremely pressing but I just wanted to bring it to your guy's attention.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

@AffectedArc07 today on what's wrong with ImageMagick, we have another funky error! Much like we couldn't resize gifs, we can't resize jpegs.

Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `JPEG' 
@ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/572. convert: no images defined `/tmp/transform_dffad8e505d3.jpeg' 
@ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3322. Error code: 1

From my research it looks like native ImageMagick does not come with a library for supporting JPEGs because it's old and stupid.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/211627/how-to-add-support-for-the-jpeg-image-format seems to be an example of the same issue we're having and it looks like it can be solved by installing a library straight into our current IM software. Not extraordinarily pressing because I'm working on converting or deleting whats left of the jpegs on the wiki into pngs but it would be nice not to have to deal with this in the future or if we ever have to use jpegs for some reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use