Implementing some systems from tg station

Wikimody

I realy often read tg wiki since it is much beter in terms of tips and statistics. It is other code base but i for example got to know that fire suit and helmet stops presure damage or that botanist can use duratreath to make armor jumpsuits (+ this is only  way to get statistics of armor even if not entirly rigt it gives some idea). Whyle doing it I read some things abaut system they hawe and i wanted to ask for implementing 3 things i read abaut (there are more adwance but other codbase already hawe it so it can help).

First and thing that i thing is most dificult to implement is TG station adwance atmos. 

Atmosferic technitian as it stands is a realy boring job. I saw people doing triple supermater or termal generator but other that that only thing you can do is power turbine and make beter (at least i thing it is beter) mixs for flamtrower. I tryed once to replase whole station air to pure oxygen what shows how litle is there to do as atmosferic technisian.

Tg has whole gas making system that wodl give atmos somfing to do over long shifts. Making beter oxygen tanks, doing stimulating tanks with some gases, making more usful flamtrowers. Those things wodl be good fun i thing and wodnt be to unbalance since ony thing atmos is good as traitor now is making plasma fires with im quit sure wodl get me baned if i ever use it. (maibe more aces with less suspition since air alarms are evrywere but this is not a point whot im talking abaut)

Now system 2 i want to ask for inplementation chems factory. It is under "Guide to plumbing" on tg wiki and i thing it is intresting idea that wodl alow chemicysts at cost of long setup time make there job much esier. For example seting up automatic syntflesh pathes and charcoal pils factory. It wodl alow chemicyst for focus on more adwance chemicals while mashinery will make all basic one. it wodl also alowed for making healing station in random placeces on station that wodl make healing hems for esier healing (this wodl need somone expiriens and wiling to spend good time on setup).

Third thing i wodl like to se inported from tg is there xenobiologi system. As it stands xenobilologi is almost not worth spending time on. Only things usful for whole station are speed potions and only reward for xenobiologist are satient animals and golems nothing for him personaly. Chemistri that the same department can do is much more rewarding and RnD similar. Toxin are similary usles for person doing them (unles you hawe hijac) but at least there are fast to do while xenobiologi taces a lot of time.

For that reson i thing using TG xenobiologi system alows for much more rewards for player taking his time to learn xenobiologi. Things like regeneration extracts or time warping cameras wodl be fun adition that rewards players that spend there whole shifts working xenobiologi.

Im not sure abaut balance here since xenobiology in TG is realy powerful but on the other hand as chemicyst I can make Asembly that fully heals you and protects you with metalfoam wals or mas produse maxcaps by the wirtu of large granads and bluspace brekers so balance is not realy somfing we hawe. Adytionaly seting up xenobiologi takes realy long time so it is rigt that for all this time spend they get fun toys to play with.

Sory for my english

I think Paradise had enough tg ports. I'd prefer to see new, unique systems which are carefully designed to fit within Paradise's vision. 

Edited by Spacemanspark
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

I think Paradise had enough tg ports. I'd prefer to see new, unique systems which are carefully designed to fit within Paradise's vision.

This. Also xenobio is already strong with creating sentient simple mobs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wikimody said:

First and thing that i thing is most dificult to implement is TG station adwance atmos. 

First of all, no. We may get new gasses some day, but its nowhere near a priority. With the amount of gasses they have, their atmos system chugs in performance, and we already strain for that. The server runs an intel 9900k, and it can only just keep up when we have 160 people online

Now system 2 i want to ask for inplementation chems factory. It is under "Guide to plumbing" on tg wiki and i thing it is intresting idea that wodl alow chemicysts at cost of long setup time make there job much esier. For example seting up automatic syntflesh pathes and charcoal pils factory. It wodl alow chemicyst for focus on more adwance chemicals while mashinery will make all basic one. it wodl also alowed for making healing station in random placeces on station that wodl make healing hems for esier healing (this wodl need somone expiriens and wiling to spend good time on setup).

Chem factories are not happening. We have enough chemistry memes already without needing to add literal factories that pump out meth at alarming speed. We also don't want cobbychem.

Third thing i wodl like to se inported from tg is there xenobiologi system. As it stands xenobilologi is almost not worth spending time on. Only things usful for whole station are speed potions and only reward for xenobiologist are satient animals and golems nothing for him personaly. Chemistri that the same department can do is much more rewarding and RnD similar. Toxin are similary usles for person doing them (unles you hawe hijac) but at least there are fast to do while xenobiologi taces a lot of time.

For that reson i thing using TG xenobiologi system alows for much more rewards for player taking his time to learn xenobiologi. Things like regeneration extracts or time warping cameras wodl be fun adition that rewards players that spend there whole shifts working xenobiologi.

Im not sure abaut balance here since xenobiology in TG is realy powerful but on the other hand as chemicyst I can make Asembly that fully heals you and protects you with metalfoam wals or mas produse maxcaps by the wirtu of large granads and bluspace brekers so balance is not realy somfing we hawe. Adytionaly seting up xenobiologi takes realy long time so it is rigt that for all this time spend they get fun toys to play with.

TG xenobio is actually interesting yes, but it would require a lot of balancing around our stuff, and wont come easy. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use