Second Detective job slot

GutTC

Suggesting about having two Detective job slots by default instead of only one.
With the server being on high-pop and usually busy and Detective's gun being less salt mine at least for now, when it comes to lone detective being called into multiple crime scenes at once wasn't quite a good experience.

Been playing as Detective for sometimes and I do enjoy to actually do the job as it meant to be such as gathering evidences against the suspects then perform the complete dossiers to present rather than "point-n-click" this and spill the names then hurried up to the next location before the crewmembers get really impatience on your late arrival, be it the Security waiting for you to scan things in the Processing, Engineer waiting to fix the emagged door or Janitor waiting alone in the dark maintenance to clean up the blood runes. Not having enough time to further investigate your old cases and papers nobody really want to read except of you because it's your job.

Detective job can also be very lonely at some point, most of times Security do not really have time to dive into Detective's detailed effort on evidences but wanting the suspect's name of the prints you found and move on unless the cases were that "interesting". I think having second Detective (and officially a real Partner) would improve the state of Detective's roleplay nature on any scenarios, having someone whose got the same job and SOP as their.

Also it'd make Detective job less unpleasant (or boring) in someway. Having two Detective sharing tasks or working in separated cases. The two debating together or to talk with about the evidences they gathered, two brains to share ideas and solving the cold cases. Or one could even go undercover while another work on uniform and on the desk. However fits their style. Which is fun.

So, are there any downsides to think about?
Surely, redoing the Detective's office to actually fits for two people instead of one. Honestly, I do not really have bright idea with this. Weather to enlarge the office in the current location or completely relocate and re-create it. This is probably a big problem unless someone already got an idea about this. If so, big change or not, cool.

Next up would be having two Detective means another player in Security. Despite the Detective's SOP they still pose as major problematic to certain antagonists. Two Det-curity might not be nice to certain perspectives, but that's IC related as long nothing too awful happens for validing as Detective going against their SOP.

Feel free to share your thoughts, things I missed, and feedback.

• Like 2
  • stunbaton 1

I think the same, most of the time people get convicted by officer testimony instead of evidence the detective gets.

I suggest they should give the detective a subordinate that gets the evidence so the detective can reconstruct the scene instead of yelling "it has the HOP's prints" without knowing what happened (the hop may be a witness)

Making a subordinate would fix the problem, the sub wouldn't need an office and wouldn't be a whole nother detective posing a threat to antagonists.

Even more, the subordinate could only get a forensic scanner and detective office access so it would be focused outside of brig searching for cases and getting clues while avoiding conflict. (even getting evidence for minor cases that most of the time aren't punished for lack of evidence).

All that being said, with high population having 10 antags and 1 detective is out of balance.

Edited by diegorusten

I honestly feel like, if there are two detectives, the job could be really fun: if you get a good partner.

Sure, you might get a shitty partner that takes everything useful from the locker at shift start and runs off to be a pseudo officer, but just imagining checking out a crime scene with a fellow sleuth who actually gives a damn... that would be some really enjoyable roleplay.

I also feel like it might be a good idea to shift Detective to being a Karma role as it's already designed to be a little more roleplay intensive than just Sec Officer "haha unga bunga taze antag", and especially if it would involve having two detectives - it would hopefully prevent the role from being taken by people who don't want to actually play the role, and would hopefully help set a higher standard of roleplay between the two detectives

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use