Calling all Wiki Developers and aspiring writers!

Regen

We are now looking into further rewarding those who help us out in this open sourced game!

Running this community is a lot of work, on top of general server management we also have to have an up-to-date forum and Wiki for our new and old players learning about what we are adding to the game.

We are looking for those wanting to go the extra mile and chip in their help towards making our community even better!

As this is a charity run community, with the continuous donation of hosting graciously provided by Melandor0 and all donations saved to only be used on server and community, there is not much we can give away other than our thanks and appreciation, and to show our appreciation we have decided to give those who show great effort in helping us a special forum badge

This forum badge will represent your amazing work helping us, making our lives a bit easier.

To apply for this badge, make a thread in this sub-forum with what you have done in the past and what you are currently working on, this will help us get a good look at what you are contributing, as well as giving other forum workers a heads up on what other people are working on.

Badges will be given out on a case to case basis, and has "set in stone" requirements.

Hey Regens, before the rollback I was the first to make a thread so I guess I'll repost it to the best of my memory. In general I made over 100+ edits ranging from fixing sentences to lore work to uploading images to creating areas in the map portion of the wiki. You said I could get a badge but whether or not you've changed your mind on that I'll still continue doing wiki work. I'd also like to point you towards this suggestion thread I made that directly calls out to you and the wiki since you seem to be the head of the wikipedia. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2338

The most recent wiki work I did of significance can be viewed here.

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Spider

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Space_Carp

Full log of my wiki work can be viewed here.

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Spec ... ons/Block1

Thanks for reading. Ciao.

Wop, first with the rank!

It still needs some tweaks as to how I do it, but currently it will be forced to users instead of a group.

As a frequent chemist i'm working on a more comprehensive guide to chemistry. I've attached something I've been working on.

Let me know if you have any suggestions and/or comments. Or let me know if this is even worthwhile. ;P

58bea283a6918_Spacestation13chemistry.jpg.5bac923aee674e8740b5d5c49e33c4b7.jpg

58bea283a6918_Spacestation13chemistry.jpg.5bac923aee674e8740b5d5c49e33c4b7.jpg

That's a nice idea stephanov, I was wondering if you could do a flowchart for treating the patients too? What takes priority (e.g. if bleeding out, inaprovaline, blood in, surgery to clamp bleeders, and only then dealing with the actual damage).

That's a nice idea stephanov, I was wondering if you could do a flowchart for treating the patients too? What takes priority (e.g. if bleeding out, inaprovaline, blood in, surgery to clamp bleeders, and only then dealing with the actual damage).

The thing is I'm not much of an expert on being a medical doctor.

The idea of this was more to group things together instead of having what you'd call a "shopping list"

I'm glad you like it though, I'll try to get to finishing this when I have time.

• 6 months later...

I can take care of Advanced Construction stuff. I have something in mind. At the moment I will update the list. Later If with permission and my free time. I could recreate it to look nice and efficient.

Sounds good! Give us a headsup with some of your work on our wiki and we'll go from there

• 1 month later...

We are now looking into further rewarding those who help us out in this open sourced game!

Running this community is a lot of work, on top of general server management we also have to have an up-to-date forum and Wiki for our new and old players learning about what we are adding to the game.

We are looking for those wanting to go the extra mile and chip in their help towards making our community even better!

As this is a charity run community, with the continuous donation of hosting graciously provided by Melandor0 and all donations saved to only be used on server and community, there is not much we can give away other than our thanks and appreciation, and to show our appreciation we have decided to give those who show great effort in helping us a special forum badge

This forum badge will represent your amazing work helping us, making our lives a bit easier.

To apply for this badge, make a thread in this sub-forum with what you have done in the past and what you are currently working on, this will help us get a good look at what you are contributing, as well as giving other forum workers a heads up on what other people are working on.

Badges will be given out on a case to case basis, and has "set in stone" requirements.

Im gonna be doing some work on the wiki in the next few weeks :D

• 5 months later...

I'd like to work on Hydroponics related pages if no one else is doing them. Hydro is my go-to job of choice and I feel I understand it enough. Add to that a semi-ability to read the code (it's better than it sounds, trust me) I think I can update the pages to what we have loaded in the code.

Just one question... What if any are the correct proceedings to edit the wiki? Do you just make the edit and then a moderator views it and approves or do you make a request? I don't want to mess this up on my first try like I did on here

Initially reworked the "Guide to Medicine" to include racial differentiations.

Completely reworked the "Guide to Medicine" mostly from scratch and changed it to "Guide to Medical"

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Medical

Arranged surgeries into Basic, Advanced and Synthetic after Tully generously added in synthetic surgeries, also modified some descriptors. Added a redirect on "Guide to Surgery" to point towards the main surgery page, rather than leaving people confused.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Surgery

Uploaded twenty or so new icons, resized a few older ones, reuploaded a few that were poor quality or badly corrupted.

List of commits to date.

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Special:Contributions/Shadeykins

Will be redoing the cloning guide eventually, potentially separating it from genetics. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

Rewrote the efficient slime farming section.Was rather vague,a bit incoherent,and generally a mess.Not to mention it was missing basic tips such as temp guns being effective on slimes,and frost grenades allowing you to mass cull.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... Slime_Farm

Added basic slime grenade construction.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Gui ... nstruction

The harvest begins...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm fairly new (been playing a few months). I use the wiki alot, I've noticed alot of things that are either out of date or could be written clearer. I want to help. Is this where I sign up? I spend alot of time sitting in my living room watching Disney or Nickelodeon with my 3 year old so I have plenty of time to read and write lol

I'm fairly new (been playing a few months). I use the wiki alot, I've noticed alot of things that are either out of date or could be written clearer. I want to help. Is this where I sign up? I spend alot of time sitting in my living room watching Disney or Nickelodeon with my 3 year old so I have plenty of time to read and write lol

Step 1) Sign into the forums.

Step 2) Click "Wiki"

Step 3) Find a page and hit edit.

There's a wiki development discord for the server where the most egregious pages are regularly pointed out, otherwise that's literally the signup process.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I added some extra info to the terror spiders page in regards to door opening and some fluff about crimsons helping their brethren with mobility other than vents. Very minor contribution but where ever I see an opportunity to help add some more information or clarification I will. 

• Regen unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use