Nuclear Operatives: Less TC, more Operatives.

Pyrodes

My idea here for the nuclear emergency gamemode is to make the amount of operatives able to be rolled roundstart scale with population, instead of TC. Sure, you can buy reinforcements more, but that's rare since it feels like you're giving away your TC, plus the fact that you have to spend your TC to properly gear them. There are a few good outcomes I can think off the bat for this. Firstly, it can give more opportunity to improve at nukie, with a slightly better chance at rolling it. Secondly, it encourages more teamwork since you would have less TC to go full unga and have to rely on your team. Thirdly, considering that on highpop, RND is usually maxed out by the time the team has arrived on the station and can throw more bodies at the operatives, the winrate can be more balanced instead of just the six nukies which can be easily overwhelmed by all the crew. 

It would be nice if I got some of your thoughts on this, been thinking about it for a while now.

1 hour ago, MattTheFicus said:

25TC = another nukie

Use your extra TC to get more gamers.

This - TC scales to the number of players so they'll get more than enough to buy and arm a reinforcement during war ops if there's a lot of people in the round, same goes for buying a cyborg if they feel it would be a better use of TC. I've been an operative and had over 110TC after the declaration before, so you could easily have every operative buy and arm them in that case.

The other benefit to keeping it as reinforcements is that it limits getting additional manpower to war ops alone (unless all the ops pitch in for a reinforcement during a non-war round though that's pretty unlikely given the more limited TC they get). If we went with scaling operatives then we'd end up with maybe 7 or 8 operatives right from the start being able to forgo war and just blitz to the bridge, which would be an almost guaranteed win for the ops and make blitz even less fun than it currently is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use